Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Is This Game A 4:05 Start?

Hybrid View

Default Why Is This Game A 4:05 Start?

When west coast teams are forced to start at what is to them a 10am start time this is a big advantage to the home team that the west coast team has had to travel to. I was very surprised to see the start time for this weeks against the raiders was not a 10am start. When the Bolts went to KC in week four the start time was 10am, now when the Bolts go to Cleveland this week thier game starts at 10am who chooses the start time? Is it the league or the networks? it is certainly not the hosting teams desiscion to start at the absurd time of 4pm. Any one have an answer to this? I hate the raiders and am pissed to see them get this minor boon in the start time.

Crush the raiders!

Oh Damn I didn't notice its a late game. Looks like ill be watching after school this week.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltWalt View Post
    When west coast teams are forced to start at what is to them a 10am start time this is a big advantage to the home team that the west coast team has had to travel to. I was very surprised to see the start time for this weeks against the raiders was not a 10am start. When the Bolts went to KC in week four the start time was 10am, now when the Bolts go to Cleveland this week thier game starts at 10am who chooses the start time? Is it the league or the networks? it is certainly not the hosting teams desiscion to start at the absurd time of 4pm. Any one have an answer to this? I hate the raiders and am pissed to see them get this minor boon in the start time.

Crush the raiders!
    Crush the Raiders!!!

Honestly I LIKE the late start. The gates are suppose to open 3.5 hrs before kickoff but they usually open about 4 hrs before. Which means that you're up at the crack of dawn to go tailgate. Because of the late start people can get up, have a nice brunch or even lunch and then head out. It gives people more of a Sunday instead of having to rush.

The other thing is that if it was at noon like normal it'd just be getting light out at 8 am. That might have something else to do with it?

I really like the late start, that means I can get back from the Rams - Pats game at Wembley and still catch the Chiefs game.

Pre-game at the bar for me then.

I can understand wanting a later start to give more time for tailgaiting but giving up forcing the other team to play while many of them are still not wide awake I don't see.

Crush the raiders!

I can understand wanting a later start to give more time for tailgaiting but giving up forcing the other team to play while many of them are still not wide awake I don't see.

Crush the raiders!

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Crush the raiders!
    I always thought it was to give the west coast fans a reasonable time to watch thier team. I never even thought about the players situation. Big point taken.
    And I really dont even hate the Raiders, anymore. That rivalry seems pretty weak now. It's all about the Broncos. Cant WAIT for those games!
    Last edited by KCraised; 10-27-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    I always thought it was to give the west coast fans a reasonable time to watch thier team. I never even thought about the players situation. Big point taken.
    And I really dont even hate the Raiders, anymore. That rivalry seems pretty weak now. It's all about the Broncos. Cant WAIT for those games!
    So you have had a lapse of memory like Tamba Hali and many more on the current Chiefs roster that the Raiders have beaten the Chiefs 5 times in a row in KC? No big deal huh?

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    So you have had a lapse of memory like Tamba Hali and many more on the current Chiefs roster that the Raiders have beaten the Chiefs 5 times in a row in KC? No big deal huh?
    Well, not saying the raiders are weak, I think the rivalry is. I guess you don't remember the Howie Long era, to remember what real Raiders/Chiefs rivalry was...lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast