Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please don't make the same mistake..

Default Please don't make the same mistake..

Well the weather is crappy here so don't feel like doing much. So instead i'm just sitting inside and being disgusted even more by watching/listening/reading everything i can involving the chiefs. For the most part i generally stay pretty quiet on this forum except for gameday. But i figured i would make a post kind of laying out the worries i have with this whole fiasco. PLEASE PLEASE do not make the same mistakes the raiders have/are/and continuing to make. I have been a chiefs fan since montana came here. I've never given up hope and i've never been ashamed of this team until this year. Now i'm not saying i will no longer be a fan because that's just not in my blood to be a quitter. But i am disgusted by not only the team, the organization but by the fans aswell. I don't know if it's ok to talk about it here but i lurk on the other CP forum and am disgusted by all the negative av's, negative threads, and negative signature pictures of the team that i love. As angry as i am at this whole ordeal i would never resort to the garbage i'm seeing from alot of fans. The banner being flown over the stadium? We seriously are becoming the raiders. Our organization is in disarray, our fans are running rampid and preaching anarchy.

This team has got so many issues that are so ingrained but the constant hate and bashing of the QB is atrocious. It scares me so much that we are going to throw all our chips in on a "franchise" QB and this is just going to spiral even further down the rabbit hole. The raiders thought they were a QB away from being dominant. And look where they are... Sound familiar? There are so many similiarities between the raiders and the chiefs right now it gives me nausea! Raiders are no longer the laughing stock of the NFL and AFC West doormat, we are.

Now in no way am i saying we should not draft a QB, my personal opinion is cassel can win, i think cassel is a good QB, however he has got to play better and smarter. I'm not against drafting a QB but i think our focus as a team, organization, and fanbase is to fix the deeper issues which is the loosing culture that is now ingrained into this franchise. The revolt of the fanbase, and the coaching of one of the most talented rosters in the NFL. There are only a handful of people that know whats going on behind the curtains and i can lean one way for firing pioli and i can lean another for keeping him as he has built an impressive roster just not got the correct teachers to mold and sculpt it. I just hope that for this fanbase and organization and my beloved team that clark makes the right decision.

Now as far as the coaching i'm all ready to drop the nuke on it. I was not a fan of romeo being hired and my fears were realized 100%. He's to soft and timid and not a teacher this team needs. Whatever it is i hope they fix it over the bye week and get the wheels in motion to get the CORRECT people in here to run this team. I hope the TEAM steps up and starts playing like they are winners and want to win. I hope matt comes back with a renewed fire under him and his team steps up to help him quiet some of the critics. I hope we as fans step up and put the childish raider antics behind us. Keep our BS under control and trust that the powers that be will not let this organization fall into the disarray that is known as the black hole.

Come draft day have faith that the powers that be make the best decision for this franchise whether it be a Qb or whatever else. But unless we fix the internal structure whatever QB we get will be deemed a bust in the first season and anarchy and riots will ensue.

I understand what you're saying but please don't compare us to the Raiders...the went to the Superbowl no too long ago and we can't even win a playoff game. People are frustrated as they should be. The fans of Kansas City deserve better.

Quote Originally Posted by LargoChief View Post
    I understand what you're saying but please don't compare us to the Raiders...the went to the Superbowl no too long ago and we can't even win a playoff game. People are frustrated as they should be. The fans of Kansas City deserve better.
    I 100% agree

why shouldn't i compare us to the raiders? exactly they have gone to the suberbowl and won playoff games. They are in constant disarray and making bad QB decisions. They threw everyting they had in on carson cause they believed he would be their savior. They are worse off now for that. I don't want to see this organization go that way nor this fanbase. The fans are talking about wearing all black to arrowhead, sound familiar to a black hole? whats next covering our faces with vader helmets? hell then we are just some spiked shoulder pads away from actually being the midwest black hole. We do deserve better but rioting and preaching anarchy is not what we should be doing, flying signs over teh stadium, wearing all black, leaving arrowhead empty, It sounds like an oakland fanbase and makes me embarrased

Considering people expressed there displeasue with Cassel last year and have only started to boo him loudly this year I am going to disagree that we would only give a QB a year. Also arent QB's coming out a lot more productive now look at Ponder and Newton from two years ago. RG3, Luck, Tannehill, or Weeden all arent looking that bad. I personally think Cassel can win games AGAINST bad teams (just like his record shows) he is amazing at practice and with bad teams but put him on the field with a desperate team like the Ravens or Raiders in 10. In his BEST year they still destroyed him.
    I think we need a clean start new GM and HC. I want Crennel back at DC (which he wasnt that bad at). The only person I want gone this week is Daboll everyone else can be replaced when the time comes. Marty probably wouldnt be a good Gm (with his age) but he sure could attract one to the area.

fairladyZ,

Here's the parts that I simply cannot side with you on.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    ...... and trust that the powers that be will not let this organization fall into the disarray that is known as the black hole.
    Come draft day have faith that the powers that be make the best decision for this franchise
    How can these so called "powers that be" be trusted by any Chiefs fan who's willing to look at this team objectively and with any sense of diplomacy?

These so-called "powers that be", specifically Scott Pioli have turned the KC Chiefs from a football team into a political laughing stock, since Pioli's arrival in 2009.

All Pioli has brought is a "p!ss on our own heads, tell ourselves it's raining" type mentality to the Chiefs team, and it's clear that he's more of a politician than a GM. The disease is called "self-delusion".

Unfortunately, many Chiefs fans were infected by this disease ( and never was this more prevalent than when Berry was selected instead of Okung at #5 overall in the 2010 draft ), but what you are seeing taking place with Chiefs fans is that reality is hitting them smack in the face & quite naturally they are irate about it.

Just look at what happened with the 2009 and 2010 drafts. Outside of K Ryan Succop, the other players that were drafted in 2009 and 2010, and are still with the team, can be considered marginal at best. There was too many missed opportunities in both those drafts, and NO, it isn't hindsight, as many of those selections were questioned by a lot of Chiefs fans ( many thought they were downright stupid ) at the time they were made.

Nobody owes any trust to these so-called "powers that be", when here we are 4 years later & there's been no progress as far as the Chiefs being able to contend with the top teams in the league. They can't even contend with losing teams here in 2012.

Bottom line is that Pioli has had his chance, he failed......time for him to go & time to move on.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 10-16-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Well the weather is crappy here so don't feel like doing much. So instead i'm just sitting inside and being disgusted even more by watching/listening/reading everything i can involving the chiefs. For the most part i generally stay pretty quiet on this forum except for gameday. But i figured i would make a post kind of laying out the worries i have with this whole fiasco. PLEASE PLEASE do not make the same mistakes the raiders have/are/and continuing to make. I have been a chiefs fan since montana came here. I've never given up hope and i've never been ashamed of this team until this year. Now i'm not saying i will no longer be a fan because that's just not in my blood to be a quitter. But i am disgusted by not only the team, the organization but by the fans aswell. I don't know if it's ok to talk about it here but i lurk on the other CP forum and am disgusted by all the negative av's, negative threads, and negative signature pictures of the team that i love. As angry as i am at this whole ordeal i would never resort to the garbage i'm seeing from alot of fans. The banner being flown over the stadium? We seriously are becoming the raiders. Our organization is in disarray, our fans are running rampid and preaching anarchy.

This team has got so many issues that are so ingrained but the constant hate and bashing of the QB is atrocious. It scares me so much that we are going to throw all our chips in on a "franchise" QB and this is just going to spiral even further down the rabbit hole. The raiders thought they were a QB away from being dominant. And look where they are... Sound familiar? There are so many similiarities between the raiders and the chiefs right now it gives me nausea! Raiders are no longer the laughing stock of the NFL and AFC West doormat, we are.

Now in no way am i saying we should not draft a QB, my personal opinion is cassel can win, i think cassel is a good QB, however he has got to play better and smarter. I'm not against drafting a QB but i think our focus as a team, organization, and fanbase is to fix the deeper issues which is the loosing culture that is now ingrained into this franchise. The revolt of the fanbase, and the coaching of one of the most talented rosters in the NFL. There are only a handful of people that know whats going on behind the curtains and i can lean one way for firing pioli and i can lean another for keeping him as he has built an impressive roster just not got the correct teachers to mold and sculpt it. I just hope that for this fanbase and organization and my beloved team that clark makes the right decision.

Now as far as the coaching i'm all ready to drop the nuke on it. I was not a fan of romeo being hired and my fears were realized 100%. He's to soft and timid and not a teacher this team needs. Whatever it is i hope they fix it over the bye week and get the wheels in motion to get the CORRECT people in here to run this team. I hope the TEAM steps up and starts playing like they are winners and want to win. I hope matt comes back with a renewed fire under him and his team steps up to help him quiet some of the critics. I hope we as fans step up and put the childish raider antics behind us. Keep our BS under control and trust that the powers that be will not let this organization fall into the disarray that is known as the black hole.

Come draft day have faith that the powers that be make the best decision for this franchise whether it be a Qb or whatever else. But unless we fix the internal structure whatever QB we get will be deemed a bust in the first season and anarchy and riots will ensue.
    THIS!^^^ REP!!!

Your post is one of the most intelligent, logical, and wise that I've read in weeks by a Chief fan. Thank you for voicing an opinion with respect & reason, for not allowing emotions to cloud judgement overall. It's very refreshing to read an opinion that doesn't include hate, anger, vulgarity, hostility, and disrespect. It's very nice to see a fellow Chiefs fan represent with integrity & dignity.

I completely agree with you, 100%! GO CHIEFS!!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaNinja View Post
    Considering people expressed there displeasue with Cassel last year and have only started to boo him loudly this year I am going to disagree that we would only give a QB a year. Also arent QB's coming out a lot more productive now look at Ponder and Newton from two years ago. RG3, Luck, Tannehill, or Weeden all arent looking that bad. I personally think Cassel can win games AGAINST bad teams (just like his record shows) he is amazing at practice and with bad teams but put him on the field with a desperate team like the Ravens or Raiders in 10. In his BEST year they still destroyed him.
    I think we need a clean start new GM and HC. I want Crennel back at DC (which he wasnt that bad at). The only person I want gone this week is Daboll everyone else can be replaced when the time comes. Marty probably wouldnt be a good Gm (with his age) but he sure could attract one to the area.
    I will respectfully disagree. As a season ticket holder, I attend all home games at Arrowhead, God willing. Only illness keeps me away. Although not to an extreme as recently, some Chiefs fans at Arrowhead began booing & heckling Matt Cassel his first year, 2009. They did the same to Bowe whenever he dropped a pass. They booed again in 2010, 2011, now 2012, and it's gradually intensified.

GO CHIEFS!!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I will respectfully disagree. As a season ticket holder, I attend all home games at Arrowhead, God willing. Only illness keeps me away. Although not to an extreme as recently, some Chiefs fans at Arrowhead began booing & heckling Matt Cassel his first year, 2009. They did the same to Bowe whenever he dropped a pass. They booed again in 2010, 2011, now 2012, and it's gradually intensified.

GO CHIEFS!!!
    Well it is like a siren going off before a tornado hits at least the chiefs had a warning. Though I gotta say the stuff like wearing black to the game... just dont go save yourself the time, misery, and gas :p

It's the sense of rage....

I have been a sports fan my whole life, and have never seen a fanbase express such hatred for a team they claim to love.

I used to be one of the worst about complaining about this team, but my worst Palestine.in comparison to the pure rage I am seeing.

No. There is absolutely no excuse for it. You do not deserve anything but whatever they put on the.field.

I agree.... I think the fanbase is.becoming The Raiders'.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast