Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Profootballtalk.com on Pioli's extension, the truth...

Default Profootballtalk.com on Pioli's extension, the truth...

I rarely believe any thing sports media reports on a National or local level, as most report based upon hearsay, speculation, & lack of credible sources. Their "source close to the situation" is crapola most times.

Profootballtalk.com I do however, consider to be the most reliable these days for accuracy & honesty in reporting. Below is a link to their opinion on the current rumors related to Pioli's extension.

I would like to point out a comment within their article related to Pioli's extension. PFT know's who those people are & so do I. Those people who "dislike Pioli", since he came to KC, because he didn't kiss their butts like former GM Peterson. They have done their best to crucify Pioli among a fan base that typically buys any thing media says or reports as gospel. Even though much of whats been reported has been false based upon ONLY hearsay, gossip, unreliable, & non credible sources. Clark Hunt made it perfectly clear to the KC Star, which they ran a story misleading fans yet again, even after Clark made it clear.."we don't discuss our contracts with the public"...including media.

Profootballtalk.com - "There’s also a chance that folks who don’t like Pioli are pushing embellished, exaggerated, and/or fabricated facts in order to foment further fan discontent regarding Hunt and Pioli, fanning the flames so that Hunt will feel like he has no choice but to move on. Either way, someone is dead wrong on this one."

^^^ TRUTH!!

King confirms report that Pioli was not offered extension | ProFootballTalk

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Since when did you become a homer?

I know, right?

I'm not really.

I just know that we have the talent to be a top team. The problems I see seem to be a coaching issue. And I think it CAN be fixed, but not so sure it will be, and losing hope with each bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Honestly guys, I think we are two more losses away from saying the season is blown. Right now no one in the AFC is running away with it. This team could come around and still make the playoffs with our record. Heck, in this league and considering we have only played one divisional rival, 9 and 7 could make the playoffs
    Maybe I have been watching too many feel good sports movies.
    No towel throwing in from me!
    That's Clark's job to figure out. One thing that is obvious in the NFL business is no one cares about who you are, how nice you are, or how you're being treated in the public. All that matters is winning.

Is Scott Pioli winning? No....
    Yep!
    Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    No, in the NFL "business", all that matters is making money. If they are a losing team but still make money then they will not care so much about winning. It's the sad truth. Money runs EVERYTHING!
    And again Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Sadly, most of the folks around here gave up after two games. Some after the preseason.

But I too would really like to see us get our s*** together and start winning ball games.

1-5, and as ugly as they have been is discouraging. BUt it is not over yet, and there is talent here that can beat the wholy horses*** out of a lot of teams.

I am not throwing in the towel yet.
    I have not, yet either.
    Since when did you become a homer?
    Truth comes out! He is a HOMER!

I don't care about Pioli as a person. The only reason he's being slandered is simple.

HE'S A TERRIBLE FREAKING GM WHO REFUSES TO ADMIT MISTAKES!

You want to keep your job here, Pioli? Get rid of Matt Cassel, dump your entire trash-filled DL, draft Geno Smith with the 1st picks, sign Bowe long-term, and try not to completely ignore obvious holes on the team. It's okay though, Scott, someone else will have to fix your mess.
    It was confirmed late last summer, that Bowe WAS offered a lucrative contract. He & his agent wouldn't sign it, which is why Pioli used the tag. It is no big secret that Bowe's heart is where his home is...Miami. It's his hometown, where his family & closest friends are. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the rumors circulating for the past 1 1/2 years are true...that Bowe wants traded to a team closer to his home. He spent the entire off season in Miami, as well, was in Miami during camp when he held out.

As the saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

Just like Carr. Pioli offered him a lucrative contract too. Carr stated that publicly many times. He said it wasn't about the money, it was about following his heart & making a childhood dream come true. He's been a diehard Cowboy fan since he was a kid, always dreamed of playing for his favorite team. He had an opportunity to make that dream a reality, so he did.

How in the hell can fans expect Pioli to compete with a guys childhood dream becoming a reality when that dream is based in Dallas as a Cowboy?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    It was confirmed late last summer, that Bowe WAS offered a lucrative contract. He & his agent wouldn't sign it, which is why Pioli used the tag. It is no big secret that Bowe's heart is where his home is...Miami. It's his hometown, where his family & closest friends are. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the rumors circulating for the past 1 1/2 years are true...that Bowe wants traded to a team closer to his home. He spent the entire off season in Miami, as well, was in Miami during camp when he held out.

As the saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

Just like Carr. Pioli offered him a lucrative contract too. Carr stated that publicly many times. He said it wasn't about the money, it was about following his heart & making a childhood dream come true. He's been a diehard Cowboy fan since he was a kid, always dreamed of playing for his favorite team. He had an opportunity to make that dream a reality, so he did.

How in the hell can fans expect Pioli to compete with a guys childhood dream becoming a reality when that dream is based in Dallas as a Cowboy?
    Then he should have had a better backup plan in place. I am sorry, but defending Pioli on his current record is kind of silly. Can he maybe turn it around and start making better decisions. One can hope, but his current record as Kansas City's GM is horrible. There is no denying it. Four years in and the team we are seeing on the field. Come on. I am a fan, but I am also realistic.

As far as Carr, hmm. I think maybe the 50M had more to do with it than that childhood dream. I am not saying the Chiefs should have offered that or more, but if they had, he is a Chief, not a Cowboy.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    i suspect Tanney's injury is a little exagerated just so we don't lose him
    I hope that is the case, but wouldn't he be better served on the practice squad. I think he is not allowed to Practice on IR.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234