Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Brady Quinn, what really happened

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Brady Quinn, what really happened


    0 Not allowed!
    First i would like to say i have been a chiefs fan for 42 years,i watched the chiefs win the superbowl 69/70 season. i feel like i have good pluse of this team from year to year, what i have noticed this year is matt cassel has played like there is a better qb on the team, i think the whole team knows it, brady quinn was better comming in then matt cassel, and the pressure has got to matt, he has played like a qb insecure about his job, you can see it in his body language. the team will play better knowing they have a qb that can make the throws, i think matt has brought this whole team down, brady quinn is a better qb and we will see it, matt is done here in kc, it would suprise me if he plays again for the chiefs, and i hope he don't.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,530
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    if quinn does not throw many int's and does not fumble he may stay as the starter for the rest of the year. but if he looks ineffective then we will see cassel back, unfortunately
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    847
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 16

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I don't think Quinn is much better then Cassel and definately not the answer to our qb problems. However I expect the team to play harder and better for Quinn, especially the wr's. Its clear the Wr's did not click with Cassel.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,951
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I don't think Quinn is better than Cassel and I sure don't think the Team thinks that. I went to a couple of practices in St. Joe and it was pretty Clear Cassel was much better going in than any of the other three Qb's and even talking to both QB's during authograph sessions, I think Quinn even thinks that.

    All this talk about Crennel leaving Cassel in because Pioli is forcing him is speculation. I really think Crennel is forcing Cassel because that is the best chance they have to win. He did not sound very supportive of Quinn this week when asked about their history together and why Quinn failed.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,501
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I don't think Quinn is better than Cassel and I sure don't think the Team thinks that. I went to a couple of practices in St. Joe and it was pretty Clear Cassel was much better going in than any of the other three Qb's and even talking to both QB's during authograph sessions, I think Quinn even thinks that.

    All this talk about Crennel leaving Cassel in because Pioli is forcing him is speculation. I really think Crennel is forcing Cassel because that is the best chance they have to win. He did not sound very supportive of Quinn this week when asked about their history together and why Quinn failed.

    Do you think that was because Matt wasn't facing a pass rush at camp though? I ask because I believe Matt is a good QB when facing lesser teams and little pressure where he can focus on the routes of the receivers. When he has a team that is good at disrupting his pocket he tends to panic and not make the same decisions.

    I wonder if, although he and Brady are pretty much the same QB, Quinn will handle the pressure of a pass rush better. From what little we saw in preseason it didn't look like it but with a somewhat better line now than what he had maybe it will make a difference?

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg FL
    Posts
    331
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    If Quinn commits 2 turnovers or less we should win considering how close we could have been to winning another game or 2 without our qb being responsive for 4 or more turnovers. I hope he is better and think its time to see what he can do for our team. But as much as I feel Cassel is in there cuz Pioli doesn't want to admit he's a bust, he may very well be our best option...... Which isn't good!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,951
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Do you think that was because Matt wasn't facing a pass rush at camp though? I ask because I believe Matt is a good QB when facing lesser teams and little pressure where he can focus on the routes of the receivers. When he has a team that is good at disrupting his pocket he tends to panic and not make the same decisions.

    I wonder if, although he and Brady are pretty much the same QB, Quinn will handle the pressure of a pass rush better. From what little we saw in preseason it didn't look like it but with a somewhat better line now than what he had maybe it will make a difference?
    Matt struggles when there is pressure on him. He cant digest what is happeing fast enough before he either forces a pass or dumps it off. I think he does well when things fall in the game plan, but as soon as teams adjust or thrown something different at him. It is all down hill.

    I just think Quinn struggles over all reading what is there and making the throws that need to be made.

    From what I saw, Stanzi struggled so much more when trying to hit a receiver slightly covered.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    If this bye week helps Quinn to get more reps with Staring Line Up that will help him to get un Synch with the whole team. At least he seems more confidence than actual Matt looked before got hurt. Sadly those 2 Int's goes on Quinn numbers but Did I was all on him? The 1st one hits TE's numbers and bounce into Bucs Defender. What else Quinn can do? He throw it at the NUMBERS ...

    Also Dabol LAME play calling didn't help Quinn neither (He was in Cleveland when Quinn was there and well he's NOT a genious at OC)

    Vs the Bucs we became unidimensional .. our rush attack was vanished so they look for Quinn to win by AIR and what happen Dabol sends awful plays.

    I really hope this week bye helps Quinn to settle and keep the job at QB.

    The team had already give up on Cassel (Less Egoli) Quinn isn't the Future of this team but I guess he give us a chance to win at least next game vs Faiders

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,951
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by alexim58 View Post
    If this bye week helps Quinn to get more reps with Staring Line Up that will help him to get un Synch with the whole team. At least he seems more confidence than actual Matt looked before got hurt. Sadly those 2 Int's goes on Quinn numbers but Did I was all on him? The 1st one hits TE's numbers and bounce into Bucs Defender. What else Quinn can do? He throw it at the NUMBERS ...

    Also Dabol LAME play calling didn't help Quinn neither (He was in Cleveland when Quinn was there and well he's NOT a genious at OC)

    Vs the Bucs we became unidimensional .. our rush attack was vanished so they look for Quinn to win by AIR and what happen Dabol sends awful plays.

    I really hope this week bye helps Quinn to settle and keep the job at QB.

    The team had already give up on Cassel (Less Egoli) Quinn isn't the Future of this team but I guess he give us a chance to win at least next game vs Faiders
    You could say the same about a number of the interceptions Cassel has on his record.

    I don't know the extent of Cassel's injury but I would almost guess you will see him after the bye week.

    All week last week you could hear it in the Crennels interviews. He didn't really didn't support Quinn probably becuase what we saw last week is what he is.

    As far as Dabol. I am not impressed the slightest and I am far beyond ready to scrap the whole coaching staff. I hate the play calling, I hate the lack of urgency when being down, I hate fact we have decent receivers that either can't get open or are never looked at. The only time you see a ball go their way it is at least 25 yards down field or on the sideline.

    I hate the fact that the team started to look like thugs towards the end of that game fighting and pushing around but failed to do so while a play was going on. This team is playing with Zero accountability and has NO pride and that falls on a HC tha has no idea why his team is not performing for the second straight week.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,778
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    As far as Dabol. I am not impressed the slightest and I am far beyond ready to scrap the whole coaching staff. I hate the play calling, I hate the lack of urgency when being down, I hate fact we have decent receivers that either can't get open or are never looked at. The only time you see a ball go their way it is at least 25 yards down field or on the sideline.

    I hate the fact that the team started to look like thugs towards the end of that game fighting and pushing around but failed to do so while a play was going on. This team is playing with Zero accountability and has NO pride and that falls on a HC tha has no idea why his team is not performing for the second straight week.

    Absolutely this. this coaching staff has to be the worst group currently in the nfl. Every team has shown improvement but us, we go backwards. The browns won their first game this sunday but they at least have been competitive until the very end of thier games. jacksonville is the only team worse off than us but thats a roster thing not a coaching thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Brady Quinn
    By Hayvern in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-14-2012, 05:27 PM
  2. Get Brady Quinn Now..
    By mabortdrummer in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 06:31 PM
  3. Brady Quinn coming to visit
    By #58ChiefsFan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 11:00 AM
  4. I think we're going to trade for Brady Quinn
    By yashi in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 03:03 PM
  5. Brian Brohm vs Brady Quinn
    By balto in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-23-2008, 01:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •