View Poll Results: Which QB would you want?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geno Smith

    24 53.33%
  • Matt Barkley

    9 20.00%
  • Mike Glennon

    0 0%
  • Tyler Wilson

    0 0%
  • Other (Specify)

    12 26.67%
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 372

Thread: Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley


    0 Not allowed!
    At this point, which QB would you rather have KC draft in 2013?

  2. #171
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,778
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Dude, i was using Curry as an example, Teo could be a bust as well, you dont know. It's this kind of conservative thinking that leads us to losing seasons, and we have been losing for too long.
    Dude it's not conservative. If all the qbs or at least the top 4 are all picked to go mid to late first round why can't we have both?????? Why can't we take the best player available and still get a qb within the same talent level as the smith. We are talking about the number 1 or number 2 pick bro. So everybody has Geno smith 10 on their draft board ur gonna put him number one when u could get a stud and then a qb of comparable talent like Tyler Wilson later in the first or early second.

  3. #172
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,767
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 402
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Yeah because every heisman candidate has never been a bust. Please.

    Chiefs Crowd still doesn't understand the need to take risk, we have to. Every super bowl champion since the 2005 season has done it. We are ABSOLUTELY FINE at the linebacker position, we don't need Teo. We need a quarterb

    I'm ok with taking risk but we have to many holes to just say ok lets draft a qb 1st round not to look at other spots. Like CB, D line, Qb should be top position we look at but if there's a higher value at anther spot we really need help in we shouldn't take a QB just to take a QB.

  4. #173
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,778
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Dude, i was using Curry as an example, Teo could be a bust as well, you dont know. It's this kind of conservative thinking that leads us to losing seasons, and we have been losing for too long.
    There are more high profile busts at the qb position. Ryan leaf, Jamarcus russel, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Matt leinart. I mean come on ur gonna base a best player available selection on extraordinarily high reach, as of right now. Like I said he could wow everyone at the combine and be the sure fire number one but his season has been very up and down.

  5. #174
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I'm ok with taking risk but we have to many holes to just say ok lets draft a qb 1st round not to look at other spots. Like CB, D line, Qb should be top position we look at but if there's a higher value at anther spot we really need help in we shouldn't take a QB just to take a QB.

    This is the problem I have with your statement. You say we have many holes which is true, but you support the Teo pick. We have holes but linebacker position isn't one of them.

    We take the player that can make the most impact on our team, and in my opinion that would be the best quarterback available. Unless you want to trade up out of the second and down mid first round and draft Barkley, because he won't last in the second.

    But bottomline, we have holes to fill, why draft a player with the top pick when it isn't a need position?

  6. #175
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Dude it's not conservative. If all the qbs or at least the top 4 are all picked to go mid to late first round why can't we have both?????? Why can't we take the best player available and still get a qb within the same talent level as the smith. We are talking about the number 1 or number 2 pick bro. So everybody has Geno smith 10 on their draft board ur gonna put him number one when u could get a stud and then a qb of comparable talent like Tyler Wilson later in the first or early second.


    It is conservative, because teo is NOT A NEED POSITION.

  7. #176
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,767
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 402
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    This is the problem I have with your statement. You say we have many holes which is true, but you support the Teo pick. We have holes but linebacker position isn't one of them.

    We take the player that can make the most impact on our team, and in my opinion that would be the best quarterback available. Unless you want to trade up out of the second and down mid first round and draft Barkley, because he won't last in the second.

    But bottomline, we have holes to fill, why draft a player with the top pick when it isn't a need position?
    I support the Teo pick because to me he has clearly been the best defensive player all year. I don't think there was a clear number 1 Qb this year. I just don't see a guy out there that is at the same level at that spot that Teo is in his. I don't think Teo is a must pick but I would be ok with him. We can still get a Qb it doesn't have to be our 1st round pick. I just think if we were to end up with the 1st pick we shouldn't draft a qb unless he's clearly ahead of the other qbs in this draft I just don't see that at all.

  8. #177
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I support the Teo pick because to me he has clearly been the best defensive player all year. I don't think there was a clear number 1 Qb this year. I just don't see a guy out there that is at the same level at that spot that Teo is in his. I don't think Teo is a must pick but I would be ok with him. We can still get a Qb it doesn't have to be our 1st round pick. I just think if we were to end up with the 1st pick we shouldn't draft a qb unless he's clearly ahead of the other qbs in this draft I just don't see that at all.


    How is he the best defensive prospect? Teo is not even projected to go top 5. From multiple scouts...

    The college director said Te'o, on tape, looks like a "bigger Lofa Tatupu" who can have a Tedy Bruschi-like impact in being a player that a club can build around. And Te'o's leadership ability -- being the centerpiece in the rise of a defense that's been lacking over the past decade, and going undefeated -- won't go unnoticed in April.

    Teams throw on first and second down, so you have to be able to run and cover. You don't want liabilities in coverage in your base. I don't think he's a liability. Does he run well enough? He's not speed-deficient, but with his play speed, in covereage, there are some specific guys you'd have questions about.

    One agreement here from the evaluators is that while Kuechly might not have been the superior college player, he was a better prospect than Te'o.

    He's not even close to being a number 1 pick. I think the Bruschi comparison is perfect for him, that's exactly who he reminds me of.

    Honestly what I would do, is trade out of the pick and see if we could get the CB from Bama and Barkley mid round. I think that would be phenominal. I definitely won't be sad if we pick Geno number 1, either way I couldn't care less, as long as we get Geno or Barkley.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 12-08-2012 at 08:47 PM.

  9. #178
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,767
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 402
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    How is he the best defensive prospect? Teo is not even projected to go top 5. From multiple scouts...

    The college director said Te'o, on tape, looks like a "bigger Lofa Tatupu" who can have a Tedy Bruschi-like impact in being a player that a club can build around. And Te'o's leadership ability -- being the centerpiece in the rise of a defense that's been lacking over the past decade, and going undefeated -- won't go unnoticed in April.

    Teams throw on first and second down, so you have to be able to run and cover. You don't want liabilities in coverage in your base. I don't think he's a liability. Does he run well enough? He's not speed-deficient, but with his play speed, in covereage, there are some specific guys you'd have questions about.

    One agreement here from the evaluators is that while Kuechly might not have been the superior college player, he was a better prospect than Te'o.

    He's not even close to being a number 1 pick. I think the Bruschi comparison is perfect for him, that's exactly who he reminds me of.

    Honestly what I would do, is trade out of the pick and see if we could get the CB from Bama and Barkley mid round. I think that would be phenominal. I definitely won't be sad if we pick Geno number 1, either way I couldn't care less, as long as we get Geno or Barkley.
    I really don't pay attention to what scouts say this time of the year. I can just say he stood out more to me then any other defender. Jarvis Jones from Georgia is anther that stood out. It's just my opinion on it.

    Anther Qb i think would be ok to get later is Aaron Murrey from Georgia.

  10. #179
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Aussie this is New World Order from CP.

    Ugh, I thought for sure he was before this Belcher thing, now I am not so sure. Especially if they beat cleveland and oakland. Denver might be resting their starters for a half, so that may even be a win.

    Time for players to start faking injuries and go on IR.
    Well apparently DJ and Flowers are mysteriously out this week.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Please don't use the Heisman award as evidence that a guy will be a good NFL player. Look at this list going back to 2000:

    2011: Robert Griffin III
    2010: Cam Newton
    2009: Mark Ingram
    2008: Sam Bradford
    2007: Tim Tebow
    2006: Troy Smith
    2004: Matt Leinart
    2003: Jason WHite
    2002: Carson Palmer
    2001: Eric Crouch
    2000: Chris Weinke

    Smith's stock is not dropping. He's the top QB in this draft. He's accurate, throws a deep ball, and is athletic enough to use his feet to make plays.

    I mean, I don't get how 50% of the people on this site (at least it seems like that) DON'T want to draft THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT. The Chiefs haven't had a quarterback they drafted win a game since 1987 in Todd Blackledge. Coincidentally, they haven't drafted a 1st round quarterback since Blackledge. They haven't won a playoff game since 1993, and yet everyone is fine w/ getting a quarterback w/ less talent in the 2nd round? Is this real life? Do we really just want to continue sucking year in and year out because we continue to ignore the most important position on the field?

    I'm sorry, I just can't understand the logic of some here.

    On one hand we have a Chiefs team that has 8, yes 8 touchdown passes in 12 weeks compared to 16 interceptions.

    Then we have the fact that this team averages 15.7 points per game (2nd worst in the league next to Arizona at 15.5). They went from week 5 to week 12 and scored only 3 touchdowns.

    But yes, let's bring in a linebacker that everyone is hyping up because his team is playing in the national championship and he's a heisman candidate, and draft a quarterback later in the draft, from a pool of candidates that is admittedly "weak." That makes no sense, especially when you have the most talented option (Geno) available for your taking. Matt Ryan, by the way, also wasn't a highly coveted can't miss prospect. Do you think the Dolphins are kicking themselves for drafting Jake Long instead?

    If you don't read anything else in this post, please read this: It especially doesn't make sense to draft a linebacker because that position is increasingly being phased out as teams go more pass heavy. Think of it this way, Te'o is only going to play on obvious running situations. Why is that? Because as teams bring out 3/4 WR personnel, the Chiefs have to counter by bringing out their Nickel CB. So who do you take off the field? Pass rushers Houston/Hali? NO. Derrick Johnson? NO. Te'o won't even be a 3-down player for this defense folks!

    Geno is the closest thing to a franchise QB in this draft. There is absolutely zero reason to risk missing out on a franchise QB (a foreign term to this franchise and it's fans) so we can take a middle linebacker.


    /end rant
    THIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Because "THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT" Simply hasn't been. Look at this list of "THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT" over the past 10 years:
    David Carr
    Joey Harrington
    Eli Manning
    Carson Palmer
    Alex Smith
    Vince Young
    Jamarcus Russell
    Matt Ryan
    Mathew Stafford
    Sam Bradford
    Cam Newton
    Andrew Luck
    Out of those 12, maybe 3 stand out as franchise QB's. Do you really trust Pioli (Cassel - FAIL) to make this decision? I say NO. With the 1st pick, just draft the BPA. I don't see any Mannings, Ryans, Lucks, RG3s in this draft. If Pioli/Crennel are relieved of their duties, only then would I be open to Geno Smith.
    3?! Are you kidding me?! Luck, Newton, Bradford, Stafford, Ryan, Manning are all sure fire franchise QBs.

  11. #180
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,778
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    It is conservative, because teo is NOT A NEED POSITION.
    So getting two picks in the first round is being conservative now. Gotcha. Wow Dorsey and Jackson were picks of need and you all of a sudden want to draft for need instead of the best player available. Gotcha!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Blow for Geno
    By Ryfo18 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 02:56 PM
  2. Barkley To Stay At Usc!
    By Jrudi in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 06:26 PM
  3. Smith Who?
    By timsatt1 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 02:19 AM
  4. Charles Barkley just said football players are...
    By hermhater in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 02:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •