Football is a game of attrition. Below are some of the injury situations that Shutdown Corner will be keeping a close eye on in Week 9: Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill had logged every offensive snap entering Sunday's action, but suffered a left thigh bruise and a hyperextended left knee on the second possession of Sunday's 30-9 win over the New York Jets. Tannehill was attempting to avoid a sack by Jets linebacker Calvin Pace on a 3rd-and-5 play and would sit out the remainder of the game. Tannehill will undergo an MRI on Monday and is optimistic about playing next week against the Indianapolis Colts. "I was optimistic about getting back in the game, and I'm optimistic about getting ready to go next week," Tannehill said after Sunday's game. "I could've gone if it was an emergency situation. Was trying to get it loose so I could be good to go, (but) we were up big and Matt (Moore) was doing a good job." Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Brady Quinn's opportunity to earn a starting job, either in K.C. or elsewhere, did not go as well as he had hoped. The 2007 first-round pick out of Notre Dame was knocked out of Sunday's 26-16 loss with a possible concussion, pressing Matt Cassel back into action. The Chiefs have yet to lead in a game this season and head coach Romeo Crennel isn't sure who'll start on Thursday night against the San Diego Chargers, with 2011 fifth round pick Ricky Stanzi mentioned as a possibility. "First of all, we have to see about Brady and what his situation is and whether he can go or not," Crennel said via the Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star. "Then we'll evaluate Matt and his situation and also we'll evaluate (Ricky) Stanzi...I'm not ruling out anybody. I have to look at everybody. I know time is a constraint that I have to work under, but the first thing that has to be done is to see where Brady is. If he's not available, then I need to see about the other two and then make a decision."

More...