Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Vick and a ton of cash for Dwayne Bowe

Default Mike Vick and a ton of cash for Dwayne Bowe

I don't like Vick's contract but I think this could be a good trade for both teams. Neither Cassel or Quinn are the answer at the QB position. Crennel said he wanted to change the dynamic at the QB position... if he's serious, he needs to put Stanzi at the position or make a trade for someone outside the organization.

Mike Vick is still a top 10 QB. I don't see an elite franchise QB coming out of the next draft. This franchise needs to start thinking about next season. The Chiefs will have to run the table the rest of the season to get a road playoff game... that ain't happening. Who's going to be your QB next season? If the Chiefs can turn Bowe into a QB this team can depend on for the next few seasons, I think it's a good trade.

In order to pull the trade off, the Chiefs need to get salary help from the Eagles and they'll probably need a 3rd team to give the Eagles something they want... like a draft pick or two with Bowe going to said third team. You have to think the Colts would be interested along with a few other teams with playoff aspirations.

For all those who think this is a really bad idea, please provide arguments that don't include the words "dog fighting." I already covered the salary issue as well. I realize Vick looks horrible this year, but I don't think it's a fall off in talent that is the problem. Nor do I think it's a mental thing. I think he's in a bad spot in Philly and on a bad team with a horrible O-line. The converse is true in Kansas City... the team looks REALLY bad not because they lack talent but because they have the worst player in the league at the most important position on the field. Give this team just an average QB and they're better than a .500 team.

im sorry but no way should vick even be allowed to play in the nfl..heck he couldnt even get a job at walmart with his record... besides all that obvious reason...he sucks!!!!

Hes way past his prime and soon will be a back up. I dont put the dog stuff all on him and put it more on his parents for not doing a better job raising him to know better. And glad he got a second chance but dont think he has that much left and we need to draft a qb that we can have for years to come and build around and hopefully after this year we wont be in line fore the 1st pick in draft again.

Do you think the Redskins would trade RG3 for Bowe?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Dog View Post
    Do you think the Redskins would trade RG3 for Bowe?
    I would take Kirk Cousins (RG3's back up) for Bowe.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Are you serious with this? Really??? Mike Vick is about to get benched because he is hurting his team win. Trading Bowe and giving up a ton of cash for a QB who is competiting with Cassel for the Turn over King of the NFL is a horrible idea.

I don't want the guy anywhere my team, city or Dogs...
    This ^^^^^

This is what we have come to, wishing for a crappy QB from a crappy team. This team needs to be scrapped from the top down.

I am sick of other team's garbage. It has not worked and it will never work.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Probably need to see what the heck Stanzi can do. It's not going to matter, put him in the line up. I'd rather hear from a fresh face that they are going to try and get better. He might actually have a shot at it(getting better).

This team is in disarray. No leadership from top to bottom and everyone hand picked by Pioli used to be, at one time, a team captain. I don't get it. Some or all of them are not part of the right 53. "One of these things just doesn't belong here"
    ....Place entire coaching staff here.....

Any way, I would hope to high heaven that Crennel has 0 input on the next QB for this team.
    I'm for this now. This season is finished, so Quinn can sit. I was for Quinn, when there was a glimmer of season salvage. Now that our little tiny flame of hope got a 55 gallon drum of water dumped on it, let's see what this kid can do. And maybe with some actual games under his belt, we can see if he is worth keeping around. It seems like no one on the coaching staff even wants to consider the possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Hes way past his prime and soon will be a back up. I dont put the dog stuff all on him and put it more on his parents for not doing a better job raising him to know better. And glad he got a second chance but dont think he has that much left and we need to draft a qb that we can have for years to come and build around and hopefully after this year we wont be in line fore the 1st pick in draft again.
    Yeah, his parents did a great job. Remember his little borther Marcus who got kicked off his team for having a troubled record and stomping on a players face during a game.

They just said 1290 am.. he's getting benched

Vick has been terrible this year. Even if he was "still a top 10 QB" (I don't think he is) he still doesn't have the kind of talent it takes to make up for the lack of coaching and leadership on this team. It's nice to think that if we only had a better QB we'd be playoff bound, but that's not an honest assessment at all. When the entire team comes out sloppy and undisciplined week after week, it's a coaching problem. No QB short of P. Manning's caliber is going to fix that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast