Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Quinn to start versus Oakland

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,961
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 22

    Default Quinn to start versus Oakland


    0 Not allowed!
    Adam Teicher is reporting that Quinn will start this week versus Oakland...Talk about a lose/lose situation (meaning, doesn't matter who was announced as starter).

    Source: https://twitter.com/adamteicher/stat...36965827149824
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,164
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 476
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    We're talking about Brady Quinn...He can't throw a pass 10 yards down the field. His career yards per attempt is 5.4.
    Once again you just look at the blind numbers. He had 1 start with us and the rest with Cleveland name me the last time Cleveland was any good? Give the guy a chance
    ​BAN ROY


  3. #12
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    302
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 6

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Well he has got it now...but in the end the Chiefs will be drafting a QB...at this point hopefully they finish low enough to get the QB they want and they don't have to give picks away to get it...the season is over I hope they don't win enough games to have to trade up.

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,164
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 476
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Dog View Post
    Well he has got it now...but in the end the Chiefs will be drafting a QB...at this point hopefully they finish low enough to get the QB they want and they don't have to give picks away to get it...the season is over I hope they don't win enough games to have to trade up.
    You want to lose to take a gamble on a rookie QB instead of hoping that Maybe that Brady can be a good qb for us and we can address other needs? Like CB?
    ​BAN ROY


  5. #14
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,961
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Once again you just look at the blind numbers. He had 1 start with us and the rest with Cleveland name me the last time Cleveland was any good? Give the guy a chance
    Yet KC has decided to take all of their rejects. (RAC, Hillis, Crennel, Daboll, Quinn)

    Once again you just look like a homer. Watch the guy play, evaluate his play, not just "hope" he pulls a rabbit out of a hat and does a disappearing act that makes him turn into Drew Brees. It's easy to see (like it was with Palko last year) that he has no future as a starting QB.

    Brady Quinn has been in the league for 5 years. He has been a backup quarterback to Derek Anderson, Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow, and now Matt Cassel. I look at things and evaluate them based on what I see, not what I hope them to be. In other words, I'm a realist.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 10-22-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,164
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 476
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Yet KC has decided to take all of their rejects. (RAC, Hillis, Crennel, Daboll, Quinn)

    Once again you just look like a homer. Watch the guy play, evalutate his play, not just "hope" he pulls a rabbit out of a hat and does a disappearing act that makes him turn into Drew Brees.
    Ummm RAC and Crennel are the same person and he's more from the Pats then the Browns

    So saying give a guy a chance is just being a homer now. I will watch how he plays. If he sucks I will have no problem saying so. Can you give the guy a fair shot? I'm not saying he's going to be good or great but I don't think it's impossible for that to happen. This will be his best shot that he has had so far. All I am saying is GIVE THE GUY A SHOT.
    ​BAN ROY


  7. #16
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,961
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Ummm RAC and Crennel are the same person and he's more from the Pats then the Browns

    So saying give a guy a chance is just being a homer now. I will watch how he plays. If he sucks I will have no problem saying so. Can you give the guy a fair shot? I'm not saying he's going to be good or great but I don't think it's impossible for that to happen. This will be his best shot that he has had so far. All I am saying is GIVE THE GUY A SHOT.
    Yeah, RAC and Crennel...whoops.

    I gave him a shot against the 31st ranked Bucs pass D that has given up 8.5 ypa and allowed opposing quarterbacks to complete 66% of their passes. And that's with Quinn's terrible stats factored in.

    He was 22/38 (57.9%), 180 yards (4.74 ypa), and threw 2 picks (which were partially the wide receivers fault, but still poor passes).
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,164
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 476
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Yeah, RAC and Crennel...whoops.

    I gave him a shot against the 31st ranked Bucs pass D that has given up 8.5 ypa and allowed opposing quarterbacks to complete 66% of their passes. And that's with Quinn's terrible stats factored in.

    He was 22/38 (57.9%), 180 yards (4.74 ypa), and threw 2 picks (which were partially the wide receivers fault, but still poor passes).
    Quinn was making his first start in 3 years. There was bound to be some rust. Also his Number 1 WR seemed to take the day off only gaining 21 yards against that 31st ranked Bucs D. You can blame the QB if you want but to brush off poor play from Bowe and the other WRs and put it on the QB is not being a "realist" They had a part in that as well. Look at the plays the Bucs WRs did in that game. And look at what ours did. It's no contest there guys played harder. The piss poor gameplan on offense was also a factor. The run wasn't working at all we kept the run run pass punt for to long in that game. All those are factors that go into it.

    I would love to say that if we just get a better QB all the problems would be solved. I would love to. But that's not the truth. A new QB won't help the defense on days they don't decide to show up. A new QB won't play CB. A new QB won't solve everything but if it's the right Qb it will no doubt be a help. I doubt that Brady Quinn's that guy but I will give him more then 1 start in 3 plus years to see.


    Yes Quinn has been a backup to some lackluster Qbs but that doesn't mean he can't be good. You might remember a guy that use to play in KC named Rich Gannon. He was once a backup in Kc to Steve Bono and Elvis Grbac but he went on to be a NFL MVP. It's not likely for Quinn to do that same but It's possible. Lets just see what happens
    ​BAN ROY


  9. #18
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,961
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Quinn was making his first start in 3 years. There was bound to be some rust. Also his Number 1 WR seemed to take the day off only gaining 21 yards against that 31st ranked Bucs D. You can blame the QB if you want but to brush off poor play from Bowe and the other WRs and put it on the QB is not being a "realist" They had a part in that as well. Look at the plays the Bucs WRs did in that game. And look at what ours did. It's no contest there guys played harder. The piss poor gameplan on offense was also a factor. The run wasn't working at all we kept the run run pass punt for to long in that game. All those are factors that go into it.
    This again? Turn on the tape from the Bucs game. Quinn barely even looked down the field to the wide receivers. And when he did, he threw lame duck balls that were inaccurate. We've had this conversation before, Matt. Your logic does not compute.

    Why did the Bucs wide receivers do well? Freeman threw the ball down the field.

    Don't believe me? Here's Quinn's throw chart for the season. You can notice two things:

    1.) He never throws the ball >10 yards down the field unless it's to the middle (hello Steve Maneri). He doesn't have the arm strength to throw it 10 yards down the outside of the field.
    2.) His QB rating on throws 0-9 yards is still not good (as evidenced by several inaccurate short throws in the Bucs game).



    Stop blaming the wide receivers for problems that stem from the quarterback. It's not that simple, Matt.

    Just for reference, have a look at Freeman's chart this year. Do you not see a remarkable improvement in throws >10 yards?

    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,164
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 476
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    This again? Turn on the tape from the Bucs game. Quinn barely even looked down the field to the wide receivers. And when he did, he threw lame duck balls that were inaccurate. We've had this conversation before, Matt. Your logic does not compute.

    Why did the Bucs wide receivers do well? Freeman threw the ball down the field.

    Don't believe me? Here's Quinn's throw chart for the season. You can notice two things:

    1.) He never throws the ball >10 yards down the field unless it's to the middle (hello Steve Maneri). He doesn't have the arm strength to throw it 10 yards down the outside of the field.
    2.) His QB rating on throws 0-9 yards is still not good (as evidenced by several inaccurate short throws in the Bucs game).



    Stop blaming the wide receivers for problems that stem from the quarterback. It's not that simple, Matt.

    Just for reference, have a look at Freeman's chart this year. Do you not see a remarkable improvement in throws >10 yards?

    So it's not that simple to say that the Wrs Are PART of the problem but it's so simple to say it's all the QB???????????????????????????????????????????????

    Brady Quinn was PART of the problem I can admit that why can't you admit the WR play wasn't up to part on that day? The whole offense sucked against Tampa that's EVERYONE including the QB. But it's also the wrs rbs, O line, OC (see where I talked about the piss poor gameplan) And again there was bound to be some rust for Brady. You take a 3 year break from doing your job and come back I bet you will have to shake off a bit of Rust.

    You're right the NFL is not simple. Don't try to make it out to be by putting it all on the QB. It's just not that simple.
    ​BAN ROY


  11. #20
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,502
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'd be more excited if we kept Cassel and got a new OC.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. If Quinn cant start....
    By LlamaNinja in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 10:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •