Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Report: Dolphins a Potential Trade Partner for Bowe?

Default Report: Dolphins a Potential Trade Partner for Bowe?

Just saw this rumor that the Chiefs may be shopping Bowe to the Dolphins:

https://twitter.com/CourtneyNBC6/sta...70449175699456

Who knows how true it is. I really don't want to get rid of Bowe though.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I agree. Guy sits out all camp wanting top dollar then gets out preformed by Dexter Mccluster twice in 6 games. Goes against a Tampa d that gives up over 300 yards a game passing and puts up a whopping 21 yards and gets out prefromed by the backup te. He's a great talent but just doesn't bring it every week I would rather have a slightly less talent that is going to bring it every week myself.
    He was outperformed by McCluster and our backup TE b/c Brady Quinn can't throw the ball to the outside of the field. Go back and watch the tape (I did). McCluster and Maneri frequently ran routes in the middle of the field, hence why they had better days than Bowe/Baldwin.

It's unfortunately not as simple as saying "OH THIS PLAYER DID WORSE THAN OUR BACKUP TE THEREFORE HE SUCKS." Pay attention to the offense, the plays they are calling, who Quinn's first read is (McCluster/Maneri in the middle of the field on several plays), and you'll get a better idea of why things played out the way they did and why certain players produced better than others (HINT: a lot of it had to do with who was under center).

And just to provide further backup of my assessment of the game film, ProFootballFocus had Quinn as the 3rd lowest rated quarterback last week (ahead of Fitzpatrick and Alex Smith).
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 10-17-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    He was outperformed by McCluster and our backup TE b/c Brady Quinn can't throw the ball to the outside of the field. Go back and watch the tape (I did). McCluster and Maneri frequently ran routes in the middle of the field, hence why they had better days than Bowe/Baldwin.

It's unfortunately not as simple as saying "OH THIS PLAYER DID WORSE THAN OUR BACKUP TE THEREFORE HE SUCKS." Pay attention to the offense, the plays they are calling, who Quinn's first read is (McCluster/Maneri in the middle of the field on several plays), and you'll get a better idea of why things played out the way they did and why certain players produced better than others (HINT: a lot of it had to do with who was under center).

And just to provide further backup of my assessment of the game film, ProFootballFocus had Quinn as the 3rd lowest rated quarterback last week (ahead of Fitzpatrick and Alex Smith).
    So then tell me why throws that were not perfect Tampa's Wrs MADE PLAYS. Mike Williams Outplayed Bowe Plain and simple. There throws were not perfect they still MADE PLAYS. 3 guys from Tampa doubled the production for our #1 WR you blame the qb I blame the guy who didn't show up for that.

Quinn might have been the 3rd lowest rated qb but it's hard to look great when your star WR puts up a grand total of 21 yards. That's what happened. Was Quinn a part of what happened why the offense struggled YES HE WAS just like Cassel has been. But That's no excuse for Bowe to come out and lay an egg like he did Sunday. I have no problem admiting that the QB play is a part of the problem you can't seem to admit that poor play from others hurt just as much at times. We have seen multiple QBs have the same issue. You can say it's because the qbs suck fine. But I for one won't discount the fact that the talent around them for the most part also hasn't lived up to there end of the deal. I won't discount the fact that maybe the talent around those QBs was just as big of a problem as the Qbs were at times . Sunday's game was case in point Josh Freeman wasn't throwing perfect balls either there guys made plays our didn't It's that simple. There's no excuse for Bowe to lay an egg. He did that on Sunday.

As for Quinn I would like to see him get anther go. He didn't look god awful and some of his problems might have been the rust factor. I don't think we can judge that he sucks based on 1 game in 3 years. I hope he gets anther start and looks MUCH better.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I personally don't think Bowes has had enough chances to make plays. The play calling and QB have a big part in his production.
    The first three games Bowe was targeted 15, 16, and 12 times. He averaged about 100 yards those games.
    The last two games he was targeted 8 and 9 times averaging about 40 yards.
    Any elite WR would not succeed on this team. (Not saying Bowe is elite).
    Let him move on like Tony G. did and let's get some draft picks. I agree.
    That's how bad this team is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    I personally don't think Bowes has had enough chances to make plays. The play calling and QB have a big part in his production.
    The first three games Bowe was targeted 15, 16, and 12 times. He averaged about 100 yards those games.
    The last two games he was targeted 8 and 9 times averaging about 40 yards.
    Any elite WR would not succeed on this team. (Not saying Bowe is elite).
    Let him move on like Tony G. did and let's get some draft picks. I agree.
    That's how bad this team is right now.
    While I do think Bowe is a part it I 100% agree with this.

The QB play hasn't been great that's hurt Bowe just like Bowe has hurt them at times. It goes both ways there.

The playcalling has been piss poor at best. We are so predictable at times my wife can tell you what we are going to do. And she knows nothing about football. That's been a good part of it. Sunday's game was a clear example of that. Brady might have just as well walked over to the Bucs defensive huddle and say hey guys this is the play we are going to run. Right now I think the playcalling and the gameplans are the biggest problem with the offense.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    While I do think Bowe is a part it I 100% agree with this.

The QB play hasn't been great that's hurt Bowe just like Bowe has hurt them at times. It goes both ways there.

The playcalling has been piss poor at best. We are so predictable at times my wife can tell you what we are going to do. And she knows nothing about football. That's been a good part of it. Sunday's game was a clear example of that. Brady might have just as well walked over to the Bucs defensive huddle and say hey guys this is the play we are going to run. Right now I think the playcalling and the lack of gameplans and any adjustments are the biggest problem with the offense.
    I added a bit to it

Well the Chiefs can't keep franchising this guy especially when we will need the franchise tag when Cassel's contract is up....

Man I hate rumors!!!!@@@@@

I can't believe you people want our 2nd best offensive player traded!!!! Yeah its ok that we suck and will only get worse! Pfft, sad, sorry people!!

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    I can't believe you people want our 2nd best offensive player traded!!!! Yeah its ok that we suck and will only get worse! Pfft, sad, sorry people!!
    In my defense, here is how I see it.
    1) I truly have believed for a season or two that he is going to be gone at the end of the season.

2) If he leaves, we are left with nothing but the compensatory pick.

3) the way our passing/offense has looked thus far, we are not able to utilize him to the best of his abilities. He has much more potential than we seem to be able to get out of him.

4) If we make some sort of trade, it will put the Chiefs in a better position to be more competitive in the future. Everyone wants us to draft a QB. If we want the good ones, we are going to want to be in the top 5, and if last years trend continues, it is going to be very expensive to do so.

Honestly, I like Bowe a lot. I don't want to trade him because he isn't good enough. And I don't want to trade him because I think the season is shot. I hate the suck for luck mentality or idea. I think Baldwin is basically the same type of receiver as Bowe if he was given a chance (i.e. a QB that can consistently get him the ball). Therefore I don't see a huge drop off for losing him. I want to trade him because it puts the Chiefs in a better position for the future.

My mentality comes down to if we are going to lose him at the end of the year, might as well get something for him. I was advocating a trade since we franchised him (and I believed we would have a good season this year). If we could work a deal that got us at least a 2nd round pick, I would be very happy with our position both this year and going into next.

That having been said, I doubt anyone would give up a 2nd for him unless it is a conditional pick like I laid out in an earlier post.

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    If it is true that he does not want to be a Chief see ya the hell later!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast