Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quinn to start versus Oakland

Default Quinn to start versus Oakland

Adam Teicher is reporting that Quinn will start this week versus Oakland...Talk about a lose/lose situation (meaning, doesn't matter who was announced as starter).

Source: https://twitter.com/adamteicher/stat...36965827149824

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    You want to lose to take a gamble on a rookie QB instead of hoping that Maybe that Brady can be a good qb for us and we can address other needs? Like CB?
    As stated here Quinn won't do a thing just stating the obvious...but I said now is his chance let's see...I am a Notre Dame fan (at least one of my football teams does not blow) so I would love to see him succeed!

Don't you find it interesting that the only QB in the Cassel era that could challenge him for the starting spot was Orten, and they dumped him as quick as they could in the off season. Palko was the back up last year, the CFL reject. Now it's Quinn, who I hope really shines. But I don't think they ever expected him to, they didn't seem to want to push Cassel out of the top spot. Just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Don't you find it interesting that the only QB in the Cassel era that could challenge him for the starting spot was Orten, and they dumped him as quick as they could in the off season. Palko was the back up last year, the CFL reject. Now it's Quinn, who I hope really shines. But I don't think they ever expected him to, they didn't seem to want to push Cassel out of the top spot. Just weird.
    when have the CHIEFS ever had a back up push the starter out of a job. Rich gannon would have been the closest but in the end he lost out.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    when have the CHIEFS ever had a back up push the starter out of a job. Rich gannon would have been the closest but in the end he lost out.
    Hard to argue with.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    Doesn't really apply in this case. We got a backup pushing a backup out of a job.
    SHUT IT

How long before stanzi or cassel get the start again.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Palko wasn't even a CFL reject, never played, only was on a teams practice roster for a couple of weeks of playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    Palko wasn't even a CFL reject, never played, only was on a teams practice roster for a couple of weeks of playoffs
    Pioli is always looking for the next Brady or Warner... instead of a Dalton or RG3.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Doesn't really apply in this case. We got a backup pushing a backup out of a job.

no, the backup [quinn] is not pushing the starter out of a job, cassel got hurt and his playing so bad that quinn is being put in by default. he is not winning the job he just happened to be the #2 and therefore is getting a shot to make things better. when a backup has performed well or has high expectations along with the starter struggling that is when he pushes the starter out. in this case quinn has neither performed well nor was expected to.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Let's just bring Thiggy back....if i recall, he could throw deep

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast