Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SI - Top 10 Rookies So Far

Default SI - Top 10 Rookies So Far

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html

Bowe is here - no surprise.

The question is why the 2nd Chiefs Player is in here. He seems to pop up in a lot of "best plays", "weekly highlights"....
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    You see that you agree with what I agree with u?

Yes; on this issue we see eye to eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yes; on this issue we see eye to eye.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

you need help.

you need help.

Hey that eye is a Chiefs fan!

See how it is wearing red?

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Default SI Top Rookie List---Analyzed

Working from the bottom of the list up...

10 James Jones---the rookie receiver has filled in admirably while Donald Driver as injured and is now fighting Greg Jennings for playing time. He's a big-play receiver with great hands and disciplined route runner. He has fit in nicely in Green Bay and belongs on this list...I like him @ 10

9 Nick Folk---rookie kicker has been good...but he's still a kicker...I wouldn't mind him being on this list, but Joe Thomas from Cleveland has been much more critical to his team (Move him off the list, insert Joe Thomas @ 5)

8 Leron Landry---hard hitting safety has met up to the hype and teamed with Sean Taylor to make a formidable pair in the Washington secondary...I like him better @ 9

7 Dwayne Bowe---you guys know him...I say he should be @ 4

6 Arron Sears---check the Bucs running game, and I watched their game w/ TN this weekend...the kid is good. I like him better @ 8

5 Marshawn Lynch---the guy runs hard, catches the ball, and is getting better in pass protection. He still gets pulled in some cases, but is a legit feature back. He's being outshined by AP, but I like him @ 3

4 Patrick Willis---Strong, fast, hard-hitting linebacker...good in coverage, better in run support and scares the hell out of opposing QBs...yeah he makes the list, but even as a 49er fan I'd only put him @ 6

3 Tony Ugoh---Yeah and people thought there would be a drop off with Tarik Glenn out...this guy belongs @ 2

2 Amobi Okoye---ummm check the Houston D out, this cat stuffs the middle and as a DT he got after the QB regularly in Sept, and hasn't stopped too much in Oct. However I'd drop him in @ 7

1 Adrian Peterson---no change...he belongs @ #1 on this list...think what he would've done if Minnesota hadn't wasted 20 carries on Chester Taylor last weekend.

(Joe Thomas--I slotted him in @ 5 and dropped the kicker off the list---check Clevelands running game this year and last...he's a big part of the difference.)

My list

10 James Jones
    9 LaRon Landry
    8 Arron Sears
    7 Amobi Okoye
    6 Patrick Willis
    5 Joe Thomas
    4 Dwayne Bowe
    3 Marshawn Lynch
    2 Tony Ugoh
    1 Adrian Peterson
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Working from the bottom of the list up...

10 James Jones---the rookie receiver has filled in admirably while Donald Driver as injured and is now fighting Greg Jennings for playing time. He's a big-play receiver with great hands and disciplined route runner. He has fit in nicely in Green Bay and belongs on this list...I like him @ 10

9 Nick Folk---rookie kicker has been good...but he's still a kicker...I wouldn't mind him being on this list, but Joe Thomas from Cleveland has been much more critical to his team (Move him off the list, insert Joe Thomas @ 5)

8 Leron Landry---hard hitting safety has met up to the hype and teamed with Sean Taylor to make a formidable pair in the Washington secondary...I like him better @ 9

7 Dwayne Bowe---you guys know him...I say he should be @ 4

6 Arron Sears---check the Bucs running game, and I watched their game w/ TN this weekend...the kid is good. I like him better @ 8

5 Marshawn Lynch---the guy runs hard, catches the ball, and is getting better in pass protection. He still gets pulled in some cases, but is a legit feature back. He's being outshined by AP, but I like him @ 3

4 Patrick Willis---Strong, fast, hard-hitting linebacker...good in coverage, better in run support and scares the hell out of opposing QBs...yeah he makes the list, but even as a 49er fan I'd only put him @ 6

3 Tony Ugoh---Yeah and people thought there would be a drop off with Tarik Glenn out...this guy belongs @ 2

2 Amobi Okoye---ummm check the Houston D out, this cat stuffs the middle and as a DT he got after the QB regularly in Sept, and hasn't stopped too much in Oct. However I'd drop him in @ 7

1 Adrian Peterson---no change...he belongs @ #1 on this list...think what he would've done if Minnesota hadn't wasted 20 carries on Chester Taylor last weekend.

(Joe Thomas--I slotted him in @ 5 and dropped the kicker off the list---check Clevelands running game this year and last...he's a big part of the difference.)

My list

10 James Jones
    9 LaRon Landry
    8 Arron Sears
    7 Amobi Okoye
    6 Patrick Willis
    5 Joe Thomas
    4 Dwayne Bowe
    3 Marshawn Lynch
    2 Tony Ugoh
    1 Adrian Peterson
    I agree that the kicker should be takin off the list. He was just put on there becasue of his game winning kick last week and he is still fresh on people's minds. Thomas plays for the Browns so all we here about is when Quinn is coming in.

I agree that the kicker should be takin off the list. He was just put on there becasue of his game winning kick last week and he is still fresh on people's minds. Thomas plays for the Browns so all we here about is when Quinn is coming in.
    Good point, but rare is the QB who can win the game without a good O-line...oh and by the way, Quinn likely isn't coming in this year...Anderson is looking pretty good.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    There's a Visine for that...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html

Bowe is here - no surprise.

The question is why the 2nd Chiefs Player is in here. He seems to pop up in a lot of "best plays", "weekly highlights"....
    Because Wesley has STAR(maker) POWER!!!
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12