Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
What you are suggesting is to screw this team next year as well. This season is a loss and we just have to ride it out. The best choice to replace RC is most likely under contract right now on a another team and I am not sure what team will give permission to take him away during the season. Maybe in the last two weeks, but not now... So replacing any coach on this roster now has to be from within, or a candidate that probably already sucks or they would be under contract. I highly doubt the Chiefs could will hire any viable candidate of the street as they could lose their job by the end of the season if Pioli is canned so they won't come out of retirement for this. Not now...
Dump RC. Put in Zorn as a temp. Promote one of the D coaches as temp DC. Season's already screwed. Next season can be saved if you start now. Football management is not my career, as I assume it's not yours either, but I'd bet most organizations have deep records on who's available around the league, who's on the raise in the coaching ranks. I'd be scouting coaches, as I bet they do. Or let this ride out and plan the dumping at the end of the season, but I wouldn't let my team think that this kind of performance is acceptable, and they'd see that by some action being taken. Why do you think this screws next year too? I don't get that.