Thread: Australia and It's cities voted most livable

Default Australia and It's cities voted most livable

The Economist Intelligence Unit's Global Liveability Report

Perth, Australia ranked 20
    ---

Australia as a whole also ranked in top 3 in most reports.

What is a "liveability report?" What criteria were used? What does a rating of 97.5 mean? Who is the "Economist Intelligence Unit" and what expertise do they have to claim to be an authority on whatever liveability is? Is the ranking based on weather, crime, cost of living, annual income, unemployment rate, infant mortality rate, life expectancy, cultural opportunities, hotels, bars and restaurants, national security or freedom of religion and speech? Without context a raw number is meaningless. Do you have a link to the article from which came the chart?

I'm not questioning the results, I just want to know what they mean. There is not a single city in Asia, Africa, South America, or the United States in the Top 10 and 8 of those 10 are either in Australia or Canada. I find that a bit suspect and surprising.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    What is a "liveability report?" What criteria were used? What does a rating of 97.5 mean? Who is the "Economist Intelligence Unit" and what expertise do they have to claim to be an authority on whatever liveability is? Is the ranking based on weather, crime, cost of living, annual income, unemployment rate, infant mortality rate, life expectancy, cultural opportunities, hotels, bars and restaurants, national security or freedom of religion and speech? Without context a raw number is meaningless. Do you have a link to the article from which came the chart?

I'm not questioning the results, I just want to know what they mean. There is not a single city in Asia, Africa, South America, or the United States in the Top 10 and 8 of those 10 are either in Australia or Canada. I find that a bit suspect and surprising.
    Yea, It's obviously not the only list out there, but I guess what I really meant to say is that Australian cities are constantly in the top 5 of reports etc.

http://www.eiu.com/site_info.asp?inf...ability_Report

we wanted to stop there during the war. just to far south
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]