Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marc Ross

Default Marc Ross

Part of the Giants Front Office. Possible candidate for 2013 Chiefs GM?

MARC ROSS
    DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE SCOUTING

New York Giants: Marc Ross

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Pioli has to be gone. Cassel, Stanzi, Palko, Quinn. These are the qb's that he has acquired during his tenure, there is no way in hell I want him drafting our franchise qb (If that is even on his radar)
    I agree, I want him gone. But I would not be shocked if he was in the Chiefs war room come April. The Hunts have not shown me anything other than wanting to not rock the boat, they do NOT think outside the box. The Head Coach will fall on the sword for this season, other than that...nothing would surpise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    I agree, I want him gone. But I would not be shocked if he was in the Chiefs war room come April. The Hunts have not shown me anything other than wanting to not rock the boat, they do NOT think outside the box. The Head Coach will fall on the sword for this season, other than that...nothing would surpise me.
    Hunt better be smart enough to see that outside of NE and Cleveland rejects, no viable HC candidate is going to come and work for Pioli. It's just not going to happen.

If Hunt retains Pioli, then he blatantly condemns the Chiefs to continue the same losing culture that's been going on since his dad, Lamar passed away.

The AFC Championship trophy is named the Lamar Hunt trophy. The Chiefs have been the worst team in the AFC, record wise, since 2007. Somebody should point this out to Clark & maybe it'll wrench his gut enough that he will take action and get rid of Pioli.

Clark did fire Carl. I seriously doubt Pioli will be here next year.

Clark did fire Carl. I seriously doubt Pioli will be here next year.
    I honestly do not know how he made it the bye week. That is why I am wondering if Hunt will make the call

I honestly do not know how he made it the bye week. That is why I am wondering if Hunt will make the call

I love the Chiefs, I hate Scott Pioli. The stories that former employees of the Chiefs tell such as the candy wrapper stories make me mad. He isn't well liked within the organization, which is why I want him to be around long enough to play Todd Haley next week.

Default I

I love the Chiefs, I hate Scott Pioli. The stories that former employees of the Chiefs tell such as the candy wrapper stories make me mad. He isn't well liked within the organization, which is why I want him to be around long enough to play Todd Haley next week.
    I don't know if a GM has been fired as quick, when you look at the contracts he has done he didn't make the bone head decisions that the GM in Carolina made I don't know if Clark will fire him.

However Romeo Crennel looks like a deer in headlights out there he plays to not lose and is uber conservative in terms of making decisions to win the game we aren't even remotely competitive. IMO crennel has to be first.

And Brian Daboll too....

Really would not mind this. QB first round, WR or CB second, then a solid backup qb third round.
    It seemed to work well for Washington. I think you need to do this if you get a Cam Newton/RG3 QB that likes to run. There is a strong chance of injury.

Id be ok with getting a veteran backup instead of drafting though. Someone like Hasselbeck (not sure if he will be available) who can come in and be competent if the QB gets a concussion and goes down for 2-3 weeks.

If we get a QB in FA, then what I would like to see is 1) QB, and then in the 2nd and 3rd: ILB, WR, or CB. I would love to get a legit LB next to DJ.

I would rather get a veteran backup to our rookie qb for a few reasons. One being someone to help him and tutor him that has ayes in bigger games before, and secondly to save another pick for other needs as we have so many. Im not sure what qbs are avail in the 2014 draft buy I wouldn't be opposed to waiting and drafting a qb next year instead if there is a better crop of them avail then. But def want a different qb in here next year. Cassel and Quinn aren't the answer. And who knows if Schaub will be able to be resigned in Houston, we have the cap space to make a run at him.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    It seemed to work well for Washington. I think you need to do this if you get a Cam Newton/RG3 QB that likes to run. There is a strong chance of injury.

Id be ok with getting a veteran backup instead of drafting though. Someone like Hasselbeck (not sure if he will be available) who can come in and be competent if the QB gets a concussion and goes down for 2-3 weeks.

If we get a QB in FA, then what I would like to see is 1) QB, and then in the 2nd and 3rd: ILB, WR, or CB. I would love to get a legit LB next to DJ.
    Agreed, assuming they are running the 3-4 in 2013. If they do, the ILB looks too thin as it stands right now. FA might be a way to go in that area as well.

Getting back to the QB, there's also a strong chance of the QB getting hurt if the pass-blocking doesn't improve in 2013. This is one reason why I suggested earlier to draft 2 QB's. Here are the others:

1) If the Chiefs do draft a QB with their 1st pick, they simply cannot put all their eggs in this guy's basket given their history when it comes drafting QB's since the NFL and AFL realigned in 1970. Every QB they have drafted since then has been a colossal bust.

2) Never before have the Chiefs taken 2 QB's in the same draft since 1970 that I am aware of. If they are ever going to do that, now is the time. Nobody could blame them at this stage if they drafted QB's with their top 2 picks, especially under the current CBA. It would create good competition at the position and may the best man win.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast