Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KC Star says no extension

Default KC Star says no extension

Star just reported that CBS was wrong, and there is no extension offer. Source: No contract extension for Chiefs’ Pioli - KansasCity.com

I still want to have faith in Hunt. He understands business. I don't believe he's just in it to make more money and screw the chiefs and their fans. He made a bad decision, which at the time would have been hard to see, since SP looked like a great personnel guy. I think he'll make some good decisions after this mess.

Lets think about this Clark Hunt just scraping by to pocket the money. There is not one entrepreneur that will tell you a winning football team will not make more money than a loosing one. It's basic business sense that more profit comes with more customers. Clark wants that stadium to have a season ticket holder waiting list.

I agree Pioli was a good choice by Hunt at the time and still could be. I don't agree with firing Scott at this point but I believe the owner needs to show some influence in the direction this mess of a team is going to head.

Best news all day....really all year about the Chiefs

Great news !! Pioli isn't the guy to be the GM in KC. He tried, he failed -- time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Great news !! Pioli isn't the guy to be the GM in KC. He tried, he failed -- time to move on.
    Agreed. He has hired two coaches, both have failed. It is either them or him, either way he needs to be gone.

I figured this was the true story. Not the other one posting pioli had gotten an extension.

former Chief Bill Maas, now commentator, claims Pioli gone this week.

interview link
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post

interview link
    I would not take anything Bill Maas says as credible. He is not a credible reporter and to my knowledge has only used rumors which he generally starts from either opinions of other people who are not a credible source or from his own personal opinion.

I don't see any logical reason to can Pioli this week, unless the next replacement is sitting their unemployeed right now.

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post

interview link
    he makes some good points, but I don't think it is going to happen. If Clark lets Pioli go, he has to have someone in the organization, or someone in the wings to come in and continue to run the team. Hunt is not going to do it. I could see that person being Marty, but I think that is a long shot.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

This may be a bad question but wasn't Marty let go due to infidelities that his wife called him on?? I would think getting him back as GM may not be easy...I hope Clark is looking for a replacement for a few people. My buddy is a Dolphins fan and laughed when I mentioned Dabol at the beginning of the year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast