View Poll Results: Which QB would you want?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geno Smith

24 53.33%
  • Matt Barkley

9 20.00%
  • Mike Glennon

0 0%
  • Tyler Wilson

0 0%
  • Other (Specify)

12 26.67%
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

Default Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

At this point, which QB would you rather have KC draft in 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Im not a fan of taking 2 QBs in one draft. I dont think the fact that they took Kirk Cousins is what will put them in the playoffs. It is the fact that they took RG3. Cousins was a luxury pick that works in a draft that is deep in QBs. I dont think this years draft is that deep, pus we have too many holes to take what I consider luxury picks.
    Without Cousins, the Skins lose that game to Baltimore and RG3 may not be able to play this Sunday. Cousins was NOT a luxury pick. The Skins needed a pair of good QB's.

I don't care if people think there are too many holes on the Chiefs right now. The biggest hole is the QB position and they have to first start there.

Every QB that they have drafted since 1970 has been a BUST. They need to double-dip in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Without Cousins, the Skins lose that game to Baltimore and RG3 may not be able to play this Sunday. Cousins was NOT a luxury pick. The Skins needed a pair of good QB's.

I don't care if people think there are too many holes on the Chiefs right now. The biggest hole is the QB position and they have to first start there.

Every QB that they have drafted since 1970 has been a BUST. They need to double-dip in this draft.
    Pioli knew casels contract was coming up Brodie only signed a yr deal. He had to have known last years draft class was loaded with qb talent. A-he's an idiot to no see it ,B-he has zero ability to evaluate QB talent or C a little of both. Pioli sticking around means, to me anyway, no addressing of the qb via the draft . He probably still thinks Stanzi is our guy.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Im not a fan of taking 2 QBs in one draft. I dont think the fact that they took Kirk Cousins is what will put them in the playoffs. It is the fact that they took RG3. Cousins was a luxury pick that works in a draft that is deep in QBs. I dont think this years draft is that deep, pus we have too many holes to take what I consider luxury picks.
    This QB class isnt necessarily any weaker than any class in the past decade (minues last years class).

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    No thanks. Ta'o + Wilson sounds MUCH better than Smith + gang signs.
    ....Can't tell if trolling, or stupid......

I have had it with all the gang sign references to Geno. Old and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    ....Can't tell if trolling, or stupid......
    Knock it off. Name-calling doesn't become you - or anyone else who stoops to your level. My opinion of Geno is just that - an opinion. If he turns out to be another RGlll - great - I hope he's on our team. If he turns out to be another Jamarcus Russell - well, I guess everybody else on this site but myself and a couple others are - to use your terminology - trolling or stupid.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Knock it off. Name-calling doesn't become you - or anyone else who stoops to your level. My opinion of Geno is just that - an opinion. If he turns out to be another RGlll - great - I hope he's on our team. If he turns out to be another Jamarcus Russell - well, I guess everybody else on this site but myself and a couple others are - to use your terminology - trolling or stupid.
    Sorry man, nothing personal it's a meme: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...jpg?1307463786

I'm just always surprised when people would rather draft Teo than draft what would likely be a franchise QB for 10+ years.

Sorry man, nothing personal it's a meme: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...jpg?1307463786

I'm just always surprised when people would rather draft Teo than draft what would likely be a franchise QB for 10+ years.
    How can two franchise type players, ie-t'eo and Tyler Wilson, not entice you. Where as Geno, is an immature qb who folded under pressure be someone we have to have. Did you watch the kstate game he played in. He looked like a most puppy out there. Where as te'o has stood up to the test against top tier talent and won....every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I have had it with all the gang sign references to Geno. Old and stupid.

Maybe old and stupid but it goes to show that he doesn't have the ability to handle pressure well, coming into this organization and its current state we need someone with mental fortitude.

Seriously we want someone that acts like tamarick vanover, bam Morris, and act like a thug.....really?

its because most draft experts are not calling geno a franchise qb, even though many mocks have us picking him #1, just like they had us taking tyson jackson at #3 did not make him the best pick at #3
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

I am surprised that people say Draft QB no matter what. Now, I am not saying I don't agree with you, but if the Chiefs do not feel that Geno Smith or Barkley is that franchise QB for the next 10+ years, I would rather they take a shot on taking the guy they are sure on.

If the Chiefs draft a QB like J. Russel QB and hold on to him for three years just because he is the #1 over all pick and waiting for him to become what he may never be could hurt this team for years to come. I would rather draft the next Ray Lewis to QB the defense for the next 10+ year and take a flyer on a QB in later rounds.

This being said, there is nothing saying Tae will be another Ray Lewis vs Aaron Curry or Rolando McClain so taking a shot at the QB being a bust over LB in my opinion is the way to go.

That being said, people who would rather take Tae need to get rid of the BEST Value of the first over all pick mentality. If Geno Smith or any other QB is the guy the Chiefs feel could be the franchise guy for years. You take him #1 regardless of him being the 8th overall value in the draft. 8 spots is not much of a reach.