Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firing herm edwards was the biggest mistake ever!!!

Default Firing herm edwards was the biggest mistake ever!!!

Yeah i said it!! I remember when it happened and thought it was a bad idea then and still do to this day. He had a solid foundation being built and just about everyone on here was whining and calling for his head. years removed whats your opinion now?

I hate the 3-4 defense, we've been drafting for the 3-4 for how many years now? And still cant get it right!

Imo he drafted better than haley and was a better coach and motivator.

He was another year away from this team doing special things. He was left with Nothing thanks to crybaby vermeil.

Blast away people but you got what you asked for with this change and this team!

MUCH better coach than Haley. I agree with everything you just said. I don't think he was given a fair shot with a good, young roster that he had the task to build. However, I don't think he was the coach that was going to be the guy who would lead the team to the promised land. I think his personnel moves kick the living **** outta Pioli's moves. This team is built on the Edwards picks. Imagine what this team would look like if Dorsey was allowed to play in a 4-3 and if he had a couple more years to build this team.

What a shame.

Jerk Edwards may have been the best evaluator of talent worst manager of a game to have eve coached which is why he's awesome on Espn and hasn't been of interest for any coaching gig. Texaschief admit it he was a bad coach, excellent in evaluating talent.

He was a better coach than Haley. Edwards has been offered several jobs as a coach but has turned them down because of the sweet job he's got at ESPN. He'll coach again.

I will disagree with you on firing Herm being a mistake.

I do agree that Herm did have a pretty good eye for talent. I really would like to see just how he would do in the role of a GM. I don't think we will ever see that. But I don't know for sure that he wouldn't do a good job in that role.

But the role of Head coach just isn't right for Herm. His game management is just horrible. I can't tell you how many Sundays While he was on the sidelines I was just cursing his name. He just doesn't handle the in game situations well at all. Not sure if we got any better then him with Romeo or not have not seen enough to tell. But I don't think that Herm is fit to be a head coach in the NFL.

Herm seems like a great guy. I really wanted to like him as our coach. But his win loss record after the 1st season was HORRIBLE. True that's not nearly all his fault as Carl peterson takes far more blame. But Herm IMO was to blame for more then his fair share of those losses.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Vermiel left us at 10-6... Herm.found his way to 2-14, and Haley got us back up to 10-6.

I like 10-6 better than 2-14.

All HCs are superior to Herm Edwards.

As an admitted outsider, in my opinion Herm would make a great GM with his ability to evaluate talent, etc....but I have to agree that his clock management, and game planning seemed weak.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Vermiel left us at 10-6... Herm.found his way to 2-14, and Haley got us back up to 10-6.

I like 10-6 better than 2-14.

All HCs are superior to Herm Edwards.
    THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    As an admitted outsider, in my opinion Herm would make a great GM with his ability to evaluate talent, etc....but I have to agree that his clock management, and game planning seemed weak.
    ...and a great big THIS!!!!

Where you been young man!

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    Yeah i said it!! I remember when it happened and thought it was a bad idea then and still do to this day. He had a solid foundation being built and just about everyone on here was whining and calling for his head. years removed whats your opinion now?

I hate the 3-4 defense, we've been drafting for the 3-4 for how many years now? And still cant get it right!

Imo he drafted better than haley and was a better coach and motivator.

He was another year away from this team doing special things. He was left with Nothing thanks to crybaby vermeil.

Blast away people but you got what you asked for with this change and this team!
    Herm was a horrible coach and you blame Vermeil but just like the Jets fans before him stated, he came in a blew this team apart to build HIS TAMPA two that got completely destroyed. He rebuilt the entire defense and still only one two games witha pathetic defense.

I still remember him saying that an offense scoring 24 points a game was Arena Football and that is not how you play the game, and then with that very MAD drive home every Sunday heard him say the same stupid things. It was just one of those games. It was just one of those gaames. NO Herm apparently you are playing in the Arena league because teams are scoring more than 24 points on you, but keep running the ball to keep that clock running and get it over quicker.

Herm was a scout at best who understood DB talent. At least Crennel is a DC.

To me Herm is the reason so many of us are frustrated. He stripped this team down and started the Losing streaks at home that killed our home field advantage. He did it his very first home game by wearing White instead of REd to get an advantage on the hot 80 degree day.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    He was a better coach than Haley. Edwards has been offered several jobs as a coach but has turned them down because of the sweet job he's got at ESPN. He'll coach again.
    What has he been offered and turned down? He is on the radio every week and he has said he had leads, but it was my understanding that he was turned down not him turning it down, but he has twisted it the other way now since he as his ESPN job. Since then he said, he loves his job and does not want to give it up to coach.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast