Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lest we forget.....

Default Lest we forget.....

It is now October 15th. The month is half over....

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1825

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Why not...the year was 1979...I was 5 years old and my pops took me to my first 49ers game. We ate brats and burgers in the parking lot, he bought me a jersey and jacket (back when those were reasonable), and we watched the 49ers get obliterated at the hands of San Diego.

My first game wasn't just a loss...it was a beating. But on the bright side I had a wonderful day with my dad, and the next decade proved to be quite enjoyable.
    See right there folks?

That is what a TRUE fan is!

Wrong team, but love the support guy!

Way to go!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I get to start drinking at midnight right?
    Yup!!!

Why not...the year was 1979...I was 5 years old and my pops took me to my first 49ers game. We ate brats and burgers in the parking lot, he bought me a jersey and jacket (back when those were reasonable), and we watched the 49ers get obliterated at the hands of San Diego.

My first game wasn't just a loss...it was a beating. But on the bright side I had a wonderful day with my dad, and the next decade proved to be quite enjoyable.
    That's cool man. My first Chiefs game was a loss to the team that we will not mention and I literally had to fight my way out of the stadium. My wife got me tix for Chiefs/Niners to cheer me up so I ended up happy!! (with sore knuckles)

I did some family photo research really quick after I posted and it was Seattle not San Diego...both were AFC West teams back then...2-14 that year was brutal, but my dad was a big Stanford fan and was convinced they'd get better with Walsh. I personally grew up and selected Cal over Stanford, but stuck with dad's 49ers over the piss ants across the bay.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

I did some family photo research really quick after I posted and it was Seattle not San Diego...both were AFC West teams back then...2-14 that year was brutal, but my dad was a big Stanford fan and was convinced they'd get better with Walsh. I personally grew up and selected Cal over Stanford, but stuck with dad's 49ers over the piss ants across the bay.
    Wise choice my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Wise choice my friend
    Seems to me if I hadn't made that proper choice we likely couldn't be friends
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Seems to me if I hadn't made that proper choice we likely couldn't be friends
    I said wise choice....if u had made the proper choice you woulda been a Chiefs fan!!

Well I grew up in Fremont, CA...what can I say...I didn't want to go here, but....

Super Bowl 16
    Super Bowl 19
    Super Bowl 23
    Super Bowl 24
    Super Bowl 29

Well I grew up in Fremont, CA...what can I say...I didn't want to go here, but....

Super Bowl 16
    Super Bowl 19
    Super Bowl 23
    Super Bowl 24
    Super Bowl 29
    Yeah, but unfortunately when u wake up tomorrow you are still gonna be a 48ers fan and this is 2007!!

Super Bowl 16
    Super Bowl 19
    Super Bowl 23
    Super Bowl 24
    Super Bowl 29
    I doubt that there was anybody who wasn't somewhat of a 9ers fan during that era.

Every body loved the Golden Boy too.

The Chiefs were smart enough to bring him here.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Yeah, but unfortunately when u wake up tomorrow you are still gonna be a 48ers fan and this is 2007!!
    Yep, 2007 isn't so bad...2003-2006 were PAINFUL...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast