Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Report: Dolphins a Potential Trade Partner for Bowe?

Default Report: Dolphins a Potential Trade Partner for Bowe?

Just saw this rumor that the Chiefs may be shopping Bowe to the Dolphins:

https://twitter.com/CourtneyNBC6/sta...70449175699456

Who knows how true it is. I really don't want to get rid of Bowe though.

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    I can't believe you people want our 2nd best offensive player traded!!!! Yeah its ok that we suck and will only get worse! Pfft, sad, sorry people!!
    As others have said, I don't think anyone wants him gone, but they are simply dealing with the FACT that he will be gone after either this season or next. If we are going to lose him to free agency anyway, then a lot of us feel it better to lose him for the rest of this messed-up season and at least get some sort of compensation for him.

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    I can't believe you people want our 2nd best offensive player traded!!!! Yeah its ok that we suck and will only get worse! Pfft, sad, sorry people!!
    I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you. As jap pointed out below the odds are more in the favor of Bowe leaving town after this season unless we tag him again. I have a question and some stats for you.

Did you really believe the "I want to be here." talk from Bowe at the beginning of the season? If so don't you think it's strange that 6 games in to the situation that he knew he was in (tagged and would be here no matter what) that now he can't stand the place and wants out?

Now I've got some stats for you. Bowe is our obvious #1 WR. But he's got 34 receptions on 66 targets. If I'm reading that right he's only caught the ball just over half the time. Granted I'll give it to you that the ball was probably over thrown, under thrown or just horribly placed but the bottom line is he hasn't caught the ball 32 times!

Baldwin has been targeted 23 times and and caught the ball 13. I'd say those are basically the same percentages. Bowe has 427 yards on 34 catches, Baldwin has 193 on 13. Almost three times as many catches but just over twice the yards. Not to mention that Bowe disappears in games.

Now don't get me wrong. I like Bowe, I think when he's on and concentrating he's one of the most dangerous WR's in the league. The problem is he isn't always on. I'm with Jap though, don't just let him walk away and get a comp pick. Deal him and get more for him. Plus comp picks take a year to receive so we won't get that end of the 3rd comp pick until the 2014 draft. We will probably get an end of the 3rd comp pick because we lost Carr last year and his contract was humongous. But Bowe leaving doesn't help us draft a QB or any other player this year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123