Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: HC Candidate -- Feedback Wanted

Hybrid View

Default HC Candidate -- Feedback Wanted

People have said "bring back Marty or Cowher" and made numerous points about this, many well taken.

I offer a 3rd alternative, that if you stop and think about, falls right into line with the requests that have been made for Marty and Cowher and here it is:

Look up north to GB. Who is currently on the GB coaching staff that played under Cowher for many years and possesses Cowher's very same mentality??

Drum roll please.....

KEVIN GREENE

Think that is farfetched? Look down to Miami and how the Dolphins are getting things moving in the right direction under Joe Philbin.

All you can do is give a guy a chance. The same chance that Marty and Cowher got to be HC's.

I really believe that Kevin Greene could very well be the next iteration of Marty, Cowher.

He would not tolerate the loser's mentality that has plagued the Chiefs since 2007.

It's not a terrible idea, but I think what needs to be on our future coaching resume is someone who has had a history of drafting and developing franchise qb's.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    It's not a terrible idea, but I think what needs to be on our future coaching resume is someone who has had a history of drafting and developing franchise qb's.
    I'm open to suggestions, but it seems like you are referring more to a Dick Vermeil type guy, than a Marty/Cowher guy -- nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I'm open to suggestions, but it seems like you are referring more to a Dick Vermeil type guy, than a Marty/Cowher guy -- nothing wrong with that.

Cowher drafted Berger, Cowher would actually be my first choice for HC.

Cowher drafted Berger, Cowher would actually be my first choice for HC.
    Keep in mind that no HC who has won a SB has gone to another team and won a SB with another team.

Another thing to consider -- who is GB's QB right now? That's right, Aaron Rodgers.

That would lead one to believe that Greene understands the importance of having a quality QB to lead his team.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Keep in mind that no HC who has won a SB has gone to another team and won a SB with another team.

Another thing to consider -- who is GB's QB right now? That's right, Aaron Rodgers.

That would lead one to believe that Greene understands the importance of having a quality QB to lead his team.
    I thought Vermile did that right? Philly and St. Louis? Or maybe I'm just too deep into the bourbon.

I like it.

However comma I think we'd need to put into his contract that he's not allowed to have a mullet until after we win a playoff game.
    Navy Nuclear Power Credo:
    We the Unwilling, led by the Unknowing
    and Ungrateful, do the Impossible.
    We have been doing so much,
    for so long, with so little
    We are now Qualified to do Anything with Nothing!

Well I want Andy Reid as OC

Well I want Andy Reid as OC
    Good point. Given the players, he could make an Offense prolific & he hasn't been a bad HC in Philthydelphia -- it's just that things have gotten stale there after 13+ years.

Andy Reid will be a HC somewhere if he wants to be. I can't see him going back to OC. If he did it would prob turn out like Weiss and only stay one year. I wouldn't mind starting KG as a coordinator, but not sure about HC. Not that he'll come back and coach but I would like Brian Billick, as my first pick of who's currently available. He did great things in MN, and win a SB in Baltimore. Bill Polian as GM, and Billick as HC, sounds like a winning combo to me!!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast