View Poll Results: Which QB would you want?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geno Smith

24 53.33%
  • Matt Barkley

9 20.00%
  • Mike Glennon

0 0%
  • Tyler Wilson

0 0%
  • Other (Specify)

12 26.67%
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

Default Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

At this point, which QB would you rather have KC draft in 2013?

So you guys (excluding Ryfo of course, he is the only one who makes sense to me) would rather draft a linebacker, who isn't even made out to be a phenominal player by scouts, for a position we don't even need instead of taking a position or even positions in the first round we desperately need.

I am just making sure I understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I am 100% positive that Te'o would play about the same number of snaps. He's talented, but he's not going to cover a slot WR is he? Hell no. That's just ridiculous to even consider. So do you take out Derrick Johnson, who is a very solid cover LBer? Do you take out a pass rusher in Hali or Houston?

I've studied the Chiefs schemes. They stay in a base 3-4 in obvious running situations. When the other team goes to 11 personnel, the Chiefs send out their Nickel CB to man the slot. In a 10 personnel or empty set, the Chiefs will bring out another safety or CB and take away a D-end (Jackson or Dorsey).

Sorry guys, it just doesn't work. Keeping 4 linebackers out there in obvious passing situations would put us at a significant disadvantage to defend against speedier wideouts.

Face it, Te'o is the fan favorite Heisman candidate playing in the national championship. He's a Tim Tebow that plays his position very well, if you will. He doesn't fit with the Chiefs. If want defense, draft a CB. I'll be a little upset, but at least you get a guy that's going to play 100% of the time. If you're still not convinced after this info, you're not going to be I'm just wasting my time. I'm finished w/ this subject for now.

Exactly, this is just a beautiful post that says everything that needs to be said. He would not even be out there on most third downs, never could he cover a slot WR or a multi purpose back.

If we don't try for the best qb available say hello to more mediocre to bad years.

Get a good CB and draft Barkley in the first round is my vote.

I can see not taking Te'o but on the other hand I can see not taking a QB with the first pick unless there one that pulls away from the other QB that should be drafted 1st. If a QB comes in at a top 5 pick in most mock drafts I would be okay taking one with the 1st, but if there is no QB rated in the first 10 picks we should pick the BPA in a position of need, I don't think we need a offensive lineman, maybe a DT, but we need some more DBs, I don't really want to spend another 1st on a WR.

This is what we need:

QB, CB as well as CB depth, WR, RB (To compliment JC)

We have 3 potential/current pro bowl LB, we don't need to draft another one.

It's this same conservative thinking, taking the "safe pick" that bit us in the *** the past 4 seasons! Not only in the draft but in FA, you have TO TAKE SOME RISK. For god's sakes we have to realize this. Teo is clearly looked upon as a "safe pick." Why? He is hard working, disciplined, and will probably be a solid nfl player.

It's time to pull the trigger.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 12-09-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18;273199[B
    ]I am 100% positive that Te'o would play about the same number of snaps. [/B] He's talented, but he's not going to cover a slot WR is he? Hell no. That's just ridiculous to even consider. So do you take out Derrick Johnson, who is a very solid cover LBer? Do you take out a pass rusher in Hali or Houston?

I've studied the Chiefs schemes. They stay in a base 3-4 in obvious running situations. When the other team goes to 11 personnel, the Chiefs send out their Nickel CB to man the slot. In a 10 personnel or empty set, the Chiefs will bring out another safety or CB and take away a D-end (Jackson or Dorsey).

Sorry guys, it just doesn't work. Keeping 4 linebackers out there in obvious passing situations would put us at a significant disadvantage to defend against speedier wideouts.

Face it, Te'o is the fan favorite Heisman candidate playing in the national championship. He's a Tim Tebow that plays his position very well, if you will. He doesn't fit with the Chiefs. If want defense, draft a CB. I'll be a little upset, but at least you get a guy that's going to play 100% of the time. If you're still not convinced after this info, you're not going to be I'm just wasting my time. I'm finished w/ this subject for now.

That might be in your mind but not in the real game. Why? Because number of snaps what his role would be and what we would use him for are all decisions that are made by the head coach. So like I said unless you've been told that you're the guy you can't possibly say that for sure. No one possibly can. That's a fact not an opinion we don't no who the head coach will be if there's even going to be a change or not. You can't tell me you no what his role will be you're not the one that's going to be making the call. If we have a new head coach then our defense will no doubt change. You can move players to other positions it happens in the NFL. Unless you know that you're going to be the head you don't know what his role would be it's that simple.

And again I'm not saying we have to take him. I'm not saying that he would be the best choice I'm saying we can't just ignore him with what he did. Lets just say for the sake of arguement that Brady Quinn goes out the last few games and lights it up really looks like a franchise QB (I'm not saying it will happen I'm just saying what it) can we afford to ignore Geno because "we have bigger needs"? Hell no we have to look at all options is all I'm saying.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    So you guys (excluding Ryfo of course, he is the only one who makes sense to me) would rather draft a linebacker, who isn't even made out to be a phenominal player by scouts, for a position we don't even need instead of taking a position or even positions in the first round we desperately need.

I am just making sure I understand this.
    I won't speak for anyone else but what I'm saying is that Teo has done really good things with the Irish that we can't afford just to ignore him as a possible pick. I really don't care what Scouts say. They have been wrong MANY times before I go by what I see in games and I saw a guy who just made plays time and time again. You can't ignore that.

This is what we need:

QB, CB as well as CB depth, WR, RB (To compliment JC)

We have 3 potential/current pro bowl LB, we don't need to draft another one.

It's this same conservative thinking, taking the "safe pick" that bit us in the *** the past 4 seasons! Not only in the draft but in FA, you have TO TAKE SOME RISK. For god's sakes we have to realize this. Teo is clearly looked upon as a "safe pick." Why? He is hard working, disciplined, and will probably be a solid nfl player.

It's time to pull the trigger.
    Those guys won't be around forever. Looking at things in just the here and now is not a good way to look at things. And like I said Great players find a way to make an impact on the game. They don't get limited by position. If Teo can be a great player then again we just can't ignore him. We can get good QBs elsewhere It doesn't have to be the first pick. This draft doesn't have 1 STAND OUT QB who you must have. You can still take him and help you're QB spot in a lot of ways. Trade free agent other draft picks you make it sound like we only have 1 way to upgrade other spots. There are many ways to do so.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Well apparently DJ and Flowers are mysteriously out this week.

THIS

3?! Are you kidding me?! Luck, Newton, Bradford, Stafford, Ryan, Manning are all sure fire franchise QBs.
    Newton, Bradford, Stafford - No thanks.
    SHUT IT

Is there a reason that both Geno Smith and Matt Barkley failed to make even the top 10 of Heisman voting this year?
    SHUT IT

Exactly, this is just a beautiful post that says everything that needs to be said. He would not even be out there on most third downs, never could he cover a slot WR or a multi purpose back.

If we don't try for the best qb available say hello to more mediocre to bad years.

Get a good CB and draft Barkley in the first round is my vote.
    Walterfootball.com rates all the positions. Says that if petrino had remained in Arkansas Tyler Wilson would likely have been a Heisman hopeful. There isn't much drop off between him and smith. Has good arm strength, accuracy, good mobility and reads defenses well.

Also says that manti te'o will be a 3 down linebacker. He is fast can cover tight ends which has been our Achilles heel on defense tight ends destroy us.

I'm cool with a cb and qb. We need to draft the BPA. IMO I have confidence that te'o will be at the top of most draft Oates, but that's my opinion. If its a corner so be it but there IS NOT a ton of talent lost between smith and the next two qbs taken, once again my opinion. Notice how I am not saying your scenario is stupid or ignorant. You have yours and I have mine. Hopefully we just don't screw it up. How bout this BPA and a qb is better value than smith and our 2nd. I say te'o and Wilson and u say that Bama CB and Barkley. IMO I like both of those scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Is there a reason that both Geno Smith and Matt Barkley failed to make even the top 10 of Heisman voting this year?
    As soon as his schedule was a little tough, big 12 football is down this year, dude fell off the pedestal hard. After the Baylor game he was the front runner.

Notre dame has played Oklahoma, USC, Stanford, Michigan, Michigan state. Top tier teams and helped hold the Oklahoma spooners to 13 yards rushing, 13 YARDS.

The fact that people aren't willing to say he is a difference maker is being hypocritical. I don't see smith being the great qb ryfo thinks he will be and he obviously doesn't think te'o is special although his defense, which he is the qb of has been dominant game in game out.