Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: 1-5...Where do we go from here?

Default 1-5...Where do we go from here?

It seems to me the Chiefs are in a spot where it's very unlikely that we'll be able to salvage the season. If that's the case, is it better to just let the season go, and go for a high ranking draft spot, or fight and scrap for every win we can get, and settle for where a 7-9, 8-8 or 6-10 draft position will put us?

If we go through a coaching/management change (which after the Bucs game is very likely), I'd rather play our backups and rookies and see what we've got on the benches, and then focus on getting a franchise QB. It would suck having to approach a game with a mindset of losing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom A Hawk View Post
    why? Stanzi? The guy until Cassel got hurt never dressed out? The guy who couldn't beat Tyler Palko to be the back up. The guy who has already proved that each time he gets in a game, he poops his pants?
    That guy?
    Why not? Whats the worse that can happen - we lose another game?
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Why not? Whats the worse that can happen - we lose another game?
    you lose more of your fans who paid their hard earned money to watch that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    you lose more of your fans who paid their hard earned money to watch that crap.
    They do have pretty low attendance compared to other places around 88-90% for the season. This is compared to several teams that have 100%+ occupancy. At the start of the season I paid 150 for my tickets with the lowest price being 45. For the colts game I found EVEN better seats for 110 and lowest price being 10 dollars. I am pretty sure most of those guys probably wont buy tickets again if they are selling them for prices like that.

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaNinja View Post
    They do have pretty low attendance compared to other places around 88-90% for the season. This is compared to several teams that have 100%+ occupancy. At the start of the season I paid 150 for my tickets with the lowest price being 45. For the colts game I found EVEN better seats for 110 and lowest price being 10 dollars. I am pretty sure most of those guys probably wont buy tickets again if they are selling them for prices like that.
    I have upper level tickets that are worthless on ticket exchange with their minimum pricing, on eBay you can't even get your money back. For people like me that are out of state it makes it almost impossible to convince me I should renew when I can not go to all the games.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    I have upper level tickets that are worthless on ticket exchange with their minimum pricing, on eBay you can't even get your money back. For people like me that are out of state it makes it almost impossible to convince me I should renew when I can not go to all the games.
    The problem becomes that as it gets colder unless a team is doing well about half of the fans don't want to go. When you factor in everything that's made people mad this year they'll be lucky if some of the games aren't blacked out this year.

I don't think the Chiefs will really ever have a hard time selling tickets. There's always someone new every year that can afford tickets for a year and says what the heck, they might be good this year. Unfortunately the year I did that they went 4-12 in 2009. I couldn't go the last game against the Bengals and asked...at least a few dozen people. No one wanted them, you know it's bad when you can't even GIVE your tickets away to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    The problem becomes that as it gets colder unless a team is doing well about half of the fans don't want to go. When you factor in everything that's made people mad this year they'll be lucky if some of the games aren't blacked out this year.

I don't think the Chiefs will really ever have a hard time selling tickets. There's always someone new every year that can afford tickets for a year and says what the heck, they might be good this year. Unfortunately the year I did that they went 4-12 in 2009. I couldn't go the last game against the Bengals and asked...at least a few dozen people. No one wanted them, you know it's bad when you can't even GIVE your tickets away to someone.
    If they draft a QB I am willing to split the tickets with someone... hehe

The Chiefs will inevitably win enough games this year to screw up our chances at a high enough draft position to ensure getting Barkley or Geno. It's just a prediction, but go ahead and look at the schedule- there's too many winnable games, and this team has had too many bad breaks for a few not to fall their way later in the season. Time to start debating whether or not Pioli will move up in the draft to get Geno, and how.

Where can we go from 1-5 no 1-6 then 1-7, 1-8 all the way to to 1-15!
    As far as Pioli moving up and taking a QB, about as much as a snowball in he11.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Where do we go from here?...
    Front runner status.

Quote Originally Posted by dl89 View Post
    The Chiefs will inevitably win enough games this year to screw up our chances at a high enough draft position to ensure getting Barkley or Geno. It's just a prediction, but go ahead and look at the schedule- there's too many winnable games, and this team has had too many bad breaks for a few not to fall their way later in the season. Time to start debating whether or not Pioli will move up in the draft to get Geno, and how.
    I really hope this won't be the case. Just stick a fork is us & let's get the draft pick. Pioli hasn't drafted well IMHO. Eric Berry, TJ all high picks are semi-busts! Yes...I said it! I don't think Eric Berry is all that.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast