Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: HC Candidate -- Feedback Wanted

Default HC Candidate -- Feedback Wanted

People have said "bring back Marty or Cowher" and made numerous points about this, many well taken.

I offer a 3rd alternative, that if you stop and think about, falls right into line with the requests that have been made for Marty and Cowher and here it is:

Look up north to GB. Who is currently on the GB coaching staff that played under Cowher for many years and possesses Cowher's very same mentality??

Drum roll please.....

KEVIN GREENE

Think that is farfetched? Look down to Miami and how the Dolphins are getting things moving in the right direction under Joe Philbin.

All you can do is give a guy a chance. The same chance that Marty and Cowher got to be HC's.

I really believe that Kevin Greene could very well be the next iteration of Marty, Cowher.

He would not tolerate the loser's mentality that has plagued the Chiefs since 2007.

What are everyone's thoughts on Jason Garrett (Im predicting Jerry Jones is going to fire him when they fail to make the playoffs this year) for OC or maybe their DC Ryan (Cant remember his first name).

Im not too fond of what Garrett has done in Cowgirl land. But he seemed to run a decent offense when he was OC, and was in high demand as a HC because of it.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts on Jason Garrett (Im predicting Jerry Jones is going to fire him when they fail to make the playoffs this year) for OC or maybe their DC Ryan (Cant remember his first name).

Im not too fond of what Garrett has done in Cowgirl land. But he seemed to run a decent offense when he was OC, and was in high demand as a HC because of it.

Thoughts?
    Regarding Garrett, as an OC, yes. As a HC, no.

Ryan's first name is Rob. Doesn't seem like HC material like his brother Rex.

Kind of sucks that we are only 1/2 way through the season and discussing HC candidates for 2013, BUT................
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 11-04-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    That's the part that stands out glaringly and here is what is wrong:

1) Drafting 4-3 lineman who played the 4-3 in college ( except Dorsey in 2008 as Chiefs played 4-3 at that time ) in the 1st round and trying to fit them into a 3-4 defense. This is totally ludicrous to spend top draft picks on square pegs and trying to fit them into round holes. Not only is it a waste of a top draft pick, but they pass on players that would stand a better chance at making an impact right away at other positions on the team. Why not shop for D-Lineman in rounds 2 - 7 that have played in the 3-4 in college or get FA D-Lineman that have NFL experience playing in the 3-4? Common sense, I would think.

2) The docile acceptance by too many Chiefs fans to the following line --- "it's the 3-4 D-Lineman's job to occupy blockers and they aren't supposed to get tackles, sacks, and QB pressures". I got news for those that are buying into this --- THAT'S PURE BULLSH!T !! You are buying into Scott Pioli's loser-type mentality !!

People's Exhibit A:
    J.J. Watt down in Houston and his other linemates.
    Justin Smith in SF and his linemates.
    Shaun Smith in KC in 2010 -- he was consistently beating blockers and tackling opposing runners. No Chiefs D-Lineman has played as well as Smith did in 2010 since they switched to the 3-4.

People's Exhibit B:
    The 1990 Chiefs playing 3-4 with Neil Smith, Dan Saleaumua, and Bill Maas manning the D-Line spots. The Chiefs decked opposing QB's 60 times that year with Derrick Thomas getting 20 of those. Do the math -- that means that 40 sacks came from other members of the defense and the D-Line accounted for most of those. Smith, Saleaumua, Maas, and Leonard Griffin were consistently tackling opposing RB's, pressuring opposing QB's, and getting timely QB sacks throughout the 1990 season.

This clearly illustrates the loser-type mentality that Scott Pioli has brought to KC, and yet some fans want to retain him as GM? WAKE UP & RETHINK !! Stop buying into Pioli's loser-type mentality and philosophies & rightfully reject them.

You hit the nail right on the head.

I would rather run a 4/3, I think having 4 athletic guys who can get to the qb is better than 3 DL who just take up space and are taught to hold their positions, of course that doesn't apply to guys like JJ Watt, who are true impact 3/4 DE. Hell, if we had a JJ Watt then I would say fine, run 3/4 all you want, but the fact is we don't have anyone like JJ.

A bit off topic, but Clark, please take a lesson from Bud Adams-he cares about his team

Bud Adams puts entire Titans organization on notice | ProFootballTalk

“At this time, all aspects of the organization will be closely evaluated, including front office, coaches and players over the next seven games. If performance and competitiveness does not improve, I will look at all alternatives to get back to having the Titans become a playoff and championship football team.”

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    A bit off topic, but Clark, please take a lesson from Bud Adams-he cares about his team

Bud Adams puts entire Titans organization on notice | ProFootballTalk

“At this time, all aspects of the organization will be closely evaluated, including front office, coaches and players over the next seven games. If performance and competitiveness does not improve, I will look at all alternatives to get back to having the Titans become a playoff and championship football team.”
    We'll find out soon enough if Clark cares as much as Bud Adams does. I remember seeing a video of Clark before the 2008 season and he stated something to the effect that improvement was a must. It sounded like he was issuing an ultimatum. Of course, they had gone 4-12 in 2007 and then in 2008 went 2-14 and it was the end of the Carl/Herm era.

Considering it was his 2nd year as owner & the 3rd year of Carl/Herm and that youth accounted for much of the 2-14 misfortune in 2008, I would have to think Clark has to thinking along the same thought line now.

Considering Pioli has had 4 years and gone through 2 HC's and gotten only two players in his 4 drafts that can even be remotely considered impact players (Succop and Houston), how can Hunt not see that Pioli is like a poor marksmen armed with a shotgun & yet he keeps missing the target, even if it's 3 feet in front of his ugly face?

In other words, does Clark really want Pioli to pick the next HC and blow another top draft pick out his arse?
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 11-05-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Sean Peyton is a free agent at the end of the year......
    You know I was listening to the Cowboys post game tonight and a several of the local sports people are saying here in Dallas that they think if Peyton is a free agent they think he will become Dallas' new HC because he lives here in Dallas and is a personal friend of Jerry Jones becides Jerry usually gets what he wants just like a CB back he paid $50 million 5 year contract to that used to be with the Chiefs.

It's all up to one person - Clark Hunt. Pioli isn't the only person that trashed this franchise. Hunt is the guy that brought him here. I, too, was behind the Pioli hire. Boy - was I wrong. And so was Clark. Clark should had realized that Pioli wasn't the brains at NE - he just did what Belichick told him to do.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    It's all up to one person - Clark Hunt. Pioli isn't the only person that trashed this franchise. Hunt is the guy that brought him here. I, too, was behind the Pioli hire. Boy - was I wrong. And so was Clark. Clark should had realized that Pioli wasn't the brains at NE - he just did what Belichick told him to do.

Clark fired Carl in 08, he will fire Pioli in after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    It's all up to one person - Clark Hunt. Pioli isn't the only person that trashed this franchise. Hunt is the guy that brought him here. I, too, was behind the Pioli hire. Boy - was I wrong. And so was Clark.
    Don't feel alone. I also applauded when Pioli came to town, and over this season and last have really come to regret it. Our O-line situation is a joke, and that falls on Pioli's shoulders, and to some extent, Clark's.

My hope is that Clark loosens up the wallet and finds us a proven GM and HC. It might take a little while but things will fall into place after that.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345