Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-5...Where do we go from here?

Default 1-5...Where do we go from here?

It seems to me the Chiefs are in a spot where it's very unlikely that we'll be able to salvage the season. If that's the case, is it better to just let the season go, and go for a high ranking draft spot, or fight and scrap for every win we can get, and settle for where a 7-9, 8-8 or 6-10 draft position will put us?

If we go through a coaching/management change (which after the Bucs game is very likely), I'd rather play our backups and rookies and see what we've got on the benches, and then focus on getting a franchise QB. It would suck having to approach a game with a mindset of losing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Then you tell me how is it that multiple qbs have had the same issues.
    Because they all are below average NFL QBs. It's that simple, Matt. None of them can throw a deep ball, none of them are accurate on timing routes...they're just not good. It's that simple.

As far as Orton goes, people saw him as an upgrade to Cassel, and I think that's it. He's still a below average NFL QB.

Try this on for size. Profootballfocus grades every play of every game for every player. Here is where Cassel ranked among QBs from 2008-2012:

2009: 38th
    2010 (best season): 20th
    2011: 21st (Orton was 22nd)
    2012: 30th

Again, this screams BELOW AVERAGE.

The only QBs Cassel has graded out better than this year are Andy Dalton, Brandon Weeden, and Ryan Fitzpatrick.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 10-16-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Because they all are below average NFL QBs. It's that simple, Matt. None of them can throw a deep ball, none of them are accurate on timing routes...they're just not good. It's that simple.

As far as Orton goes, people saw him as an upgrade to Cassel, and I think that's it. He's still a below average NFL QB.

Try this on for size. Profootballfocus grades every play of every game for every player. Here is where Cassel ranked among QBs from 2008-2012:

2009: 38th
    2010 (best season): 20th
    2011: 21st (Orton was 22nd)
    2012: 30th

Again, this screams BELOW AVERAGE.

The only QBs Cassel has graded out better than this year are Andy Dalton, Brandon Weeden, and Ryan Fitzpatrick.
    I challenge you to find our wrs ratings in the same time I bet it pretty below average to. like in 2009 when our Wrs where dropping passes at RECORD rate.

I 100% agree that the QB play has been below average but I don't just look at that. Sundays game is case and point. When you have 3 guys on the other team more then double what you get out of you're number 1 WR that screams problem with others outside the qb. When your backup TE is doubling the numbers of your number 1 WR That screams problems outside your Qb. Yet all you can do is scream and whine about the QB. Has poor qb play hurt people around them YES it has. But it goes both ways.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Not a lot available at the moment so if I was Clark, I would do the following NOW - during the bye week.
    1. Fire Pioli. Let Donavon finish the year out.
    2. Fire Crennel. Jim Zorn to finish the year out.
    3. Fire Dabol. Cooter to finish the year out.
    4. Fire WR coach Nick Sirianni. Just fire him.
    5. Emmitt Thomas new DC.
    SHUT IT

At this point as pathetic as it sounds, I'll take a 1-15 season for a shot at securing a QB of the future for the next 10-15 years. It's the same old story every year w/ this team. Always hoping to be better, only to let all of the fans down. It's been 19 years since this franchise has had a playoff win. I'm so disgusted by this team.
    You are right on. Scrap this season for Geno Smith and let's have a great season next year. Look at the much improved Colts for inspiration.

Sounds like a plan Bike. Whats the worst that could happen....we lose to the Raiders and are ranked dead last again in two weeks?

this team is disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I challenge you to find our wrs ratings in the same time I bet it pretty below average to. like in 2009 when our Wrs where dropping passes at RECORD rate.

I 100% agree that the QB play has been below average but I don't just look at that. Sundays game is case and point. When you have 3 guys on the other team more then double what you get out of you're number 1 WR that screams problem with others outside the qb. When your backup TE is doubling the numbers of your number 1 WR That screams problems outside your Qb. Yet all you can do is scream and whine about the QB. Has poor qb play hurt people around them YES it has. But it goes both ways.
    2009: Chambers 19, Bowe 81
    2010: Bowe 16, Copper 56
    2011: Bowe 11, Breaston 33
    2012: Bowe 14, Baldwin 56

So every year, Cassel has had a top 20 WR to throw to.

You can spare me the "why are our WRs not doing anything". It's because the QBs can't throw the ball down the field. Why do you think Josh Freeman's yds/att is 7.7 (8th in the league) while Cassel is 6.5 (right at his career average, 29th in the league), Quinn is 5.3 (right at his career average, dead last in the league). That's why they're dumping it off to the backup TE 3 yards down the field.

Why do you think the Chiefs have run the ball the 3rd most in the league (205 times)? Because they don't trust their quarterbacks to make first downs. Why do the Chiefs run the ball an insane number of times on 3rd and 6? Because they don't trust their quarterbacks to make first downs.

Well respected analyst Ron Jaworski ranks Cassel as the 22nd best QB in the league: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...n-rodgers-no-1

I'm done trying to convince you. Take care.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 10-16-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buffman316 View Post
    You are right on. Scrap this season for Geno Smith and let's have a great season next year. Look at the much improved Colts for inspiration.
    If that's sarcasm, nice try. The Colts have already won as many games as they won all last year (and more than the Chiefs).

If that's sarcasm, nice try. The Colts have already won as many games as they won all last year (and more than the Chiefs).
    Not sarcasm at all. I am in full agreement with you.

the Colts did the right thing for sure.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast