Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marc Ross

Default Marc Ross

Part of the Giants Front Office. Possible candidate for 2013 Chiefs GM?

MARC ROSS
    DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE SCOUTING

New York Giants: Marc Ross

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    It seemed to work well for Washington. I think you need to do this if you get a Cam Newton/RG3 QB that likes to run. There is a strong chance of injury.

Id be ok with getting a veteran backup instead of drafting though. Someone like Hasselbeck (not sure if he will be available) who can come in and be competent if the QB gets a concussion and goes down for 2-3 weeks.

If we get a QB in FA, then what I would like to see is 1) QB, and then in the 2nd and 3rd: ILB, WR, or CB. I would love to get a legit LB next to DJ.

I do not disagree with what you have said. I think we almost have to go CB in the second round and then get a solid WR in FA.

The one thing the other QB's that we have drafted early in drafts have one thing to do with next years draft; absolutely nothing. Be it crappy Pioli or someone else drafting a QB with our first, busts from the past have nothing to do with that pick

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    The one thing the other QB's that we have drafted early in drafts have one thing to do with next years draft; absolutely nothing. Be it crappy Pioli or someone else drafting a QB with our first, busts from the past have nothing to do with that pick
    Nobody said that it did. What was suggested that the Chiefs would be wise to double dip at the QB position given what has happened in the past & add to the fact they currently don't a quality starter or backup.

Any prospect can bust, and given the Chiefs absolute ZERO success rate at drafting QB's, one would be a total idiot to ignore it.

I don't think pioli is going anywheres. Or he'd be gone already.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    Not necessarily. His contract is guaranteed unless he voluntarily quits. Clark could be wanting him to step down. Or he may simply just wait until the season ends to make the move & may already be shopping for GM candidates.

Either way, Hunt cannot justify bringing back Pioli in 2013. He'll be looking at major revolt & PR nightmare if he does, plus the fact that no bonafide HC candidate is going to work for Pioli. They all know that he's a stupid jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Not necessarily. His contract is guaranteed unless he voluntarily quits. Clark could be wanting him to step down. Or he may simply just wait until the season ends to make the move & may already be shopping for GM candidates.

Either way, Hunt cannot justify bringing back Pioli in 2013. He'll be looking at major revolt & PR nightmare if he does, plus the fact that no bonafide HC candidate is going to work for Pioli. They all know that he's a stupid jerk.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

Pioli is too arrogant to step down, he will be canned and then I will buy everyone a round of beers.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Pioli is too arrogant to step down, he will be canned and then I will buy everyone a round of beers.
    I don't drink, but I will be rejoicing in that day when it's announced that Pioli is no longer the Chiefs GM.

Aussie is our CP representative.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast