The defense had a really bad first couple of games but has markedly improved. Tamba Hali and Justin Houston are providing a good combo for getting pressure. Stanford Routt needs to improve some more but the secondary has played better the last few games (getting Flowers back helped). The defense has really done well the last few games, especially considering our offense leads the league in turnovers.

Special teams has been solid. Succop has proved he can be called-on and everybody knows how great a punter Colquitt is. Coverage has been good as well (Terrence Copper comes to mind with his performance this week).

WE HAVE A RUNNING GAME. A really, really good running game. Jamaal Charles is awesome. We NEED to be able to fully capitalize on his ability (and take some of the workload off him) by using play-action. It is a disservice to Charles, his teammates, the organization, and the fans to abuse him the way we are. Not being able to utilize the threat of Jamaal Charles' rushing ability in the passing game is like using a Swiss Army knife only as a screwdriver: It can wear out quickly and can be a much more invaluable and versatile tool when used properly. As good as he is now, imagine if Jamaal Charles had the threat of a passing game to keep the defense honest!

While I've seen a lot of tipped balls for interceptions this year, I've also seen phenomenal catches from Bowe, Baldwin, Mccluster, and Moeaki in the time they've been with the team.

I'm not going to rant in this thread about QB. I'm trying to keep this about the good stuff we have. However, I really do think it's possible that one key position could be turning a team of potential heroes into zeros.