Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 105

Thread: 1-5...Where do we go from here?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,502
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 852

    Default 1-5...Where do we go from here?


    0 Not allowed!
    It seems to me the Chiefs are in a spot where it's very unlikely that we'll be able to salvage the season. If that's the case, is it better to just let the season go, and go for a high ranking draft spot, or fight and scrap for every win we can get, and settle for where a 7-9, 8-8 or 6-10 draft position will put us?

    If we go through a coaching/management change (which after the Bucs game is very likely), I'd rather play our backups and rookies and see what we've got on the benches, and then focus on getting a franchise QB. It would suck having to approach a game with a mindset of losing, though.

  2. #71
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 5

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    This is the very hate I was talking about You ignore all the failings of the other players and call out a single player. It's not a man-fatuation just because I don't single out 1 player like you do. It's being real. You keep hating I will stay in the real world where the failings of the others are not blamed on a single player. If you read ALL My post you see I have said Cassel is part of the problem but all you see is that I dare to call out others. Silly me thinking the others that have failed have affected the team. You keep hating
    You can talk about this hate all you want, but it is real Matt. Look at the stats. I agree the D has been horrible too, but there is no calling out of other players because the QB is the most important player on the field. The Oline has been average at best and the RBs have actually been decent. You cant say for the WRs cause the QB throwing the ball has been so GOD-AWFUL!

    It's called the win column, perhaps you've heard of it?

  3. #72
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    231
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    This is the very hate I was talking about You ignore all the failings of the other players and call out a single player. It's not a man-fatuation just because I don't single out 1 player like you do. It's being real. You keep hating I will stay in the real world where the failings of the others are not blamed on a single player. If you read ALL My post you see I have said Cassel is part of the problem but all you see is that I dare to call out others. Silly me thinking the others that have failed have affected the team. You keep hating
    2009:
    EVERYONE sucked
    2010:
    Offense was good, Cassel was average(I say that because while he had a good season he had a horrible post season), our def was playoff ready
    2011:
    Offense was injured, Cassel was bad, Def was still good (even without Berry, who I am beginning to question)
    2012:
    Offense is average, Cassel is sucking, Def is sucking
    While we have had bad games and bad moments one thing has always sucked and that is our QB. Our Def improved up until this year, so did the Off. Special teams I would put at average having both good and bad games. Overall we suck but Cassel has always sucked.

  4. #73
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,502
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    This is the very hate I was talking about You ignore all the failings of the other players and call out a single player. It's not a man-fatuation just because I don't single out 1 player like you do. It's being real. You keep hating I will stay in the real world where the failings of the others are not blamed on a single player. If you read ALL My post you see I have said Cassel is part of the problem but all you see is that I dare to call out others. Silly me thinking the others that have failed have affected the team. You keep hating
    Matthew, man I have to give you credit for the amount of energy you expend on this subject. You have a valid argument and haven't just said effit.

  5. #74
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,052
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by H-townChiefsFan View Post
    You can talk about this hate all you want, but it is real Matt. Look at the stats. I agree the D has been horrible too, but there is no calling out of other players because the QB is the most important player on the field. The Oline has been average at best and the RBs have actually been decent. You cant say for the WRs cause the QB throwing the ball has been so GOD-AWFUL!
    Strange our Top WR gets outdone by the Backup Te at times like sunday. What was it a Elite qb that came in just to throw it to him. Mccluster out did out top wr twice this season strange they can catch the ball when our top Wr can't does some Great qb suddenly come in and throw them the ball. The O line has also had issues that affects the QB play. I know they suck because cassel made them suck. No matter how much you want to put this on Matt Cassel It's a TEAM failure Cassel is a big part of it. But so is everyone else on the team and the coaching staff. But those around have failed more then Cassel at times. Like when the ball hits our guys in the hands and still gets picked. You can claim it's being real all you want but to constantly point out 1 guys failure and give the WRs, Tes a hall pass because you don't like the qb is hating. That's just how I see it.
    ​BAN ROY


  6. #75
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,502
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by H-townChiefsFan View Post
    but there is no calling out of other players because the QB is the most important player on the field.
    Are you from the school of thought an above average/great QB fixes a lot of the other issues or do you think we'll still stuck in suckdom with a good QB?

  7. #76
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,052
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LlamaNinja View Post
    2009:
    EVERYONE sucked
    2010:
    Offense was good, Cassel was average(I say that because while he had a good season he had a horrible post season), our def was playoff ready
    2011:
    Offense was injured, Cassel was bad, Def was still good (even without Berry, who I am beginning to question)
    2012:
    Offense is average, Cassel is sucking, Def is sucking
    While we have had bad games and bad moments one thing has always sucked and that is our QB. Our Def improved up until this year, so did the Off. Special teams I would put at average having both good and bad games. Overall we suck but Cassel has always sucked.

    So again tell me whats the excuse for 3 other qbs having the same issues? I'm sure Cassel made them suck to
    ​BAN ROY


  8. #77
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 5

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Are you from the school of thought an above average/great QB fixes a lot of the other issues or do you think we'll still stuck in suckdom with a good QB?
    I think a above average QB would make us an 8-8/9-7 team. A great QB I really belive elevates the play of those around them and we would be a 10-6 team.

    Coaching also has alot to do with it though. I dont have an answer for that. I at first thought Haley was a good hire and did not think the promotion of Crennel was a bad idea. I was wrong on both accounts it would seem:

    It's called the win column, perhaps you've heard of it?

  9. #78
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,052
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Matthew, man I have to give you credit for the amount of energy you expend on this subject. You have a valid argument and haven't just said effit.
    It blows my mind how some go so far to hate a player on this team. I'm about ready to say effit. Some just want to hate
    ​BAN ROY


  10. #79
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 5

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Strange our Top WR gets outdone by the Backup Te at times like sunday. What was it a Elite qb that came in just to throw it to him. Mccluster out did out top wr twice this season strange they can catch the ball when our top Wr can't does some Great qb suddenly come in and throw them the ball. The O line has also had issues that affects the QB play. I know they suck because cassel made them suck. No matter how much you want to put this on Matt Cassel It's a TEAM failure Cassel is a big part of it. But so is everyone else on the team and the coaching staff. But those around have failed more then Cassel at times. Like when the ball hits our guys in the hands and still gets picked. You can claim it's being real all you want but to constantly point out 1 guys failure and give the WRs, Tes a hall pass because you don't like the qb is hating. That's just how I see it.
    Thats fine and I respect your opinion, but I dont think there is a single person on this board that thinks this is all Cassels fault.
    my POV for pos by pos:
    QB - F (both Cassel and Quinn)
    WR - C (Baldwin has not quite shown 1st rd talent and Bowe is what he has been for 3 years now, just outside of elite) Breston has been a disappointment
    RB - B+ (for what they have done considering the pass game, I am impressed with Charles' ability to come back from a devastating injury. Droughn has also been a nice surprise. Hillis has sucked donkey balls. McFluster is ok, but seriously limited
    TE - F (what was thought to be a strong point is now a major weakness. Boss is hurt and Moeaki is nowhere even close to pre-injury form. They cant block and they cant get open. Moeaki is closer to being a bust than a star)
    O-line - C (it seems like Charles does not have the gaping holes he has had in the past and the QB has only had enough time maybe 50-60% of the time
    D-line - D (no pressure on QB except LBs...which I understand is part of the 3-4 but seriously...high draft picks have not panned out. RBs continue to gain at least 3 yeards on almost every carry)
    Outside LB - B+ (Hali is good, but not as great as last year, Houston is a BEAST!)
    Inside LB - C+ (DJ is closer to his 2010 douchiness than his 2011 breakout year, Belcher is overmatched at times)
    CB - C+ (Ive never seen Flowers get torched as much as he has this year, Route is a poor mans Brandon Carr at best)
    S - D (Eric Berry is a shadow of his 2010 self and K Lewis has not played as well as he had last year)

    Special teams/K - B- (Colquitt is awesome and Succop has been good, but coverage sucks and there has been nothing in the return game. I was really excited when McCluster and Arenas were tearing it up at the beginning, but they have both faded in the past year)

    It's called the win column, perhaps you've heard of it?

  11. #80
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Strange our Top WR gets outdone by the Backup Te at times like sunday. What was it a Elite qb that came in just to throw it to him.

    This is seriously the worst argument you've made. Brady Quinn cannot throw the ball down the field, and he's inaccurate at close range.

    I went back and watched every pass play the Chiefs called (it was hard to watch). He threw high and behind Bowe on two called slant plays. Bowe had one catch on the sideline where he did a nice job of keeping his feet in on a 6 yard out. He made Quinn look good b/c it too was a poorly thrown ball 6 yards down the field.

    Why did Maneri outproduce Bowe? Because Maneri was left wide open 5 yards down the field. That's also why McCluster had 6 catches...DINK & DUNK. If Quinn could have delivered the ball better down the field, Bowe would have easily had a better day.

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    So again tell me whats the excuse for 3 other qbs having the same issues? I'm sure Cassel made them suck to
    Dude, the other 3 QBs suck too. Palko, Quinn, and Orton...Name a team these guys would start on other than the Chiefs. Orton, who most people thought would have been our best option had we kept him, is now a backup on the Dallas Cowboys. Are you that delusional that you actually think the other QBs are actually good? Quinn has been in the league for 5 years now and has never been more than a mediocre backup QB.

    If that's your defense (that 3 other backup QBs had the same issues), there's no convincing you otherwise that the QB position is the biggest hole on this team.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 10-18-2012 at 12:39 AM.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •