Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shall we get this week started?

Default Shall we get this week started?

Raiders @ Chiefs.....................both teams are horrible but you always want to beat a division rival.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    When was the last time we beat Oak at home, did we do it 3 years ago?

Have lost 5 straight at home to Oakland. So six years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Isawa_mo View Post
    Have lost 5 straight at home to Oakland. So six years ago...
    The Raiders will be hard pressed to make it 6 straight wins in KC. The Raiders are a mess, the O is a disaster OC Knapp has made DMC unefective and the passing game is hit and miss. I would not be shocked to see KC go up early big in this game. It's a rivalry game that has been beating you in your own home for 5 straight years, plus KC is coming off a bye and has had two weeks to prepare. KC should be favored.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

We are so bad and in such disarray that it's sincerely hard to say with conviction that we can win this game. We are so far away from being a playoff contender that I guess these are the games in which we hang our offseason hat. Such is life as a chiefs fan...

"Well we went 3-13 but at least we beat the Raiders"

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    We are so bad and in such disarray that it's sincerely hard to say with conviction that we can win this game. We are so far away from being a playoff contender that I guess these are the games in which we hang our offseason hat. Such is life as a chiefs fan...

"Well we went 3-13 but at least we beat the Raiders"
    I want them to beat the Broncos and Raiders... I will even give up a Chargers win.

It's not inconceivable that the game could end in a tie; being a game that neither team would show little ability to actually win.

Raiders 10 KC 13 ------ZERO sarcasm

(Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Raiders 10 KC 13 ------ZERO sarcasm
    That score could just as easily be reversed ------ZERO sarcasm as well.

Of course we'll be rooting for our respective teams but when our teams have performed as badly as ours with not much really to play for except pride it does tend to take away from the rivalry IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    That score could just as easily be reversed ------ZERO sarcasm as well.

Of course we'll be rooting for our respective teams but when our teams have performed as badly as ours with not much really to play for except pride it does tend to take away from the rivalry IMO.
    There you go assuming we'll score a TD.

I could see it being Raiders 13, KC 9. Again zero sarcasm. We haven't scored an offensive TD in two games, put up 200+ yards rushing on Baltimore, faced one of the worst passing D's in Tampa Bay and STILL couldn't get a TD.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    There you go assuming we'll score a TD.

I could see it being Raiders 13, KC 9. Again zero sarcasm. We haven't scored an offensive TD in two games, put up 200+ yards rushing on Baltimore, faced one of the worst passing D's in Tampa Bay and STILL couldn't get a TD.
    I was being optimistic, and furthermore "I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit for political purposes my opponents youth and inexperience."...Sorry I had a Reagan moment.

The Raiders D has shown some signs of life and tighten things up...though the DB's are still very suspect. But Knapp has SUCKED the life out of the Raiders O. Knapp runs the O like someone trying to learn how drive a stick shift for the first time. It stutters and stops....get 's going for a bit...then stutters and stops again. It's frustrating to watch.

(Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast