Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few PFF stats

Default A few PFF stats

Im surprised to see T. Jackson that low on the 3-4 DE list. He was in the top 5 (dont remember exactly where) last year. I read somewhere that he isnt doing as well because he has to make up for the NT not covering as many blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    We need to be working on a long term deal with B Albert. This guy is finally getting the credit he has deserved for a couple of years.

The rest of those stats are going to make me have a bad day!
    They better get a long term deal, we lost Allen to get him!

Yea, definately gotta get ALbert under a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    When we didn't give lock Bowe up with a contract this off season I was disappointed. But after this season, and seeing that he gets lots of yards in garbage time, I'm kinda glad we didn't give him that contract. Although I wonder if he has an excessive fumble, and dropped ball prob this year cuz he hopes we don't franchise him do he can get outta KC.
    I think this year is the exception in junk yards and TD's. I will stand up for him on that. People have shown stats saying that Bowe for his number of targets drops the ball less or about the average for a #1. Granted I only played in high school and would have sat the bench in college so didn't play. But as a WR in those roles dropping the ball was never acceptable period. So I'm probably more critical on him about that then anything else. Fumbling in any way, shape or form is completely unacceptable.

With all that said I still don't feel like his body of work and what he brings to the team doesn't make him a top 5 or even top 10 receiver. It sure as heck doesn't make him an 11 million a year WR. I'd agree with a 9.5 million per year but that's about as high as I'd be willing to go. Bowe isn't really making a case to the Chiefs or any team this year that he deserves more then that either.
    Last edited by OPLookn; 11-05-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I think this year is the exception in junk yards and TD's. I will stand up for him on that. People have shown stats saying that Bowe for his number of targets drops the ball less or about the average for a #1. Granted I only played in high school and would have sat the bench in college so didn't play. But as a WR in those roles dropping the ball was never acceptable period. So I'm probably more critical on him about that then anything else. Fumbling in any way, shape or form is completely unacceptable.

With all that said I still don't feel like his body of work and what he brings to the team doesn't make him a top 5 or even top 10 receiver. It sure as heck doesn't make him an 11 million a year WR. I'd agree with a 9.5 million per year but that's about as high as I'd be willing to go. Bowe isn't really making a case to the Chiefs or any team this year that he deserves more then that either.
    I firmly believe if Bowe had a good quarterback throwing him the ball, he would easily be a top 10, if not top 5, WR.

Think of a guy like Reggie Wayne. Very dominant throughout his whole career w/ Peyton Manning. Last year with Painter he posted a 75rec/960yd/4TD season w/ the Colts. This year with Luck he has 61rec/835yd/3TDs through 8 games.

I am about 99.9% sure that if Bowe leaves as a FA to a team like the Saints, Pats, or any other team w/ a great QB, he'll dominate and we'll all look back on it wishing we still had him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I firmly believe if Bowe had a good quarterback throwing him the ball, he would easily be a top 10, if not top 5, WR.

Think of a guy like Reggie Wayne. Very dominant throughout his whole career w/ Peyton Manning. Last year with Painter he posted a 75rec/960yd/4TD season w/ the Colts. This year with Luck he has 61rec/835yd/3TDs through 8 games.

I am about 99.9% sure that if Bowe leaves as a FA to a team like the Saints, Pats, or any other team w/ a great QB, he'll dominate and we'll all look back on it wishing we still had him.
    It's probably a moot point, all indications are he wants out and not matter the contract he'd probably leave.

Which makes the qb thing all the more frustrating, had we drafted a qb in the last four years..... Well whatever it sucks cuz it's we keep him or lose Albert or keep Brandon lose Bowe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12