View Poll Results: Which QB would you want?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geno Smith

24 53.33%
  • Matt Barkley

9 20.00%
  • Mike Glennon

0 0%
  • Tyler Wilson

0 0%
  • Other (Specify)

12 26.67%
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

Default Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

At this point, which QB would you rather have KC draft in 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Because the better teams we play will be passing the ball a lot more, thus limiting our 3/4 base sets.
    Everything I have read on him is he has drastically improved his coverage skills. Teams tried throwing on him to no avail. If he isn't the BPA then take the CB from Bama. There will still be opportunity for a qb of the same talent as smith in the late first early second. Pick 33 is like another 1rnd pick, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    we run a 3-4 Defense, that means we use 4 linebackers and now only have 3. we can also just pick the best player available, may not be teo, probably won't be a QB. do you truly believe we are only a QB away from a division title??
    if that is the casewe should use all of our picks on QB's and hope we find the "ONE"
    The 4th linebacker comes off the field whenever a 3rd WR is brought onto the field. Te'o can't cover shifty slot WRs. He'd play about 50% of the snaps a game.

Plus I have not seen one big board have Te'o at #1 overall (most have him at 5th or higher). He's out of the question because A.) he is not a fit, and B.) he's not the BPA. He is a flashy, sexy pick because he was a Heisman candidate and his team is playing for the national championship. Doesn't make him the best player available for us.

Geno is in the question because he is a definite fit. As would be Tyler Wilson. We need a QB, not a friggin half-time linebacker.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 12-15-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Okay forget Te'o you convinced us we don't need him, what about a CB or SS or DL or OL (we might be losing our LT that no one thought was any good a couple of years ago)? If a QB does not step up between now and the draft you want to reach for one even if he ends up like J Russell instead of the best player available at our pick? Look at how that pick has screwed our favorite team to hate.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Okay forget Te'o you convinced us we don't need him, what about a CB or SS or DL or OL (we might be losing our LT that no one thought was any good a couple of years ago)? If a QB does not step up between now and the draft you want to reach for one even if he ends up like J Russell instead of the best player available at our pick? Look at how that pick has screwed our favorite team to hate.
    I agree. I think if a QB doesn't stand out you give serious thought to Star Lotulelei, who is versatile enough to play anywhere on the D-line. CB Dee Milliner is another possibility out of Alabama.

I think Stephenson has played very well and he can take over at LT. He held his own vs Dumervil and Von Miller in the Donks game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I agree. I think if a QB doesn't stand out you give serious thought to Star Lotulelei, who is versatile enough to play anywhere on the D-line. CB Dee Milliner is another possibility out of Alabama.

I think Stephenson has played very well and he can take over at LT. He held his own vs Dumervil and Von Miller in the Donks game.
    I agree but I think critics are gonna say he hasn't had to pass block much do to how one dimensional we are, I don't agree. What are the odds that we can trade out of thie first pick? Is that LT from A and M worth a move up for a team in need.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    :bowdown:

For the love of god, can we just take the best qb on the board. Please.

I have had to sit through (and personally opposed) fat scott being here for 4 seasons, Thomas Jones, Thomas Jones v 2.0 (Hillis), releasing Carr and signing Routt, Matt Cassel, Brian Daboll, Tyson Jackson, Alex Magee, Javier Arenas, not drafting a single worthy starting CB or WR in the 4 seasons fat scott has been here, Jon Baldwin, Newsome, Copper, Brady Quinn, Ricky Stanzi, and the list goes on and on.

Enough. I want a qb. The best qb this draft has to offer.
    We had zero chance of getting Carr. Dallas is who he grew up watching and was his dream to be a cowboy, he wasn't staying in KC.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    We had zero chance of getting Carr. Dallas is who he grew up watching and was his dream to be a cowboy, he wasn't staying in KC.

It really wouldn't of been a huge deal if Pioli could of legitimately drafted good talent or brought in the proper FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18;273657[B
    ]The 4th linebacker comes off the field whenever a 3rd WR is brought onto the field. Te'o can't cover shifty slot WRs. He'd play about 50% of the snaps a game.[/B]

Plus I have not seen one big board have Te'o at #1 overall (most have him at 5th or higher). He's out of the question because A.) he is not a fit, and B.) he's not the BPA. He is a flashy, sexy pick because he was a Heisman candidate and his team is playing for the national championship. Doesn't make him the best player available for us.

Geno is in the question because he is a definite fit. As would be Tyler Wilson. We need a QB, not a friggin half-time linebacker.

What do you base this on his position. Can you completely rule out they would use him in a different spot then what Noter Dame does?

Everyone saying he's not a fit is basing there judgement off what we have today. This team has SO many questions going forward. New GM? New Head Coach? Who's that coach? What will that coach and Gm do with the current players? If a player is good enough a good head coach can find a way to use him. Is Teo good enough for that? I don't know you don't know. We have to look. LB might not be a need right now but as bad as we have been this year means theres a good chance of some BIG time changes being made. It's just to short sighted to rule anything or anyone out at this point.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    What do you base this on his position. Can you completely rule out they would use him in a different spot then what Noter Dame does?

Everyone saying he's not a fit is basing there judgement off what we have today. This team has SO many questions going forward. New GM? New Head Coach? Who's that coach? What will that coach and Gm do with the current players? If a player is good enough a good head coach can find a way to use him. Is Teo good enough for that? I don't know you don't know. We have to look. LB might not be a need right now but as bad as we have been this year means theres a good chance of some BIG time changes being made. It's just to short sighted to rule anything or anyone out at this point.
    Well DJ is signed through 2015. There's no questions to answer. Whoever the 4th LB is in the Chiefs 3-4 is going to come off the field in passing situations, otherwise you're putting yourself in a disadvantageous situation personnel wise before you even snap the ball.

If they switch to a 4-3? Even less of a need for him.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I agree but I think critics are gonna say he hasn't had to pass block much do to how one dimensional we are, I don't agree. What are the odds that we can trade out of thie first pick? Is that LT from A and M worth a move up for a team in need.
    I don't see the need to draft a LT personally with Stephenson in there...Who knows, they may franchise Albert too.