View Poll Results: Which QB would you want?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geno Smith

    24 53.33%
  • Matt Barkley

    9 20.00%
  • Mike Glennon

    0 0%
  • Tyler Wilson

    0 0%
  • Other (Specify)

    12 26.67%
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 372

Thread: Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley


    0 Not allowed!
    At this point, which QB would you rather have KC draft in 2013?

  2. #331
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,772
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 403
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Well DJ is signed through 2015. There's no questions to answer. Whoever the 4th LB is in the Chiefs 3-4 is going to come off the field in passing situations, otherwise you're putting yourself in a disadvantageous situation personnel wise before you even snap the ball.

    If they switch to a 4-3? Even less of a need for him.
    There's a lot of questions to answer. Tell me how you know for sure that the coach Romeo or whoever is the coach will want to use him the same exact way that Noter Dame has? How do you know a Coach couldn't find a way to use him in those passing situations. He has shown a talent for finding a way to make plays in the passing game 7 picks (again more then twice what anyone on this team has in 1 less game) It's possible


    I'm just not a believer that you only draft for need. That's IMO a big reason why we are in the mess that we are. We have bypassed so many great players in drafts to draft for need in the past. Now when the players that we had at those areas have retired or moved on in someway or anther we are seeing what happens. I go back to the Packers Aaron Rodgers QB was not there need at that time they could have said Farve will do us anther year we can get a QB next year. They didn't and now they are seeing the reward for it.

    I would agree that you should give priority to the needs but we have to look at all options. You're limiting Teo to just the position he plays. There have been many players who have changed positions are have been used differently then they were in college and done well. You're also limiting us to that 1st pick. We could draft Teo then later in the first round trade up and get a QB we could get Teo AND fill that need. There are so many things we can do. We HAVE TO LOOK AT HIM. He's been to good in college to ignore.
    ​Fire Roy

  3. #332
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    There's a lot of questions to answer. Tell me how you know for sure that the coach Romeo or whoever is the coach will want to use him the same exact way that Noter Dame has? How do you know a Coach couldn't find a way to use him in those passing situations. He has shown a talent for finding a way to make plays in the passing game 7 picks (again more then twice what anyone on this team has in 1 less game) It's possible


    I'm just not a believer that you only draft for need. That's IMO a big reason why we are in the mess that we are. We have bypassed so many great players in drafts to draft for need in the past. Now when the players that we had at those areas have retired or moved on in someway or anther we are seeing what happens. I go back to the Packers Aaron Rodgers QB was not there need at that time they could have said Farve will do us anther year we can get a QB next year. They didn't and now they are seeing the reward for it.

    I would agree that you should give priority to the needs but we have to look at all options. You're limiting Teo to just the position he plays. There have been many players who have changed positions are have been used differently then they were in college and done well. You're also limiting us to that 1st pick. We could draft Teo then later in the first round trade up and get a QB we could get Teo AND fill that need. There are so many things we can do. We HAVE TO LOOK AT HIM. He's been to good in college to ignore.
    We have had many picks that were not drafted for need. Our offensive line was bad for a long time and it finally took Pioli to upgrade at the RT position (Which wasn't a draft pick) 3 years after he started. The same goes for WR position, his first "starting calibur" WR draft pick was in 2011. He used the third pick in the entire draft in 2009 to draft a 3/4 DE, not exactly an impact position.

    In this draft we can kill 2 birds with one stone, draft a franchise qb and fill the biggest need position of them all. This is why you take the qb, not someone who already has a good MLB. Let's not play dumb here and say "well we dont know how they are going to use him." No, enough of that, logic tells us he would go off the field in passing situations, it would be either DJ or him. I personally don't think Te'o would be a big step up from DJ, but I think Geno or Barkley would be a huge step up from quinn. I think that is the reason we go with the QB.

  4. #333
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,772
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 403
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    We have had many picks that were not drafted for need. Our offensive line was bad for a long time and it finally took Pioli to upgrade at the RT position (Which wasn't a draft pick) 3 years after he started. The same goes for WR position, his first "starting calibur" WR draft pick was in 2011. He used the third pick in the entire draft in 2009 to draft a 3/4 DE, not exactly an impact position.

    In this draft we can kill 2 birds with one stone, draft a franchise qb and fill the biggest need position of them all. This is why you take the qb, not someone who already has a good MLB. Let's not play dumb here and say "well we dont know how they are going to use him." No, enough of that, logic tells us he would go off the field in passing situations, it would be either DJ or him. I personally don't think Te'o would be a big step up from DJ, but I think Geno or Barkley would be a huge step up from quinn. I think that is the reason we go with the QB.

    It's not playing dumb to say that it's fact. Stop trying to be Mr. Know it all you're not

    You yourself this offseason told me Mccluster wouldn't play they couldn't use him since Charles is back. He's 2nd on this team in catches. . Guess what. YOU WERE WRONG about that. They found a way to use him. COACHES DO THAT. You're not an NFL head coach you won't be the head coach of this team next year. You can't know how they would possibly use him. That can't be argued it's a fact.
    ​Fire Roy

  5. #334
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,778
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I don't see the need to draft a LT personally with Stephenson in there...Who knows, they may franchise Albert too.
    I don't know of a scenarios that would enables us to trade the number one so we can add a cpl more picks for the draft and still get one of the top 3 qbs. Do u think a team would trade up for the top DL or top T.

  6. #335
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I don't know of a scenarios that would enables us to trade the number one so we can add a cpl more picks for the draft and still get one of the top 3 qbs. Do u think a team would trade up for the top DL or top T.
    The only player I could see a team trading up for is Jarvis Jones. Pass rushers are in popular demand these days, but still, I don't see any team trading all the way up to #1 to grab one.

    Granted, this will all change in the coming months, but nobody stands out right now.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  7. #336
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,772
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 403
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    The only player I could see a team trading up for is Jarvis Jones. Pass rushers are in popular demand these days, but still, I don't see any team trading all the way up to #1 to grab one.

    Granted, this will all change in the coming months, but nobody stands out right now.

    I would love to get Jarvis Jones. But I don't see him going 1st either
    ​Fire Roy

  8. #337
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lewisville, TX (Dallas)
    Posts
    1,194
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Well I have perfect solution to that beat the tRaiders tomorrow and we will fall to the second pick behind them.

  9. #338
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    It's not playing dumb to say that it's fact. Stop trying to be Mr. Know it all you're not

    You yourself this offseason told me Mccluster wouldn't play they couldn't use him since Charles is back. He's 2nd on this team in catches. . Guess what. YOU WERE WRONG about that. They found a way to use him. COACHES DO THAT. You're not an NFL head coach you won't be the head coach of this team next year. You can't know how they would possibly use him. That can't be argued it's a fact.


    Wait wait wait wait, I said there is no room for him as a "speed back" and that was correct. I talked about how we drafted him as a slot WR and everyone said "Well how do you know he won't get carries?"

    Another thing, let's not pretend Mccluster is making a huge contribution, the guy is averaging less than 3 catches per game and has 1 td the whole year.

    You want to have a defensive mccluster who plays 50% of the snaps and select him with the number 1-2 pick in the draft? He better be a bad a$$ cover man then.

  10. #339
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Well I have perfect solution to that beat the tRaiders tomorrow and we will fall to the second pick behind them.

    Why would you want that?!

  11. #340
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Why would you want that?!
    Not gona lie, I still go into every week wanting the Chiefs to win...Even more so against the Raiders.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

Similar Threads

  1. Blow for Geno
    By Ryfo18 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 02:56 PM
  2. Barkley To Stay At Usc!
    By Jrudi in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 06:26 PM
  3. Smith Who?
    By timsatt1 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 02:19 AM
  4. Charles Barkley just said football players are...
    By hermhater in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 02:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •