Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What 4 Bowe?

Default What 4 Bowe?

If you were trading Bowe what would you want for him???

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Yes, and that only applies as if Miami accepts that they are going to also have to Franchise or pay Bowe a considerable amount of money. We seem to overlook that point pretty easily. Miami I doubt will take Bowe unless they feel that a contract is approved and ready to be signed at the end of the season, or they too are going to be willing to Franchise.

I am not familiar with Miami's situation, but they may already have a player they are going to have to franchise and whatever they would do to get Bowe in there would have to be done before the trade was done.

That kind of uncertainty in giving up a 2nd round pick for a player that is potentially a free agent and may walk at the end of the season is just not going to happen, no matter how good that player is.
    Miami has 1st round, 2 2nd round, and 2 3rd round picks so I think they might be interested. Throw in they are tied for division lead and their star WR was traded for a replacement that ended up not working out. I think they didnt really want a WR but knowing they are in the run for the playoffs and none of their WR's have shown up I dont think it is a stretch. The legit trade to me would be a 3rd rounder or 2nd(conditional) which is more than what we would get because I am pretty sure the supplement picks are at the end of the round.

Quote Originally Posted by LargoChief View Post
    Doobs.....great pic! I wanna go to the beach!
    I found out her name yesterday...and now i forgot, but when i first used this picture....It was a rumor this was Tebow's girlfriend during his junior or senior year at UF

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    If we do lose bowe do we get a compensatory pick like we will this year for brandon carr.....
    We'd get a comp pick in 2014. There's a big huge complicated formula that the NFL doesn't release to determine comp picks. Everyone I talk to pretty much assumes we'll get a 3rd this year because Carr and several others left last year.

The comp pick has several factors that go into it. Part of it is players who's contracts are up that leave to other teams. If they're released by the team and picked up it doesn't count (so Winston, Routt and Hillis don't count). Carr, McClain and Battle do.

I'm unsure if a player is franchised if that means more but when Bowe leaves he'll easily get an $80 - $100 million contract which will offset almost anything we do in free agency. So we'll probably get a 3rd in 2014 too.

Is there a better "source" for this Bowe wants out of KC other than a tweet from some journalist from Florida?

The question I have with Bowe, is do we want to Franchise him again and possibly let Brandon Albert go or Franchise Albert.

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaNinja View Post
    Miami has 1st round, 2 2nd round, and 2 3rd round picks so I think they might be interested. Throw in they are tied for division lead and their star WR was traded for a replacement that ended up not working out. I think they didnt really want a WR but knowing they are in the run for the playoffs and none of their WR's have shown up I dont think it is a stretch. The legit trade to me would be a 3rd rounder or 2nd(conditional) which is more than what we would get because I am pretty sure the supplement picks are at the end of the round.
    I agree the only way a trade will happen is if it is a conditional trade that is a 3rd rounder that becomes a 2nd if he gets certain stats.

Sorry to bring this back to life. But Tuesday is the deadline. Here is Bill Williamson's take on trading Bowe. I dont think we would get as much as he is saying we will get.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...de-dwayne-bowe
    Last edited by jap1; 10-28-2012 at 04:29 AM.

Woudnt be happy with anything less than a 2nd rounder.

doobs avatar is of Erin Drewes.
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    doobs avatar is of Erin Drewes.
    Oh that tim tebow.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast