Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who would be your new GM

Default Who would be your new GM

Who Should Be The Next GM Of The Kansas City Chiefs? - Arrowhead Addict - A Kansas City Chiefs Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more
    BESIDES Marty who sticks out to you. I dont really keep up with GM names but most of them tend to be a high level guy and gotta say he seems more realistic than Marty coming back.

IMO the problem always start with coaching. Romeo would be a player's choice any day of the week, but he has proven his team will only "Show up" whenever they feel like it. That was a wrong move for Pioli as he needed someone with a proven track record as a head coach somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Fans are judging Pioli by a QB issue only, they're not seeing the improvements he's made overall to the team & franchise from a business perspective. A GM's role is complex, much more complex than what fans see on the field only.
    That's pure absolute BULLSH!T !! Fans are NOT judging him only by the QB. They ARE looking at the bigger picture.

Where are the impact players from his 1st round choices? There are NONE !! The only impact players from his 4 entire drafts are LB Justin Houston & K Ryan Succop -- THAT'S IT !! That isn't good enough.

The Chiefs are right back to where they were in 2008 after 4 years of Pioli & if you take away the players that were drafted by Carl/Herm/Vermeil from this 2012 squad, then this years squad is even worse than the 2008 squad. He has NOT improved the team -- the results on the field don't lie.

Everybody is fully aware that being a GM is a complex job -- what's being said is he isn't up to the task. He has no credentials for the job other than he married Bill Parcell's daughter.

Pioli has done nothing except embarrass the Chiefs franchise.

I've talked to several former Chiefs players recently about the current issues. They all feel our roster talent has us close, though some do agree we need to improve our QB position. Some feel that will be taken care of when the opportunity is FEASIBLE, which it's not been. We didn't stand a chance in hell of drafting Luck or RGIII. Skins gave up 5 picks to trade up, including 3 or 4 First Round picks...that's one hell of a risk on a QB unproven in the NFL. A rookie with a history of previous injury, also, that caused him to miss an entire season, his junior year, I believe it was.
    You've already had it pointed out to you that the Chiefs had the feasible opportunity to draft Andy Dalton. What part of that didn't you get?

It takes an average of 3-5 years for a new GM to have success after re-building, and 5 yrs. is the greater average. Pioli is only in his 4th year, which isn't complete.
    That's a total crock of BS. Look at Seattle with John Schneider, look at Chicago's improvement this year with their change of GM's, look at SF with their change of GM's in 2011, look at the Chiefs when Carl Peterson came on board in 1989 -- they were in the playoffs in 1990.

In each case, changes were needed at GM....just like the Chiefs now....and the results speak for themselves.

Piloi isn't a GM...he's a politician.

We realistically have not had any feasible opportunities to draft or sign a FA QB proven better than Cassel since 2009. At best, they were equivalent. Manning wasn't a solution, he was a one season fix, and he's had inconsistent games in Denver. He's 37 yrs. old, bad knees & neck, facing a 5th neck surgery to remove bone spurs by his own admission.
    Manning can still play QB better than any QB on the Chiefs roster & if can play 2-3 years for you while you draft & groom his successor, then he's worth having. This is precisely what Denver is doing & I'm willing to bet they will benefit long-term from this more than people may think. Common sense ought to tell you that.

It took Bill Cowher 13 seasons with the Steelers before he won his one Super Bowl. Wouldn't it be a shame if we were close as many pro analysts believe, with the most talented young roster in the NFL...& we fired the man who brought us that close. Pioli re-signed key FA's, like Hali, DJ, Flowers, Charles...retaining roster talent & bringing in young new talent. Starting over again at this critical point in time is not a solution.
    Cowher is not a good example at all. The Steelers became playoff contenders right away when Cowher took over & stayed that way for most of his years with Pitt.

The Chiefs in 2012 are right back to where they were in 2009 when Pioli took over. Their O-Lines and D-Lines aren't very good....period. Three years in a row, Pioli has passed on good O-Line prospects (Okung, Carimi, DeCastro ) that would've made a bigger impact on this team than the players that he did draft ( Berry, Baldwin, Poe ).....that is a fact, not an opinion.

As I said before, if you take away the players that were drafted by Carl/Herm/Vermeil from this team, then the talent ISN'T there.

It's been proven that teams which have changed staff every few years (less than 5)...fail more than succeed. Change isn't always a good thing, it's been shown that frequent change can stunt or hinder a teams success.
    See above examples with SEA, CHI, SF, and 1989 Chiefs that prove your statement to be BS.

Consistency on staff & roster are a important factor with long term consistency as contenders.
    Where are you getting the impression that this has been the case, since Pioli has become GM in 2009?

The fact is, it's been the exact opposite & anyone looking at the Chiefs from a diplomatic perspective can easily see that.

An impatient fan base cuts off it's nose to spite it's face some times.
    "Why does thou behold the mote in thy brothers eye and fail to see the beam in thine own eye. Thou hypocrite, first cast the beam out of thine own eye that thou may see clearly the mote in thy brother's eye"

Get what I'm saying? It's already been established that you're being sentimental towards Pioli because you met him and you took a photo with him & now you want to tell others that want him gone that they're cutting off their nose in spite of their face?

Sorry, but a blind man with a cane can see through that one. The fans that want him gone are simply looking at things with diplomacy and are not letting sentiment get in the way of their judgement....that's the difference. As I said before they are quite correct to hold him accountable for what he's done and what he's failed to do.

Pioli isn't responsible for years of losing...he only came here in 2009, not 1999.
    You are going way out of context with this one to try to defend him. What Pioli is being held accountable for, is the fact that there has been no progress since his arrival regarding the Chiefs ability to contend with the NFL's top teams. They can't even compete with the league's average to mediocre teams right now and are the laughing stock of the NFL....that's not progress, that's regression.

Only thing I'd argue against is that Denver will have a reliable back up when Peyton does hang it up. Looking at his backups track record with Sorgi, Painter and Orvlovsky a pattern is shown where Manning is not a real good mentor.

I understand its a different organization but Manning being such a "me" guy with his teams preparation I wonder how they will transition.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Only thing I'd argue against is that Denver will have a reliable back up when Peyton does hang it up. Looking at his backups track record with Sorgi, Painter and Orvlovsky a pattern is shown where Manning is not a real good mentor.

I understand its a different organization but Manning being such a "me" guy with his teams preparation I wonder how they will transition.
    You are right. We'll have to see how Osweiler pans out. But he does, at least, appear to be a better prospect to take over the reins than Sorgi, Painter and Orvlovsky were in Indy.

I'm sorry Connie but Quinn beaver ever should have been ramen before rd 4-5. I hate his smug ars!@ I loved watching him sit in the green room getting passed up on.

Lets not forget we had a GM in the wings here in Emery and we let him go to Chicago.

If Quinn doesnt win us many games and we end up 4 wins or under I think he will go. If Quinn brings the team back (a little late now) we might win a few more... enough for GM and HC to keep their job another year, us out of getting a QB... then another year of backup QB plays :(

Bill Polian. I heard him on ESPN today about trades he would make around the NFL and the guy knows what he's talking about. I was impressed.

If we have enough losses to draft geno/barkley without trading up imo he will be fired.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123