View Poll Results: Which QB would you want?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geno Smith

    24 53.33%
  • Matt Barkley

    9 20.00%
  • Mike Glennon

    0 0%
  • Tyler Wilson

    0 0%
  • Other (Specify)

    12 26.67%
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 372

Thread: Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley


    0 Not allowed!
    At this point, which QB would you rather have KC draft in 2013?

  2. #181
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,786
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Well apparently DJ and Flowers are mysteriously out this week.

    THIS


    3?! Are you kidding me?! Luck, Newton, Bradford, Stafford, Ryan, Manning are all sure fire franchise QBs.
    I don't know abut Bradford take away Stephen Jackson and that defense and its a different season.

  3. #182
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,786
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    And newton has a long way to go to prove he's a franchise qb. Licks team was 2 and 14 now they are 8 and 4 newton has gone from 6 and 10 to maybe that this year.

  4. #183
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,786
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    How is he the best defensive prospect? Teo is not even projected to go top 5. From multiple scouts...

    The college director said Te'o, on tape, looks like a "bigger Lofa Tatupu" who can have a Tedy Bruschi-like impact in being a player that a club can build around. And Te'o's leadership ability -- being the centerpiece in the rise of a defense that's been lacking over the past decade, and going undefeated -- won't go unnoticed in April.

    Teams throw on first and second down, so you have to be able to run and cover. You don't want liabilities in coverage in your base. I don't think he's a liability. Does he run well enough? He's not speed-deficient, but with his play speed, in covereage, there are some specific guys you'd have questions about.

    One agreement here from the evaluators is that while Kuechly might not have been the superior college player, he was a better prospect than Te'o.



    He's not even close to being a number 1 pick. I think the Bruschi comparison is perfect for him, that's exactly who he reminds me of.

    Honestly what I would do, is trade out of the pick and see if we could get the CB from Bama and Barkley mid round. I think that would be phenominal. I definitely won't be sad if we pick Geno number 1, either way I couldn't care less, as long as we get Geno or Barkley.
    Did kuechly win as many awards as manti was he second in the Heisman, say whatever the f u want the guy plays lb and was second in the Heisman voting. That has never happened. Your comparisons and taking what people assume of him is an incomplete analysis. One thing I have learned in sports is that some people just have an instinct for the ball it can't be taught it can't be judged in 40 times in bench presses. They are in the right place at the right time. It is just a fact of all sports. His maturity his knack for the football has been evident all year. That's why he's a Heisman finalist. I watch notre dame games and the way this guy energized his team and the fans is AMAZING!!!!!

  5. #184
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Did kuechly win as many awards as manti was he second in the Heisman, say whatever the f u want the guy plays lb and was second in the Heisman voting. That has never happened. Your comparisons and taking what people assume of him is an incomplete analysis. One thing I have learned in sports is that some people just have an instinct for the ball it can't be taught it can't be judged in 40 times in bench presses. They are in the right place at the right time. It is just a fact of all sports. His maturity his knack for the football has been evident all year. That's why he's a Heisman finalist. I watch notre dame games and the way this guy energized his team and the fans is AMAZING!!!!!
    So you're a Notre Dame fan and want your favorite player on your favorite NFL team. It's all coming together now.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  6. #185
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,786
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    So you're a Notre Dame fan and want your favorite player on your favorite NFL team. It's all coming together now.
    Hey I said I Geno proves he's it then draft him. I watched Geno tht Texas game and the kstate game and was completely unimpressed. His demeanor the way he carries himelf, IMO, he can't handle that kind of burden. And so I watch notre dame football I'm catholic for Christ sale it's like sacrilege to not.

  7. #186
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,786
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    And I'm a mizzou fan first. But have always watched notre dame football.

  8. #187
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,855
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Did kuechly win as many awards as manti was he second in the Heisman, say whatever the f u want the guy plays lb and was second in the Heisman voting. That has never happened. Your comparisons and taking what people assume of him is an incomplete analysis. One thing I have learned in sports is that some people just have an instinct for the ball it can't be taught it can't be judged in 40 times in bench presses. They are in the right place at the right time. It is just a fact of all sports. His maturity his knack for the football has been evident all year. That's why he's a Heisman finalist. I watch notre dame games and the way this guy energized his team and the fans is AMAZING!!!!!

    I agree with you. The fact that he as a defensive player was in the running says alot. We live in a age where everyone wants to see great offense. Defense is an afterthought for most people. There's a reason that most the rule changes have favored the offense. The fact that he got the most votes for a defensive player says alot. I don't think that we HAVE to take him I just don't think we can ignoreing him just to draft a qb.

    And I'm not a ND fan
    ​BAN ROY


  9. #188
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I agree with you. The fact that he as a defensive player was in the running says alot. We live in a age where everyone wants to see great offense. Defense is an afterthought for most people. There's a reason that most the rule changes have favored the offense. The fact that he got the most votes for a defensive player says alot. I don't think that we HAVE to take him I just don't think we can ignoreing him just to draft a qb.

    And I'm not a ND fan
    Defense is far from an afterthought...but our defense is light years ahead of our offense in terms of talent/production. Again, the offense is 31st in terms of points for.

    I ask again, why Te'o? He's not going to be a 3-down player (unless you take DJ off the field), and he's not going to play on other obvious passing downs.

    Here's a numerical example. In week 10 the Chiefs played the Steelers. It was a close game. The Steelers were very balanced (33 pass, 29 rush). The Steelers had 65 total offensive snaps (that includes the 33 + 29 plus 3 field goals). Houston/Hali/Flowers/Berry/Lewis/Arenas all played every snap. Belcher played 33 snaps, Jalil Brown came on for the other 32. Belcher played about 50% of the game! That would be Te'o's role! Why spend a top 5 pick on that? Does this turn the light on in your head that "hey, he's right, we don't really need a situational linebacker in the 1st round?"

    If you want to go defense, take a CB. I wouldn't have nearly as much beef with that. DeMarcus Milliner is very solid CB prospect.


    EDIT: Just for fun I took a look at a game we got blown out in. Belcher played 17/57 snaps vs. the Bills in week 2! Hopefully once we have Geno though, we won't be getting blown out.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 12-09-2012 at 12:11 AM.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  10. #189
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,855
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Defense is far from an afterthought...but our defense is light years ahead of our offense in terms of talent/production. Again, the offense is 31st in terms of points for.

    I ask again, why Te'o? He's not going to be a 3-down player (unless you take DJ off the field), and he's not going to play on other obvious passing downs.

    Here's a numerical example. In week 10 the Chiefs played the Steelers. It was a close game. The Steelers were very balanced (33 pass, 29 rush). The Steelers had 65 total offensive snaps (that includes the 33 + 29 plus 3 field goals). Houston/Hali/Flowers/Berry/Lewis/Arenas all played every snap. Belcher played 33 snaps, Jalil Brown came on for the other 32. Belcher played about 50% of the game! That would be Te'o's role! Why spend a top 5 pick on that? Does this turn the light on in your head that "hey, he's right, we don't really need a situational linebacker in the 1st round?"

    If you want to go defense, take a CB. I wouldn't have nearly as much beef with that. DeMarcus Milliner is very solid CB prospect.


    EDIT: Just for fun I took a look at a game we got blown out in. Belcher played 17/57 snaps vs. the Bills in week 2! Hopefully once we have Geno though, we won't be getting blown out.

    Defense is an afterthought to most people is an afterthought. Again there's a reason why there have been far more rule changes that favor the offense.

    Teo is a special player. The fact that he as a defensive player was up for the hismen just is proof of that. How many defenders in this day and age are up for that and have a real shot to win it? Special players are not limited by position. They find there way to the ball. they find a way to make an impact in the game. Teo has done that. Can he in the NFL I don't know it doesn't always translate to the NFL for any position. But to just ignore him as a possible pick would be stupid with all he did while with the Irish. If Belecher was a better player and did things as good as Teo has done with the Irish do you really think he would have only played those few of plays? You can't say you know what his role would be with this team. Unless you have been told you're going to be the head coach next year no one on this forum can tell me what his role would be with this team.

    But i have a feeling that the only person that you will really be happy about is Geno Smith as you once said to me about Cassel you seem to have a lovefest for him.
    ​BAN ROY


  11. #190
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    If Belecher was a better player and did things as good as Teo has done with the Irish do you really think he would have only played those few of plays? You can't say you know what his role would be with this team. Unless you have been told you're going to be the head coach next year no one on this forum can tell me what his role would be with this team.
    I am 100% positive that Te'o would play about the same number of snaps. He's talented, but he's not going to cover a slot WR is he? Hell no. That's just ridiculous to even consider. So do you take out Derrick Johnson, who is a very solid cover LBer? Do you take out a pass rusher in Hali or Houston?

    I've studied the Chiefs schemes. They stay in a base 3-4 in obvious running situations. When the other team goes to 11 personnel, the Chiefs send out their Nickel CB to man the slot. In a 10 personnel or empty set, the Chiefs will bring out another safety or CB and take away a D-end (Jackson or Dorsey).

    Sorry guys, it just doesn't work. Keeping 4 linebackers out there in obvious passing situations would put us at a significant disadvantage to defend against speedier wideouts.

    Face it, Te'o is the fan favorite Heisman candidate playing in the national championship. He's a Tim Tebow that plays his position very well, if you will. He doesn't fit with the Chiefs. If want defense, draft a CB. I'll be a little upset, but at least you get a guy that's going to play 100% of the time. If you're still not convinced after this info, you're not going to be I'm just wasting my time. I'm finished w/ this subject for now.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 12-09-2012 at 12:37 AM.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

Similar Threads

  1. Blow for Geno
    By Ryfo18 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 02:56 PM
  2. Barkley To Stay At Usc!
    By Jrudi in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 06:26 PM
  3. Smith Who?
    By timsatt1 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 02:19 AM
  4. Charles Barkley just said football players are...
    By hermhater in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 02:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •