Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-5...Where do we go from here?

Default 1-5...Where do we go from here?

It seems to me the Chiefs are in a spot where it's very unlikely that we'll be able to salvage the season. If that's the case, is it better to just let the season go, and go for a high ranking draft spot, or fight and scrap for every win we can get, and settle for where a 7-9, 8-8 or 6-10 draft position will put us?

If we go through a coaching/management change (which after the Bucs game is very likely), I'd rather play our backups and rookies and see what we've got on the benches, and then focus on getting a franchise QB. It would suck having to approach a game with a mindset of losing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Yeah... What's the point of pretending to have any dignity now.
    I've loved this franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in 19 years (going on 20). I'm fully on board one terrible season in hopes of securing a franchise QB to lead this team for the next 10-15 years, as opposed to finishing middle of the pack and continuing this mediocrity.

The Chiefs are 28-58 over the last 5 years. They've failed to win even 1/3rd of their games over this span. We had a playoff season mixed into this 5-year span that was largely a result of a seriously easy schedule in which we didn't have to beat a team over .500.

Nothing is going to change until this team finds a franchise QB that can lead them. If I don't have dignity for wishing one more season of failure in hopes of 10-15 years of success, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I've loved this franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in 19 years (going on 20). I'm fully on board one terrible season in hopes of securing a franchise QB to lead this team for the next 10-15 years, as opposed to finishing middle of the pack and continuing this mediocrity.

The Chiefs are 28-58 over the last 5 years. They've failed to win even 1/3rd of their games over this span. We had a playoff season mixed into this 5-year span that was largely a result of a seriously easy schedule in which we didn't have to beat a team over .500.

Nothing is going to change until this team finds a franchise QB that can lead them. If I don't have dignity for wishing one more season of failure in hopes of 10-15 years of success, so be it.
    28-58. Man, thats an ugly slap across the face statistic. Well, add that with the countless failed years with this franchise, so i would say this fanbase has had PLENTY of dignity supporting this team. Its time to leave the seats empty at Arrowhead. Time to show we arent going to put up with this product.

And when we get that "franchise QB" will it be all his fault when the balls are hitting our wrs in the hands get tiped up in the air and picked? Or is it just how it is with Cassel.

I love how the Cassel haters label anyone who defends him as excuse makers but you people sure do have an excuse for why we won in 2010. And I have said again and will say again those "easy teams" that we beat happend to beat Peyton Manning, Drew Brees TWICE, Philp Rivers twice. So I'm going to claim that Cassel is better then them. See how easy it is to twist the truth only useing one side of the story while throwing out the results that happen to go against ones opinion of the real story.

Nothing is going to change if we get the "franchise qb" unless the talent around that QB plays better. It's not that simple folks. Cassel hasn't played great he hasn't even played good for the most part this season but NO ONE HAS. If this team is going to go anywhere the number 1 WR can't be out preformed by little dexter Mccluster twice. Our tes have to be better real disappointed in Tony Moeaki this season. He defently didn't come back from the ACL injury as we all had hoped.

Bottom line is that if this team is going to go anywhere if the talent doesn't step up at including BUT NOT LIMITED to the Qb spot. Tanking the year for a gamble rookie is STUPID.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    And when we get that "franchise QB" will it be all his fault when the balls are hitting our wrs in the hands get tiped up in the air and picked?
    They won't be getting tipped, b/c they won't be thrown high and behind the WR.

Your Cassel lovefest is hilarious. He's awful. Put Manning, Brady, Brees, even Flacco on this team, we're +.500.

Matt Cassel had more turnovers through 5 weeks than any other team. He's not an accurate QB. He's never beat a good team, and his numbers against good teams are absolutely atrocious. One game he beat Rivers in in 2010 he threw for 68 yards.

You're not gonna get it through your head that Cassel is awful, and any analyst will tell you the same.

Just a reminder:

• Cassel is 3-18 when the Chiefs run it more than they pass it.
    • Against playoff teams in his career, Cassel averages 148 passing yards per game.
    • His career record vs playoff teams is 3-13
    • 5-13 versus teams with winning records
    • Never finished 16th in yards per attempt

Source: Chiefs The Declaration Of Independence, MO - The People vs. Matthew Gus Brennan CasseLLLLL - ChiefsPlanet

I've posted this before, nothing new. You just choose to ignore it and pin it on everyone else.

Good quarterbacks make everyone better around them. Good quarterbacks throw for 300 yards against good teams. Good quarterbacks can put the team on their back when they get behind and lead them to victory (instead of throwing and fumbling the ball at an alarming rate).

That's all.

They won't be getting tipped, b/c they won't be thrown high and behind the WR.

Your Cassel lovefest is hilarious. He's awful. Put Manning, Brady, Brees, even Flacco on this team, we're +.500.

Matt Cassel had more turnovers through 5 weeks than any other team. He's not an accurate QB. He's never beat a good team, and his numbers against good teams are absolutely atrocious. One game he beat Rivers in in 2010 he threw for 68 yards.

You're not gonna get it through your head that Cassel is awful, and any analyst will tell you the same.

Just a reminder:

• Cassel is 3-18 when the Chiefs run it more than they pass it.
    • Against playoff teams in his career, Cassel averages 148 passing yards per game.
    • His career record vs playoff teams is 3-13
    • 5-13 versus teams with winning records
    • Never finished 16th in yards per attempt

Source: Chiefs The Declaration Of Independence, MO - The People vs. Matthew Gus Brennan CasseLLLLL - ChiefsPlanet

I've posted this before, nothing new. You just choose to ignore it and pin it on everyone else.

Good quarterbacks make everyone better around them. Good quarterbacks throw for 300 yards against good teams. Good quarterbacks can put the team on their back when they get behind and lead them to victory (instead of throwing and fumbling the ball at an alarming rate).

That's all.
    It's not a lovefest to say others around them have to do there jobs. IT'S WHAT THEY ARE PAID TO DO.

Your BLIND hate for 1 guy is OLD. You take all the negitives that come with Cassel and say Look. All the good you throw out. You say the teams we beat going to a AFC west title were easy make it sound like any joe can come in and beat them. Then Peyton Manning Drew Brees both suck Right? They both lost to those teams that that horrible Matt Cassel even could beat. What did those teams suddenly just become good when they played? Your outlook just biased sue me if I don't go out of my way to hate 1 guy. You chose to say DAMN YOU CASSEL when a ball goes through a guys hands and gets picked. I think that's stupid. I think it's damn that whoever it is that let the ball go through there hands. You ignore the fact that it went through one of our wrs hands and just say Cassel sucks.

It's never 1 GUY when you get to 1-5 All you can do is bash Cassel. YES he's a part of it (LOOK ME PLACING BLAME ON CASSEL) A week ago I was looking forward to seeing if Quinn could do better. We have seen other QBs and the SAME issues as Cassel has. At what point to you start to even consider that part of what's wrong is NOT Matt Cassel. I Challange you to find one post of mine that says Cassel is even good. I don't think I have ever said it. But the BLIND HATE on him is OLD. We get it Cassel isn't great it has been established why don't we also talk about our number 1 wr who no shows games at times. Where are the threads about him? Where are the threads about the poor te play? Where are the threads about others. Don't you think all that plays a factor.

But I guess it's all cassels fault. Lets just also blame him for the Economy,Global warming,The mayans doomsday,Honey boo boo. And hell I stubed my toe at work today I'm sure that's Cassel's fault as well.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Cassel sucks

Then Peyton Manning Drew Brees both suck Right? They both lost to those teams that that horrible Matt Cassel even could beat.
    Incorrect. Matt Cassel has never beaten Peyton Manning. He's played him twice and is 0-2, with 360 passing yards in those 2 games, 0 touchdowns, and 1 interception.

Incorrect. Matt Cassel has never beaten Peyton Manning. He's played him twice and is 0-2, with 360 passing yards in those 2 games, 0 touchdowns, and 1 interception.
    That's not what I was saying. The teams that you deem so weak that we shouldn't give Cassel credit for beating beat Peyton Manning and Drew Brees that year. IF those teams are so god awful that Cassel can even get a win wouldn't that mean those to suck?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

That's not what I was saying. The teams that you deem so weak that we shouldn't give Cassel credit for beating beat Peyton Manning and Drew Brees that year. IF those teams are so god awful that Cassel can even get a win wouldn't that mean those to suck?
    I'm not following...He has never beat Peyton Manning.

I'm not following...He has never beat Peyton Manning.
    You're right he hasn't but you and other haters keep saying 2010 was because we played weak teams so you want to throw all of those wins out. Well those teams beat Peyton Manning and Drew Brees Twice. If those teams are so weak then why were they able to beat two qbs that are much better then Cassel? Or do you just want to ignore the 10-6 AFC west title because you have it out for Cassel and can't be fair to him?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast