Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Report: Dolphins a Potential Trade Partner for Bowe?

Default Report: Dolphins a Potential Trade Partner for Bowe?

Just saw this rumor that the Chiefs may be shopping Bowe to the Dolphins:

https://twitter.com/CourtneyNBC6/sta...70449175699456

Who knows how true it is. I really don't want to get rid of Bowe though.

under a matt cassel offense this is a big mistake.

im split on how i feel about him as a wide receiver in general.

perhaps if we had a coaching staff that actually coached and challenged our players, someone could give him guidance and mentorship again and hold him accountable he can continue to develop into a serious weapon for any offense.

On the other hand, i do feel that many of bowe's amazing seasonal stats comes from the fact that cassel really has no other confidence in passing to. so im not sure if hes quite as good as he thinks he is or as much as the stats say.

Nevermind, just saw this. Sounds like a misunderstanding:

"Just to clarify something: I'm NOT reporting the KC and Miami are talki g trade over Bowe. Not yet, at least. Misunderstanding by someone"

Source: https://twitter.com/JasonColeYahoo/s...76933838135298

Quote Originally Posted by iratefan View Post
    under a matt cassel offense this is a big mistake.

im split on how i feel about him as a wide receiver in general.

perhaps if we had a coaching staff that actually coached and challenged our players, someone could give him guidance and mentorship again and hold him accountable he can continue to develop into a serious weapon for any offense.

On the other hand, i do feel that many of bowe's amazing seasonal stats comes from the fact that cassel really has no other confidence in passing to. so im not sure if hes quite as good as he thinks he is or as much as the stats say.
    We are rebuilding this year and will continue into next year, he is getting older. RB and WR have 10 years or so for a career then they are pretty much done. Right now he has high value if he goes to Miami and wins for them he will get a big contract. If he plays here he wont have that many yards or TD and will have a hard time negotiating. I like this as long as we get a 1st rounder or 2nd rounders. The article makes it seem like Miami wants him not that we want to give him away. It might be this years Carson Palmer trade

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Nevermind, just saw this. Sounds like a misunderstanding:

"Just to clarify something: I'm NOT reporting the KC and Miami are talki g trade over Bowe. Not yet, at least. Misunderstanding by someone"

Source: https://twitter.com/JasonColeYahoo/s...76933838135298
    That was quick

I wouldn't have a problem with this if the compensation was right.

I would be open to it. Bowe is a great talent put he just has games like last week where you find yourself wondering if he's on the field. If we can get anther high draft pick I would be open to it.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Ive been advocating for this since the preseason, and that was when I thought we were going to be a good team. Now that it looks like we are going to have a hard time competing for the division, let alone playoffs, Im all for getting more picks in the draft. Not that I dislike Bowe, but I dont think he is going to sign to be here long term, so get what you can out of him.

Miami and St. Louis were who I was thinking would be interested (not sure if I ever posted that, but take my word for it ;) ).

If we could get a 1st for him I would jump on that deal. I would take a 2nd given the fact that he basically has only 10 games left on the current contract and then he could hit free agency. I could see Miami pushing for this. They are tied for first in the AFC East with Buffalo and the Jets looking horrible. They may feel that their offense is missing a WR (which it is) and Bowe would put them in strong contention with New England.

It would be nice to have 2 1sts or 2 2nds next year.

According to profootballtalk, Bowe "badly wants out of KC." I say let him go. Apparently he is from Miami.

Here is a thought, what players (not just Miami, but other teams who need a WR) would you be willing to swap instead of draft picks?

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    According to profootballtalk, Bowe "badly wants out of KC." I say let him go. Apparently he is from Miami.

Here is a thought, what players (not just Miami, but other teams who need a WR) would you be willing to swap instead of draft picks?
    I agree. Guy sits out all camp wanting top dollar then gets out preformed by Dexter Mccluster twice in 6 games. Goes against a Tampa d that gives up over 300 yards a game passing and puts up a whopping 21 yards and gets out prefromed by the backup te. He's a great talent but just doesn't bring it every week I would rather have a slightly less talent that is going to bring it every week myself.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast