vs.
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-3)

Sunday, October 14, Noon Central Time

at

Raymond James Stadium, Tampa Bay, FL

on CBS

Watch online: Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers Live Stream Online
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by Isawa_mo View Post
    The Cassel defending is as much of a as the bashing. There are other problems on the team. I think the more rational people here have said that. Just because there are other problems too, does not give him a pass. If you are arguing that Cassel is good because Quinn did no better (a guy who could not even play in place of Tebow last year), your standard for quality QB play is misguided at best.

Admitting there are other problems, which many folks that are wanting a QB change have done, does not change him needing replaced after this year.

I am still wanting a new HC at the very least and would not mind if Hunt pulled the plug on Pioli, also. Realistically, I know all three are not going to happen. The best I can hope for? Pioli gets his power pulled a bit by Hunt and he finds a coach that he can give some of that power to. I think the next coach hire should actually be made by Hunt (doubtful). Hire the guy, tell Pioli he has to work with him not over him. The new coach is in charge of picking what he deems as the best QB in the draft. Looking at the way we are going today, probably any QB he wants. Does that mean other personnel changes do not need to happen? NO. More needs to be done.

Should Bowe be offered a contract? NO!! Draft another WR. Make it a burner. We are so hand tied with no down field threat. I could go on and on. Some of the problems may work themselves out. The O-Line is not working yet, but they do tend to improve with time. The more they work together the better they tend to get.
    The thing is that Cassel was throwing a lot of INTs, and few people were accepting that it was primarily the receivers' fault.

Today, we got to see that it still is a receivers issue.

I saw a whole lot of what used to be referred to as "excuse making" when it was Cassel, from exactly the same people who had called t excuse making.

I saw.Bike actually ask what receiver had botched the first INT... BIKE DID THAT.

I saw a whole lot of complaining about how Quinn was not.being given enough time in the pocket.

I saw how the play-calling was hurting his performance.

It was nice to see the REAL problems being noticed by the fans.

Funny. Alot of the post game guys agreed that the qb spot was the missing link for KC. And theyre alot of hall of famers that know the game way better than we do. Oh well, we are looking at a losing season. Welcome to KC

I almost added Bowe as an example. No, he should not get an extension after this year. Hell, he should not have been the player they franchised. Another pretty obvious mistake/oversight by Pioli, IMHO. The best play now would be to offer him up for trade to a contending team that needs a WR. He still has enough going for him that someone would likely bite for as much as a 2nd round pick.

It kind of goes with the territory on Cassel, though. The QB gets the biggest bucks and is the face of the franchise. They get too much credit when things go well (IE 2010) and too much blame when they do not go well. The fans here should disappoint no more than any other fans in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The thing is that Cassel was throwing a lot of INTs, and few people were accepting that it was primarily the receivers' fault.

Today, we got to see that it still is a receivers issue.

I saw a whole lot of what used to be referred to as "excuse making" when it was Cassel, from exactly the same people who had called t excuse making.

I saw.Bike actually ask what receiver had botched the first INT... BIKE DID THAT.

I saw a whole lot of complaining about how Quinn was not.being given enough time in the pocket.

I saw how the play-calling was hurting his performance.

It was nice to see the REAL problems being noticed by the fans.
    I resemble that! Our receivers were absolutely terrible. From Baldwin slowing his route as the ball sails over his head to some tight end that I never heard of giving the ball to the Bucs. This entire team is just terrible.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Isawa_mo View Post
    The Cassel defending is as much of a as the bashing. There are other problems on the team. I think the more rational people here have said that. Just because there are other problems too, does not give him a pass. If you are arguing that Cassel is good because Quinn did no better (a guy who could not even play in place of Tebow last year), your standard for quality QB play is misguided at best.

Admitting there are other problems, which many folks that are wanting a QB change have done, does not change him needing replaced after this year.

I am still wanting a new HC at the very least and would not mind if Hunt pulled the plug on Pioli, also. Realistically, I know all three are not going to happen. The best I can hope for? Pioli gets his power pulled a bit by Hunt and he finds a coach that he can give some of that power to. I think the next coach hire should actually be made by Hunt (doubtful). Hire the guy, tell Pioli he has to work with him not over him. The new coach is in charge of picking what he deems as the best QB in the draft. Looking at the way we are going today, probably any QB he wants. Does that mean other personnel changes do not need to happen? NO. More needs to be done.

Should Bowe be offered a contract? NO!! Draft another WR. Make it a burner. We are so hand tied with no down field threat. I could go on and on. Some of the problems may work themselves out. The O-Line is not working yet, but they do tend to improve with time. The more they work together the better they tend to get.
    I still think the best idea is to get Cowher in here, move Pioli to President of Football operations, and let Cowher run the day to day of the team.

I know it is not likely to happen, but a man can dream can't he?

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

The sad part is that just 4 years ago we were in this exact same situation. Clark Hunt had the chance to reform this organization into a perennial playoff contender but made mistakes in some of his choices. His poor choices have made the franchise a laughing stock and turned the fan base from one of the most loyal in the league to one that I'm not even proud to be a part of. Something good NEEDS to come from this atrocity of a season!

I hate that we're not even relivent. Nobody even cares when they play us. They expect to win, even if it's in KC. That's hard to take.

I think the Chiefs lost b/c whoever started this thread couldn't even spell "Chiefs" right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I still think the best idea is to get Cowher in here, move Pioli to President of Football operations, and let Cowher run the day to day of the team.
    This is starting to look like a better idea every day.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324