Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Touchdown, First Down, Check Down

Default Touchdown, First Down, Check Down

What happened to this philosophy the Daboll sold us when he came to town? We have the same garbage playcalling as when Muir was here. Is it that our receivers simply cannot get open since the first half of the Falcons game or has Romeos conservative approach been allowed to influence the OC?

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    What happened to this philosophy the Daboll sold us when he came to town? We have the same garbage playcalling as when Muir was here. Is it that our receivers simply cannot get open since the first half of the Falcons game or has Romeos conservative approach been allowed to influence the OC?
    My guess is the latter.

When you a having as many turnover.as we have in the passing game , (whoever you.blame) somebody is going to demand.that you become conservative.

Why is he here in the first place? Al Saunders interviewed for that job, and he was proven. Daboll proved he was as bad and Romeo in Cleveland, and they're both here now. It's nuts!

If that is the case it seems like there is way too much micromanagement from the top down. It makes it tough for me to blame the OC if the HC is not allowing him to call his own game. Might as well bring Haley back at least he got mad when we lost instead of what we get from RAC.

If that is the case it seems like there is way too much micromanagement from the top down. It makes it tough for me to blame the OC if the HC is not allowing him to call his own game. Might as well bring Haley back at least he got mad when we lost instead of what we get from RAC.
    I so agree. I can't stand to watch his after the game press conference. It's like he just lost a game of Madden. The guy has no freak'n emotion or passion what so ever!

The only thing that will change it is winning the turnover battles, I think.

If we are giving away the football so much, while passing so in frequently, there is usurp.no way you can opt for more passing plays, and for more risky, upfield plays.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The only thing that will change it is winning the turnover battles, I think.

If we are giving away the football so much, while passing so in frequently, there is usurp.no way you can opt for more passing plays, and for more risky, upfield plays.
    It all interweaves and the way they are treating this they have no way out though. We don't take more than a handful of shots deep, there is no reason for the D to play us that way and the medium routes are clogged up way too much. Some people will blame Cassel for that but I don't think his arm strength is the reason, he can fling it decent given the chance.

It looks like they are causing a lot of their own misery to me. Quinn's INTs were kinda flukey as have been a good amount of Matt's but there is going to be growing pains with becoming the attacking offense we were sold. I'd live with the INTs as long as the TD number is going up, in time you will see those stats flip one another if you give these guys time to learn how to do that.

His playcalling is bland and one dimensional. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Why is he here in the first place? Al Saunders interviewed for that job, and he was proven. Daboll proved he was as bad and Romeo in Cleveland, and they're both here now. It's nuts!
    Yet another good question. Saunders would've put this talent to use. He would've turned Hillis into a monster fullback, turned McCluster back into a kick returner, and Breaston would be back to catching passes in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Is this true? Saunders put in for this job and they took Daboll??????? I had thought Al was a bit mad at this franchise when they passed him over for Herm. I dare say that Al has a much more extensive, productive, just freaking better play book than Daboll!!!! You're right- It's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Yet another good question. Saunders would've put this talent to use. He would've turned Hillis into a monster fullback, turned McCluster back into a kick returner, and Breaston would be back to catching passes in the middle.
    Not to mention what he could do with Charles!! Charles is not as stout as Priest was but could you imagine Al with this talent???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast