Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HC Candidate -- Feedback Wanted

Default HC Candidate -- Feedback Wanted

People have said "bring back Marty or Cowher" and made numerous points about this, many well taken.

I offer a 3rd alternative, that if you stop and think about, falls right into line with the requests that have been made for Marty and Cowher and here it is:

Look up north to GB. Who is currently on the GB coaching staff that played under Cowher for many years and possesses Cowher's very same mentality??

Drum roll please.....

KEVIN GREENE

Think that is farfetched? Look down to Miami and how the Dolphins are getting things moving in the right direction under Joe Philbin.

All you can do is give a guy a chance. The same chance that Marty and Cowher got to be HC's.

I really believe that Kevin Greene could very well be the next iteration of Marty, Cowher.

He would not tolerate the loser's mentality that has plagued the Chiefs since 2007.

I disagree, he had lots of BIG names and contracts on those colts teams. And look what he did with the Bills back in the day. I think he is a good GM, and has the knowledge to turn this team around. He built those competitive colts teams from basically nothing. To me he is an available person who has done it before, is proven, and would do a million times better than the current situation. Good talent evaluator too, had plenty of bigger names on D as well as O. But the bottom line will be Hunt coming off the money it takes to be a competitive football team every year. You can't stay at the bottom at spending and expect a playoff team.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Good points jap1 and missingtbone. The question mark regarding KG is HC coaching experience, of course. Probably never had any at any level.

I also say no to Polian. There may be a GM candidate up there in GB that's worked under current GM Ted Thompson and Thompson's track record has been pretty good.

I'm all for change, anything but this bush league staff.

Seems decent. Good coaches do come out of green bay

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Keep in mind that no HC who has won a SB has gone to another team and won a SB with another team.

Another thing to consider -- who is GB's QB right now? That's right, Aaron Rodgers.

That would lead one to believe that Greene understands the importance of having a quality QB to lead his team.
    I thought Vermile did that right? Philly and St. Louis? Or maybe I'm just too deep into the bourbon.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    I thought Vermile did that right? Philly and St. Louis? Or maybe I'm just too deep into the bourbon.
    Not quite. Vermeil went to the SB with Philly and lost. He went back with the Rams and won.

Chip Kelly paired w/ 1st overall pick Geno Smith would be music to my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Chip Kelly paired w/ 1st overall pick Geno Smith would be music to my ears.
    I'd be OK with that. Must have new GM in place as well. Nobody outside the KC circle is going to want to work for Pioli and nobody can blame them. He's torpedoed and sunken his own ship.

Cowher. Chucky then Marty.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    I disagree, he had lots of BIG names and contracts on those colts teams. And look what he did with the Bills back in the day. I think he is a good GM, and has the knowledge to turn this team around. He built those competitive colts teams from basically nothing. To me he is an available person who has done it before, is proven, and would do a million times better than the current situation. Good talent evaluator too, had plenty of bigger names on D as well as O. But the bottom line will be Hunt coming off the money it takes to be a competitive football team every year. You can't stay at the bottom at spending and expect a playoff team.
    So long as he leaves his kid behind. Otherwise, no thanks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast