Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stop Blaming Cassel

Default Stop Blaming Cassel

The problem with the Chiefs is from the top down. Ownership - Management - Coaching. This is not any player's fault...

It is easy to pick out a single player and focus everything on him. It is the weak thing to do - the easy way out. The QB can't get a pass off. The receivers are running bad routes and dropping easy passes. The special teams unit is muffing punts. The whole thing is bad, bad, bad... Stinks of bad coaching - which starts with bad management - which stems from disinterested ownership...
    Last edited by garretto; 10-28-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Default No Direction

This is not about the players at all. We have a Teddy Bear for a coach and a wanna-be bad-*** as a GM. The players are caught in the middle.

I can see Romeo consoling the same players that Pioli won't re-sign. It's a management issue...

I blame Pioli, who brought in Cassel.

Never thought there'd be a day when I wanted Carl Peterson back. People have been saying it for years and I shrugged it off, but the Chiefs best players are players that CP brought in (Flowers, Hali, Johnson, Albert, Bowe, Charles). The only pick that has really panned out for Pioli? Justin Houston.

Another tidbit I saw tonight (I don't remember where so I can't attribute the source), but the Chiefs have now lost by 18 or more for the 15th time in Pioli's tenure.

This happened 24 times in the 20 years Carl Peterson was around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I blame Pioli, who brought in Cassel.

Never thought there'd be a day when I wanted Carl Peterson back. People have been saying it for years and I shrugged it off, but the Chiefs best players are players that CP brought in (Flowers, Hali, Johnson, Albert, Bowe, Charles). The only pick that has really panned out for Pioli? Justin Houston.

Welcome aboard & congratulations for breaking on through to the other side. Seriously, you'll find that a realistic perspective is always the best course.

Now, if Clark Hunt will get on the same track, the Chiefs will get a real GM in place. Perhaps Hunt will look up north to your homeland for a candidate in GB.

I never thought I'd be embarrassed to be a Chiefs fan. I was wrong. Changes better be made this week or there will be mutiny among the fanbase and in the lockerroom.

Pathetic in every way imaginable. All time low.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I never thought I'd be embarrassed to be a Chiefs fan. I was wrong. Changes better be made this week or there will be mutiny among the fanbase and in the lockerroom.

Pathetic in every way imaginable. All time low.
    yeah, I/WE feel your pain Coach. I'll not abandon them, but tonight I did cut up one of my favorite hats into little pieces. Probably a dumb thing to do, but frustration is through the roof!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    yeah, I/WE feel your pain Coach. I'll not abandon them, but tonight I did cut up one of my favorite hats into little pieces. Probably a dumb thing to do, but frustration is through the roof!!!
    I pulled my jersey off in Buffalo Wild Wings. Was embarrassed to wear it, even in KC

I still can't believe the amount of turnovers this team is committing. I would love see that percentage of possessions that end on turnovers. It has to be twice as high as the next closest team in the history of the nfl.

They would give up less points if they punted on first down. That is nearly impossible but I'd bet it would be true.

My expectations were so high this year and this roster does have talent. I'm pissed at myself for being so wrong about this debacle of a team. Right now I would say they are worse than the winless lions from a few years ago. When they run, they fumble. When they pass, they fumble or throw int's. The defense last night allowed Phillip Rivers to throw for the 5th highest completion percentage in a game since 1960. The Chargers ran all over them.

I just don't know what to say. This just shows the power if good coaching. WOW, ARE THEY AWFUL!

I still can't believe the amount of turnovers this team is committing. I would love see that percentage of possessions that end on turnovers. It has to be twice as high as the next closest team in the history of the nfl.

They would give up less points if they punted on first down. That is nearly impossible but I'd bet it would be true.

My expectations were so high this year and this roster does have talent. I'm pissed at myself for being so wrong about this debacle of a team. Right now I would say they are worse than the winless lions from a few years ago. When they run, they fumble. When they pass, they fumble or throw int's. The defense last night allowed Phillip Rivers to throw for the 5th highest completion percentage in a game since 1960. The Chargers ran all over them.

I just don't know what to say. This just shows the power if good coaching. WOW, ARE THEY AWFUL!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast