View Poll Results: Which QB would you want?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geno Smith

24 53.33%
  • Matt Barkley

9 20.00%
  • Mike Glennon

0 0%
  • Tyler Wilson

0 0%
  • Other (Specify)

12 26.67%
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

Default Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

At this point, which QB would you rather have KC draft in 2013?

Okay you guys convinced us you are correct, no Te'o, so lets get over him. NO TE'O OKAY!

But just because we need a QB is no reason to jump on one just because he is a QB, if all the scouts, coaches, talking heads and GM's say one QB is not worth any pick before the 25th do you still want to jump on one with the first pick?

What we are saying is to look at the best player available in a position of need (and just say no to Te'o) and yes we need a QB we agree with you. We are not obsessing with one player like some are (Geno). Now if Geno moves up the draft board in the post season games and workouts we are fine with drafting him but if he doesn't, then move on with someone else (CB, OL, DL, WR all needs, just one rated in the top 5) and look for a QB somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Okay you guys convinced us you are correct, no Te'o, so lets get over him. NO TE'O OKAY!

But just because we need a QB is no reason to jump on one just because he is a QB, if all the scouts, coaches, talking heads and GM's say one QB is not worth any pick before the 25th do you still want to jump on one with the first pick?

What we are saying is to look at the best player available in a position of need (and just say no to Te'o) and yes we need a QB we agree with you. We are not obsessing with one player like some are (Geno). Now if Geno moves up the draft board in the post season games and workouts we are fine with drafting him but if he doesn't, then move on with someone else (CB, OL, DL, WR all needs, just one rated in the top 5) and look for a QB somewhere else.
    Geno is the top QB in the draft and a top 10 pick across the board. No reason to settle for 2nd best when we have the opportunity to get him AND a huge need.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Geno is the top QB in the draft and a top 10 pick across the board. No reason to settle for 2nd best when we have the opportunity to get him AND a huge need.
    From WalterFootball:
    I should add that if the Chiefs do sign a veteran, they'll likely spend their second-round pick on N.C. State's Mike Glennon. I've heard from a very reliable source that Pioli really likes Glennon. Mel Kiper, by the way, stated that Glennon could be the first signal-caller off the board, so maybe the Wolfpack product will be the quarterback who rises to the top of the draft.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    First of all it is almost 6 months before the draft and no one is really in the top 10 yet because it is going to change many times between now and then and we are arguing as if it is tomorrow. Yes there are people right now rated in the top 10 but they will change around.

Most rating systems have Barkley before Smith right now but I am not going to get excited about any one player this far before the combine and I think we all just need to cool it for a few months. It is great to listen to people but to get all wrapped up in one person (Geno) this far is foolish (he could get injured and have to stop playing FB between now and then)

In my opinion,Geno smith.Isnt to far from being a RH3.Maybe not quite as polished,but I think he has plenty of potential.Please ,please no matt Barkley.Geno has a hell of a strong arm.loves the film room.He will be alot better than any of the two turds we have in here.I think also,Stanzi isnt getting a fair shake.Pioli doenst want to put him in,then stanzi catches fire,then guess what Pioli looks like a fool.That is my opinion on why Stanzi hasnt played.For one he can't play much worse than the other two clown.There arent any other Qbs in the league as bad as Cassel and Quinn.Pioli's *** better be fired.Dam fool,I knew cassel sucked when he came to K.C. and pioli rammed him down are throats.Pioli doenst know talent,im sorry.Belichick biult New England.You see New England is still fine and the Chiefs haven't done anything but get worse.Don't let the door hit ya,were the good lord split ya,Egoli

Quote Originally Posted by kckidd8870 View Post
    In my opinion,Geno smith.Isnt to far from being a RH3.Maybe not quite as polished,but I think he has plenty of potential.Please ,please no matt Barkley.Geno has a hell of a strong arm.loves the film room.He will be alot better than any of the two turds we have in here.I think also,Stanzi isnt getting a fair shake.Pioli doenst want to put him in,then stanzi catches fire,then guess what Pioli looks like a fool.That is my opinion on why Stanzi hasnt played.For one he can't play much worse than the other two clown.There arent any other Qbs in the league as bad as Cassel and Quinn.Pioli's *** better be fired.Dam fool,I knew cassel sucked when he came to K.C. and pioli rammed him down are throats.Pioli doenst know talent,im sorry.Belichick biult New England.You see New England is still fine and the Chiefs haven't done anything but get worse.Don't let the door hit ya,were the good lord split ya,Egoli

i don't know about RH3 but he is miles from RGIII. i watched both their college games and there is a significant difference. i was one of the first who touted geno as the next RGIII after the baylor game. i have watched 3 of his games since and he just did not look near as good, in fact he looked average at best.

i like the Best Buy analogy w/a twist. if you really feel you want a 52" TV and Best Buy has one that is usually $1599.95 but they are sold out and you would have to pay $1999.95 for it from walmart, yet Best Buy has a 50" TV regular $1399.95 on sale for $999.95 where is the best value???

fyi geno is the 52" and the next best QB is the 50"
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

geno smith first 4 games
    134 comp 168 att 80% 1673 yds 418yds/game 20 td o int
    next 7 games
    184 comp 308 att 60% 2008yds 287yds/gm 16tds 6 int

Which Geno will we be getting the super star of the first 4 games or the a little above average QB of the last 7
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Geno in the first, Landry Jones in the second and fill up the o-lines with the rest of the draft, big pass blocking o-liners... and with Stanzi we have a young cast of QBs, if they don't work draft another QB next year as coach has mentioned.

We need a top level QB as of RIGHT NOW I think.

Okay, the poll has been reopened with some added options.