Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would be your new GM

Default Who would be your new GM

Who Should Be The Next GM Of The Kansas City Chiefs? - Arrowhead Addict - A Kansas City Chiefs Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more
    BESIDES Marty who sticks out to you. I dont really keep up with GM names but most of them tend to be a high level guy and gotta say he seems more realistic than Marty coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    My only problem with Pioli is his handling of our HC position.

I was not Todd Haley's biggest supporter, but he had earned the job.through last season, and into.this one. Plus, Pioli seemed to be interfering with Haley's offense, which.seems to.have been the problem between him and Haley.

And then there is the current situation, which is a direct result of that issue, aside from being his decision.

I like the talent on this team, for the most part. So I see plenty of value.in Pioli as a GM. He just needs to get the coaching situation under control.
    I agree 100%

Pioli has added a lot of talent to this team but hasn't got the coaching part right. That's a big part of it. Coaching is the biggest problem with this team right now. We see the team play well against a really good Ravens team then get it handed to them by the Bucs. The Talent is there the Coaching is not right now
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Marty would be intresting to me. I would support that.

PIOLI!!! I want him to have a fair opportunity to finish what he began. I for one, believe he is the best GM available to build a long term contender in KC. I don't want short term patches, a one season hit wonder...I want a dynasty!

Fans are judging Pioli by a QB issue only, they're not seeing the improvements he's made overall to the team & franchise from a business perspective. A GM's role is complex, much more complex than what fans see on the field only.

I've talked to several former Chiefs players recently about the current issues. They all feel our roster talent has us close, though some do agree we need to improve our QB position. Some feel that will be taken care of when the opportunity is FEASIBLE, which it's not been. We didn't stand a chance in hell of drafting Luck or RGIII. Skins gave up 5 picks to trade up, including 3 or 4 First Round picks...that's one hell of a risk on a QB unproven in the NFL. A rookie with a history of previous injury, also, that caused him to miss an entire season, his junior year, I believe it was.

It takes an average of 3-5 years for a new GM to have success after re-building, and 5 yrs. is the greater average. Pioli is only in his 4th year, which isn't complete. We realistically have not had any feasible opportunities to draft or sign a FA QB proven better than Cassel since 2009. At best, they were equivalent. Manning wasn't a solution, he was a one season fix, and he's had inconsistent games in Denver. He's 37 yrs. old, bad knees & neck, facing a 5th neck surgery to remove bone spurs by his own admission.

It took Bill Cowher 13 seasons with the Steelers before he won his one Super Bowl. Wouldn't it be a shame if we were close as many pro analysts believe, with the most talented young roster in the NFL...& we fired the man who brought us that close. Pioli re-signed key FA's, like Hali, DJ, Flowers, Charles...retaining roster talent & bringing in young new talent. Starting over again at this critical point in time is not a solution.

It's been proven that teams which have changed staff every few years (less than 5)...fail more than succeed. Change isn't always a good thing, it's been shown that frequent change can stunt or hinder a teams success. Consistency on staff & roster are a important factor with long term consistency as contenders. An impatient fan base cuts off it's nose to spite it's face some times.

Pioli isn't responsible for years of losing...he only came here in 2009, not 1999.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Additional thoughts; A rookie QB takes an average of 3-5 years to evolve before his full potential can be judged as bust or success in the NFL. It took Peyton Manning 7 years after he was drafted in 1998 before he won his first playoff game...SEVEN YEARS! Yes, there are exceptions, such as Tom Brady, but not every QB drafted has that quick playoff success.

Brady Quinn; fans want a first round pick, well...he is one! He could be a diamond in the rough, since many pro analysts feel he's not had a fair opportunity since being drafted as a first round pick. No one succeeds in Cleveland. Elway wanted to jump on the Tebow love fest of media attention, which was VERY beneficial public relations & fan relations. Tebow wasn't better than Quinn, but he benefited Elway on the business side of the game more than Brady would've, so that's who Elway chose to start. He knew it was only for a year, then he'd dump Tebow. Truth be told, the rumors are probably true that Elway & Manning began talking behind closed doors months before it was made public Manning would leave the Colts. They're good friends, & have been for a while. Mannings closest personal friend lives in Denver too, Brandon Stokley, who Elway signed with Manning.

The biggest problem with Quinn will be our impatient fan base. According to NFL QB research I've done...it takes a QB an average of 36 starts to work out the kinks through trial & error. Our fan base as it is today...will be calling for Quinn's head after one bad game. Their impatience & frustration built up from years of no playoff wins...will be taken out on Brady before he's given a fair amount of time to show whether or not he's a first round diamond. Fair amount of time to evolve...36 starts. Some don't take that long, but most do.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 10-20-2012 at 11:27 PM.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    PIOLI!!! I want him to have a fair opportunity to finish what he began. I for one, believe he is the best GM available to build a long term contender in KC. I don't want short term patches, a one season hit wonder...I want a dynasty!
    Keep dreaming. Not going to happen. He has no integrity whatsoever. This article is all the proof anyone needs:

Chiefs GM Pioli: ‘We all need to do our jobs better, starting with me’ - KansasCity.com

So is this audio segment of Jason Whitlock and Kent Babb:

Real Talk with Jason Whitlock, On Demand - Fox Sports Radio

I'm going to put it to you bluntly because I'm not a man to pull punches, but you're starting to sound like if Pioli ever comes to a sudden halt, your face is going to go halfway up his A$$.

wooohoo first post from my new transformer infinity with keyboard dock....no more crappy spelling for me boys and girls..

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    wooohoo first post from my new transformer infinity with keyboard dock....no more crappy spelling for me boys and girls..
    Well it's about time. Board management will soon convene to discuss the possibility of re-instating your membership in good standing. j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post

Fans are judging Pioli by a QB issue only, they're not seeing the improvements he's made overall to the team & franchise from a business perspective. A GM's role is complex, much more complex than what fans see on the field only.

I've talked to several former Chiefs players recently about the current issues. They all feel our roster talent has us close, though some do agree we need to improve our QB position. Some feel that will be taken care of when the opportunity is FEASIBLE, which it's not been. We didn't stand a chance in hell of drafting Luck or RGIII. Skins gave up 5 picks to trade up, including 3 or 4 First Round picks...that's one hell of a risk on a QB unproven in the NFL. A rookie with a history of previous injury, also, that caused him to miss an entire season, his junior year, I believe it was.

It takes an average of 3-5 years for a new GM to have success after re-building, and 5 yrs. is the greater average. Pioli is only in his 4th year, which isn't complete. We realistically have not had any feasible opportunities to draft or sign a FA QB proven better than Cassel since 2009. At best, they were equivalent. Manning wasn't a solution, he was a one season fix, and he's had inconsistent games in Denver. He's 37 yrs. old, bad knees & neck, facing a 5th neck surgery to remove bone spurs by his own admission.

It took Bill Cowher 13 seasons with the Steelers before he won his one Super Bowl. Wouldn't it be a shame if we were close as many pro analysts believe, with the most talented young roster in the NFL...& we fired the man who brought us that close. Pioli re-signed key FA's, like Hali, DJ, Flowers, Charles...retaining roster talent & bringing in young new talent. Starting over again at this critical point in time is not a solution.

It's been proven that teams which have changed staff every few years (less than 5)...fail more than succeed. Change isn't always a good thing, it's been shown that frequent change can stunt or hinder a teams success. Consistency on staff & roster are a important factor with long term consistency as contenders. An impatient fan base cuts off it's nose to spite it's face some times.

Pioli isn't responsible for years of losing...he only came here in 2009, not 1999.
    Well here we are in year 4. 1 playoff game, 0 wins, and now were getting blown out by mediocre teams. Currently we ARE a losing dynasty under Pioli. We haven't shown that our team is full of young talent. We've looked horrible for the last 2 seasons, and doesn't look like things are close to getting better. IF Pioli stays he should have to get rid of the coaching staff AGAIN. He is def not a good evaluator of coaches.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Keep dreaming. Not going to happen. He has no integrity whatsoever. This article is all the proof anyone needs:

Chiefs GM Pioli: ‘We all need to do our jobs better, starting with me’ - KansasCity.com

So is this audio segment of Jason Whitlock and Kent Babb:

Real Talk with Jason Whitlock, On Demand - Fox Sports Radio

I'm going to put it to you bluntly because I'm not a man to pull punches, but you're starting to sound like if Pioli ever comes to a sudden halt, your face is going to go halfway up his A$$.
    I don't no how you judge integrity but I see nothing in that first interview that says he has no integrity. He says time and time again it starts at his desk. Which is the truth it does start with him.

As for the 2nd one Didn't really listen to it. I have a real dislike for Jason Whitlock. The guy thinks Herm Edwards is a good head coach I rest my case.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I don't no how you judge integrity but I see nothing in that first interview that says he has no integrity. He says time and time again it starts at his desk. Which is the truth it does start with him.

As for the 2nd one Didn't really listen to it. I have a real dislike for Jason Whitlock. The guy thinks Herm Edwards is a good head coach I rest my case.
    Matthew in fairness that Twitlock / Babb link is 90% Kent giving his views. It's worth a listen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast