Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Disheartening.

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,763
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 3

    Default Disheartening.


    0 Not allowed!
    The Eagles are in first place and have the stones to fire their dc. We have the talent coaches aren't getting it done. Why are we such wimps come on one arrowhead shake things up we are one and five.

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    691
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    What you are suggesting is to screw this team next year as well. This season is a loss and we just have to ride it out. The best choice to replace RC is most likely under contract right now on a another team and I am not sure what team will give permission to take him away during the season. Maybe in the last two weeks, but not now... So replacing any coach on this roster now has to be from within, or a candidate that probably already sucks or they would be under contract. I highly doubt the Chiefs could will hire any viable candidate of the street as they could lose their job by the end of the season if Pioli is canned so they won't come out of retirement for this. Not now...
    Dump RC. Put in Zorn as a temp. Promote one of the D coaches as temp DC. Season's already screwed. Next season can be saved if you start now. Football management is not my career, as I assume it's not yours either, but I'd bet most organizations have deep records on who's available around the league, who's on the raise in the coaching ranks. I'd be scouting coaches, as I bet they do. Or let this ride out and plan the dumping at the end of the season, but I wouldn't let my team think that this kind of performance is acceptable, and they'd see that by some action being taken. Why do you think this screws next year too? I don't get that.

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    691
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    The Eagles are in first place and have the stones to fire their dc. We have the talent coaches aren't getting it done. Why are we such wimps come on one arrowhead shake things up we are one and five.
    Now that I agree with!

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    661
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    What do you guys think about Hue Jackson. At least as an Offense Coordinator. With him the Raiders offense finished fourth in the AFC and sixth in the NFL in scoring (25.6 points per game). In his first and only year as head coach he finished 8-8. That's not bad for 1 year.

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,831
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 474
    Given: 690

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    What do you guys think about Hue Jackson. At least as an Offense Coordinator. With him the Raiders offense finished fourth in the AFC and sixth in the NFL in scoring (25.6 points per game). In his first and only year as head coach he finished 8-8. That's not bad for 1 year.

    I'll take him as an OC in a heartbeat !!

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    661
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Me too. I was hoping they would have looked at him this year and instead was shocked to hear they hired Daboll. Jackson and RC as DC would be great!

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,529
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Kline, Really? We might as well go after Tim Tebow. Another running back who can throw when guys are wide open.
    I would have said the same thing , untill i saw him slice and dice WVU. his throws were dead on accurate while geno smith suffered from poor and unimaginative play calling. and yes his receivers wer wide open yet he still hit them in stride 40yds downfield, across the middle and corner endzone faDES. i think he deserves a closer look. we still have lots of time to debate.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    648
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    i'm all in on barkley unless someone else pops up. Klein looked good but heard to many bad things. Geno i want no part of.

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,784
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Dump RC. Put in Zorn as a temp. Promote one of the D coaches as temp DC. Season's already screwed. Next season can be saved if you start now. Football management is not my career, as I assume it's not yours either, but I'd bet most organizations have deep records on who's available around the league, who's on the raise in the coaching ranks. I'd be scouting coaches, as I bet they do. Or let this ride out and plan the dumping at the end of the season, but I wouldn't let my team think that this kind of performance is acceptable, and they'd see that by some action being taken. Why do you think this screws next year too? I don't get that.
    Who are you promoting to DC from within the ranks that has actually called plays. The Chiefs cant start now until those DEEP records on who is available is actually available. They are most likely under contract to work for the current season. I don't know what team will grant the Chiefs access to talk to their employees this early in the season when that person would most likley be very important to their season.

    If they are not under contract they are either a high profile person working on TV, or somene not worth it. In any way, None of those people will come here until they know if Pioli is staying or going because there is to much risk taking a position if a new GM comes in and brings in his own guys.

    I get it, you hate the way things are so bad that you Want to Kill it all now but unless Clark Hunt has everything planned out right now. He can not just Tank the season by putting anyone in there to completely change the way things are run without screwing the season ticket holder who paid to watch this team play.

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,784
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    I would have said the same thing , untill i saw him slice and dice WVU. his throws were dead on accurate while geno smith suffered from poor and unimaginative play calling. and yes his receivers wer wide open yet he still hit them in stride 40yds downfield, across the middle and corner endzone faDES. i think he deserves a closer look. we still have lots of time to debate.
    The same WVU team that had to score 70 points because Baylor racked up 63 points on them. West Virginia's defense is horrific. I saw a lot of wide open receivers and a lot of time to throw the ball.

    Kline can throw as can Tebow, but they usually don't throw it if the guy is slightly covered making most attempts very high percentages and if not there they will run instead.

    I could be wrong, but Kline is not your typical NFL QB.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •