vs.
    San Diego Chargers (3-4)

Sunday, November 1, 7:30PM Central Time

at

Qualcom Stadium, San Diego, CA

on ESPN

Watch online: Kansas City Chiefs vs San Diego Chargers Live Stream Online
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Team Leaders
    Chiefs
    Offense:

Passing
    Matt Cassel

123-206, 1368 yds, 6 TDs, 10 INTs

Rushing
    Jamaal Charles

120 carries, 595 yds, 2 TDs

Receiving
    Dwayne Bowe

37 rec, 492 yds, 3 TDs

Defense:
    Tackles
    Derrick Johnson

60 tackles (51 solo)

Sacks
    Justin Houston

6 sacks

Interceptions
    Brandon Flowers

and Stanford Routt

2 INTs each

Full team stats

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Team Leaders
    Chargers
    Offense:

Passing
    Phillip Rivers

127-243, 1646 yds, 10 TDs, 9 INTs

Rushing
    Ryan Matthews

82 carries, 354 yds, 1 TD

Receiving
    Malcolm Floyd

29 rec, 461 yds, 1 TD

Defense:
    Tackles
    Atari Bigby

50 tackles (38 solo)

Sacks
    Corey Liuget

2 sacks

Interceptions
    Eric Weddle, Antoine Cason and Quentin Jammer

2 INTs each

Full team stats
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 11-01-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Notable Quotables
    Chiefs:
    "I haven't been part of a season where we have had so many things go wrong. Whether it's tipped balls or me making a bad decision, there have been a lot of turnovers; I've never been around a team that has had this many things go the wrong direction. At some point the luck has to change and go in our direction."

—Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel.

Chargers: "The game will be here before you know it; thankfully it's an opponent that we're very familiar with."

—Quarterback Philip Rivers, on his team's quick turnaround before facing the Chiefs.

Spread: Chargers by 7.5, Over/Under 42.5

Game Day Forcast: Broken Clouds 63 Degrees

B]ESPN Preview

Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Diego Chargers - Preview - November 01, 2012 - ESPN

Mired in a three-game losing streak, the San Diego Chargers are looking for answers while the job security of coach Norv Turner is once again being questioned.

With Kansas City stuck in a four-game slide and tied for the worst record in the NFL, Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel might also face an uncertain future if he can't get things turned around.

The AFC West foes look to end their skids Thursday night when the Chargers try to sweep the season series with a fifth consecutive home victory over the Chiefs.

After winning three of four, San Diego (3-4) is again stuck in a rut that has become commonplace in recent years. The Chargers started 2-5 in 2010 and endured a six-game skid in 2011, missing the playoffs in both seasons.

San Diego blew a 10-point lead during a 31-24 loss at New Orleans on Oct. 7 and followed that by giving up a 24-0 cushion in a 35-24 home defeat to Denver. On Sunday, the Chargers came off their bye and managed 265 yards in a 7-6 loss at lowly Cleveland.

"We've not been able to put together the kind of consistency we need to," said Turner, whose team has not scored a touchdown in six quarters. "It is an extremely challenging situation for our football team."

In his sixth season with the Chargers, Turner has again come under fire from a fan base that is willing to stay home and has pushed this contest to the brink of a local TV blackout.

"You're coaching on a week-to-week basis," said Turner, who has not spoken about his job status with general manager A.J. Smith or team president Dean Spanos. "I'm coaching to do the best job I can to get our team ready to play Kansas City. All those other conversations, they're going to take place. You know they're going to take place."

It seems the Chargers have a good chance to end their skid against the Chiefs (1-6), who allow 29.9 points per contest and have lost eight of 10 to San Diego -- including four straight at Qualcomm Stadium. Philip Rivers threw for 209 yards with two touchdowns and an interception in a 37-20 win at Kansas City on Sept. 30.

Rivers has completed 62.3 percent of his passes but thrown seven TDs and nine picks while going 6-1 at home versus Kansas City. After throwing four interceptions against the Broncos, he was 18 of 34 for a season-low 154 yards at Cleveland.

Ryan Mathews gained 95 yards against the Browns, but he has yet to rush for 100 yards and has one TD this season. He ran for 61 yards and caught two passes for 21 against the Chiefs earlier this year.

Kansas City is in danger of losing five straight for the first time since Nov. 29-Dec. 27, 2009. Coming off a 26-16 home loss to Oakland on Sunday, the Chiefs are the first team since at least 1940 to go their first seven games without holding a lead in regulation. Their only win came in overtime, 27-24 at New Orleans on Sept. 23.

"When you lose, it gets tough on you, mentally, you know?" Crennel said. "You wonder about who you played, what you could have done differently, why things are happening the way they're happening.

"You get down a little bit. We have to get them to put this behind us."

Though in his first full season as Kansas City's coach, Crennel along with general manager Scott Pioli could be feeling the heat.

Matt Cassel will start at quarterback after Brady Quinn took a blow to the head against the Raiders. Crennel said Tuesday that doctors have not cleared Quinn to practice, so Cassel will be the starter and Ricky Stanzi the backup.

Quinn went 2 of 4 for one yard and a pick before getting injured last week. Cassel was 20 of 30 for 218 yards with a touchdown and an interception in his place.

The Chiefs have an NFL-high 25 turnovers and their passer rating is a league-low 64.4.

Kansas City needs Jamaal Charles to get back on track after he ran five times for four yards versus Oakland. Charles averaged 110.2 rushing yards the first five games, but has been held to 44 on 17 carries in the last two.

He recorded 111 total yards and two TDs against the Chargers in September. Cassel threw for 251 with two TDs and three picks in that contest.

Disgust.

Er, I mean discuss!

The first post should say "Thursday, November 1" That's what happens when you copy and paste on your cellular phone and the site only gives you 10 minutes to edit your posts!

Anyway, IT'S TONIGHT!

The question is is this worth staying up from 1.30 - 4.30 am UK time ??

I can't see us winning but I hope I am proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis_Chiefs View Post
    The question is is this worth staying up from 1.30 - 4.30 am UK time ??

I can't see us winning but I hope I am proven wrong.

Yeah I'd watch the first half at least. Rumor mill claims if we win it'll be Turners last game, if we loose its Dabolls last game.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Yeah I'd watch the first half at least. Rumor mill claims if we win it'll be Turners last game, if we loose its Dabolls last game.
    I hope it would also be Romeo's last game if we lose. But I say lets just win that last 9 anyway GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I hope it would also be Romeo's last game if we lose. But I say lets just win that last 9 anyway GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm down with that

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast