View Poll Results: Which QB would you want?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geno Smith

    24 53.33%
  • Matt Barkley

    9 20.00%
  • Mike Glennon

    0 0%
  • Tyler Wilson

    0 0%
  • Other (Specify)

    12 26.67%
Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 372

Thread: Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley


    0 Not allowed!
    At this point, which QB would you rather have KC draft in 2013?

  2. #291
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am surprised that people say Draft QB no matter what. Now, I am not saying I don't agree with you, but if the Chiefs do not feel that Geno Smith or Barkley is that franchise QB for the next 10+ years, I would rather they take a shot on taking the guy they are sure on.

    If the Chiefs draft a QB like J. Russel QB and hold on to him for three years just because he is the #1 over all pick and waiting for him to become what he may never be could hurt this team for years to come. I would rather draft the next Ray Lewis to QB the defense for the next 10+ year and take a flyer on a QB in later rounds.

    This being said, there is nothing saying Tae will be another Ray Lewis vs Aaron Curry or Rolando McClain so taking a shot at the QB being a bust over LB in my opinion is the way to go.

    That being said, people who would rather take Tae need to get rid of the BEST Value of the first over all pick mentality. If Geno Smith or any other QB is the guy the Chiefs feel could be the franchise guy for years. You take him #1 regardless of him being the 8th overall value in the draft. 8 spots is not much of a reach.
    Great post.

    There's a lot of risk in this draft. But if Geno or Wilson (or even Barkley) pans out in this league, that is the best pick the Chiefs can make, bar none. It's impossible to know now, unfortunately.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  3. #292
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    How can two franchise type players, ie-t'eo and Tyler Wilson, not entice you. Where as Geno, is an immature qb who folded under pressure be someone we have to have. Did you watch the kstate game he played in. He looked like a most puppy out there. Where as te'o has stood up to the test against top tier talent and won....every single time.


    Yet you want Tyler Wilson who didn't play well and lost to Louisiana Monroe.

  4. #293
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,050
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 449
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am surprised that people say Draft QB no matter what. Now, I am not saying I don't agree with you, but if the Chiefs do not feel that Geno Smith or Barkley is that franchise QB for the next 10+ years, I would rather they take a shot on taking the guy they are sure on.

    If the Chiefs draft a QB like J. Russel QB and hold on to him for three years just because he is the #1 over all pick and waiting for him to become what he may never be could hurt this team for years to come. I would rather draft the next Ray Lewis to QB the defense for the next 10+ year and take a flyer on a QB in later rounds.

    This being said, there is nothing saying Tae will be another Ray Lewis vs Aaron Curry or Rolando McClain so taking a shot at the QB being a bust over LB in my opinion is the way to go.

    That being said, people who would rather take Tae need to get rid of the BEST Value of the first over all pick mentality. If Geno Smith or any other QB is the guy the Chiefs feel could be the franchise guy for years. You take him #1 regardless of him being the 8th overall value in the draft. 8 spots is not much of a reach.
    I agree. To draft Teo he would have to REALLY Stand out through workouts and everything over everyone else. All I'm saying is right now at this point there's not really any guy who really stands out as THE GUY. SO we have to look at all our Options with our pick. Teo included

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Great post.

    There's a lot of risk in this draft. But if Geno or Wilson (or even Barkley) pans out in this league, that is the best pick the Chiefs can make, bar none. It's impossible to know now, unfortunately.
    And that's why we have to look at ALL options. We just don't know what's going to happen through workouts and all the other pre draft stuff. If Geno Stands out HELL YA draft him of course. But if he doesn't and someone like teo does. Draft the guy that STANDS out. If it's close go with the QB. But don't ignore anyone
    ​BAN ROY


  5. #294
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    And that's why we have to look at ALL options. We just don't know what's going to happen through workouts and all the other pre draft stuff. If Geno Stands out HELL YA draft him of course. But if he doesn't and someone like teo does. Draft the guy that STANDS out. If it's close go with the QB. But don't ignore anyone
    We've been saying the same thing this entire time, I just am trying to look ahead and believe Geno shoots up draft boards. Wilson too.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  6. #295
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,050
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 449
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    We've been saying the same thing this entire time, I just am trying to look ahead and believe Geno shoots up draft boards. Wilson too.
    I have no problem with you saying that. I honestly hope a QB I don't care which one really stands out when all the workouts start.

    But I think you and My man have said 2 different things as he has flat out said to ignore Teo I just don't think we can ignore anyone.
    ​BAN ROY


  7. #296
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I have no problem with you saying that. I honestly hope a QB I don't care which one really stands out when all the workouts start.

    But I think you and My man have said 2 different things as he has flat out said to ignore Teo I just don't think we can ignore anyone.
    Right, so I'm just trying to "predict" as I love doing that when it comes to the NFL draft. It's my favorite part about it.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  8. #297
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,786
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Yet you want Tyler Wilson who didn't play well and lost to Louisiana Monroe.
    Petrino scandal killed him. Petrino stays they are probably in the national championship hunt. Goes to show you the importance of a head coach. He was also injured inter Louisiana Monroe game.

  9. #298
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,028
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I personally like Aaron Murray from Georgia. Not sure if he will come out or not, but he could be second to third round option that will need a year or two. He could be picked up as a back up possible solution if other options fail.

  10. #299
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    How can two franchise type players, ie-t'eo and Tyler Wilson, not entice you. Where as Geno, is an immature qb who folded under pressure be someone we have to have. Did you watch the kstate game he played in. He looked like a most puppy out there. Where as te'o has stood up to the test against top tier talent and won....every single time.
    The things is that we don't need another linebacker, let alone at #1. Im not saying he isn't going to be a great player at the pro level, but we desperately need a QB, and we're in position to take one.

  11. #300
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    The things is that we don't need another linebacker, let alone at #1. Im not saying he isn't going to be a great player at the pro level, but we desperately need a QB, and we're in position to take one.



    :bowdown:


    For the love of god, can we just take the best qb on the board. Please.

    I have had to sit through (and personally opposed) fat scott being here for 4 seasons, Thomas Jones, Thomas Jones v 2.0 (Hillis), releasing Carr and signing Routt, Matt Cassel, Brian Daboll, Tyson Jackson, Alex Magee, Javier Arenas, not drafting a single worthy starting CB or WR in the 4 seasons fat scott has been here, Jon Baldwin, Newsome, Copper, Brady Quinn, Ricky Stanzi, and the list goes on and on.

    Enough. I want a qb. The best qb this draft has to offer.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 12-14-2012 at 03:51 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Blow for Geno
    By Ryfo18 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 03:56 PM
  2. Barkley To Stay At Usc!
    By Jrudi in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 07:26 PM
  3. Smith Who?
    By timsatt1 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 03:19 AM
  4. Charles Barkley just said football players are...
    By hermhater in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 03:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •