View Poll Results: Which QB would you want?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geno Smith

24 53.33%
  • Matt Barkley

9 20.00%
  • Mike Glennon

0 0%
  • Tyler Wilson

0 0%
  • Other (Specify)

12 26.67%
Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

Default Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

At this point, which QB would you rather have KC draft in 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    So the guy who is Heisman finalist who is the lifeblood of his team is comparable to Aaron curry?????? Really????? Secondly the stock of Geno smith and Matt Barkley are continuing to drop I have seen Geno as low as 15 and Barkley at 22. You would reach for a qb with the number 1 or 2 pick in the draft when we could get a guy who is the best athlete in draft and get a comparable qb in either the late 1st or early 2nd. We have drafted for need a lot2 of your fave picks Dorsey and Jackson because of need and not best player available.
    Please don't use the Heisman award as evidence that a guy will be a good NFL player. Look at this list going back to 2000:

2011: Robert Griffin III
    2010: Cam Newton
    2009: Mark Ingram
    2008: Sam Bradford
    2007: Tim Tebow
    2006: Troy Smith
    2004: Matt Leinart
    2003: Jason WHite
    2002: Carson Palmer
    2001: Eric Crouch
    2000: Chris Weinke

Smith's stock is not dropping. He's the top QB in this draft. He's accurate, throws a deep ball, and is athletic enough to use his feet to make plays.

I mean, I don't get how 50% of the people on this site (at least it seems like that) DON'T want to draft THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT. The Chiefs haven't had a quarterback they drafted win a game since 1987 in Todd Blackledge. Coincidentally, they haven't drafted a 1st round quarterback since Blackledge. They haven't won a playoff game since 1993, and yet everyone is fine w/ getting a quarterback w/ less talent in the 2nd round? Is this real life? Do we really just want to continue sucking year in and year out because we continue to ignore the most important position on the field?

I'm sorry, I just can't understand the logic of some here.

On one hand we have a Chiefs team that has 8, yes 8 touchdown passes in 12 weeks compared to 16 interceptions.

Then we have the fact that this team averages 15.7 points per game (2nd worst in the league next to Arizona at 15.5). They went from week 5 to week 12 and scored only 3 touchdowns.

But yes, let's bring in a linebacker that everyone is hyping up because his team is playing in the national championship and he's a heisman candidate, and draft a quarterback later in the draft, from a pool of candidates that is admittedly "weak." That makes no sense, especially when you have the most talented option (Geno) available for your taking. Matt Ryan, by the way, also wasn't a highly coveted can't miss prospect. Do you think the Dolphins are kicking themselves for drafting Jake Long instead?

If you don't read anything else in this post, please read this: It especially doesn't make sense to draft a linebacker because that position is increasingly being phased out as teams go more pass heavy. Think of it this way, Te'o is only going to play on obvious running situations. Why is that? Because as teams bring out 3/4 WR personnel, the Chiefs have to counter by bringing out their Nickel CB. So who do you take off the field? Pass rushers Houston/Hali? NO. Derrick Johnson? NO. Te'o won't even be a 3-down player for this defense folks!

Geno is the closest thing to a franchise QB in this draft. There is absolutely zero reason to risk missing out on a franchise QB (a foreign term to this franchise and it's fans) so we can take a middle linebacker.

/end rant
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 12-08-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Please don't use the Heisman award as evidence that a guy will be a good NFL player. Look at this list going back to 2000:

2011: Robert Griffin III
    2010: Cam Newton
    2009: Mark Ingram
    2008: Sam Bradford
    2007: Tim Tebow
    2006: Troy Smith
    2004: Matt Leinart
    2003: Jason WHite
    2002: Carson Palmer
    2001: Eric Crouch
    2000: Chris Weinke

Smith's stock is not dropping. He's the top QB in this draft. He's accurate, throws a deep ball, and is athletic enough to use his feet to make plays.

I mean, I don't get how 50% of the people on this site (at least it seems like that) DON'T want to draft THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT. The Chiefs haven't had a quarterback they drafted win a game since 1987 in Todd Blackledge. Coincidentally, they haven't drafted a 1st round quarterback since Blackledge. They haven't won a playoff game since 1993, and yet everyone is fine w/ getting a quarterback w/ less talent in the 2nd round? Is this real life? Do we really just want to continue sucking year in and year out because we continue to ignore the most important position on the field?

I'm sorry, I just can't understand the logic of some here.

On one hand we have a Chiefs team that has 8, yes 8 touchdown passes in 12 weeks compared to 16 interceptions.

Then we have the fact that this team averages 15.7 points per game (2nd worst in the league next to Arizona at 15.5). They went from week 5 to week 12 and scored only 3 touchdowns.

But yes, let's bring in a linebacker that everyone is hyping up because his team is playing in the national championship and he's a heisman candidate, and draft a quarterback later in the draft, from a pool of candidates that is admittedly "weak." That makes no sense, especially when you have the most talented option (Geno) available for your taking. Matt Ryan, by the way, also wasn't a highly coveted can't miss prospect. Do you think the Dolphins are kicking themselves for drafting Jake Long instead?

If you don't read anything else in this post, please read this: It especially doesn't make sense to draft a linebacker because that position is increasingly being phased out as teams go more pass heavy. Think of it this way, Te'o is only going to play on obvious running situations. Why is that? Because as teams bring out 3/4 WR personnel, the Chiefs have to counter by bringing out their Nickel CB. So who do you take off the field? Pass rushers Houston/Hali? NO. Derrick Johnson? NO. Te'o won't even be a 3-down player for this defense folks!

Geno is the closest thing to a franchise QB in this draft. There is absolutely zero reason to risk missing out on a franchise QB (a foreign term to this franchise and it's fans) so we can take a middle linebacker.

/pend rant
    I do understand the points you are making. You just aren't willing to give my opinion, which is just that, any thought. The chiefs have drafted out of need instead of taking the best player available recently. All I am saying that the possibility of getting te'o and Tyler Wilson is better than drafting Geno. The space between talent at the position isn't gonna be that different, IMO, after the combine. IMO that the qbs are gonna be bunched together. While yes Geno may well go in the top 5 but the qb picked I the latter part of the first round will have every bit of the opportunity to be a franchise qb also.

Oh and looking at your Heisman list, I am a football dumbarse apparently, but I don't see any LB on it. Or am I wrong.

From what I understand te'o has the speed and size to cover the bigger tight ends in this league which seem to kill us so I think new schemes could be created for him.

I do understand the points you are making. You just aren't willing to give my opinion, which is just that, any thought. The chiefs have drafted out of need instead of taking the best player available recently. All I am saying that the possibility of getting te'o and Tyler Wilson is better than drafting Geno. The space between talent at the position isn't gonna be that different, IMO, after the combine. IMO that the qbs are gonna be bunched together. While yes Geno may well go in the top 5 but the qb picked I the latter part of the first round will have every bit of the opportunity to be a franchise qb also.

Oh and looking at your Heisman list, I am a football dumbarse apparently, but I don't see any LB on it. Or am I wrong.
    That's fair, we're both entitled to our opinion. I'll say this, if the Chiefs are going to go defense, then they'd be better served by getting Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama. He's a top 5 prospect that plays a more important position in this pass heavy league. And he's going to be an every down player. Te'o won't be that.

That's fair, we're both entitled to our opinion. I'll say this, if the Chiefs are going to go defense, then they'd be better served by getting Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama. He's a top 5 prospect that plays a more important position in this pass heavy league. And he's going to be an every down player. Te'o won't be that.
    I am just saying take the best player whoever that may be and if its not a qb there's no need to fret we can still get one in the second.

I mean, I don't get how 50% of the people on this site (at least it seems like that) DON'T want to draft THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT.
    Because "THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT" Simply hasn't been. Look at this list of "THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT" over the past 10 years:
    David Carr
    Joey Harrington
    Eli Manning
    Carson Palmer
    Alex Smith
    Vince Young
    Jamarcus Russell
    Matt Ryan
    Mathew Stafford
    Sam Bradford
    Cam Newton
    Andrew Luck
    Out of those 12, maybe 3 stand out as franchise QB's. Do you really trust Pioli (Cassel - FAIL) to make this decision? I say NO. With the 1st pick, just draft the BPA. I don't see any Mannings, Ryans, Lucks, RG3s in this draft. If Pioli/Crennel are relieved of their duties, only then would I be open to Geno Smith.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Because "THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT" Simply hasn't been. Look at this list of "THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT" over the past 10 years:
    David Carr
    Joey Harrington
    Eli Manning
    Carson Palmer
    Alex Smith
    Vince Young
    Jamarcus Russell
    Matt Ryan
    Mathew Stafford
    Sam Bradford
    Cam Newton
    Andrew Luck
    Out of those 12, maybe 3 stand out as franchise QB's. Do you really trust Pioli (Cassel - FAIL) to make this decision? I say NO. With the 1st pick, just draft the BPA. I don't see any Mannings, Ryans, Lucks, RG3s in this draft. If Pioli/Crennel are relieved of their duties, only then would I be open to Geno Smith.
    3? I'd say there is 5 on that list that will be starters in this league for 10+ years. Luck, Newton, Stafford, Ryan, Manning. Palmer, Bradford, and Alex Smith are also better than any QB we have on the roster. So there's 4 that are true busts. That's a 66% success rate, with 5 legit top talent quarterbacks.

So the guy who is Heisman finalist who is the lifeblood of his team is comparable to Aaron curry?????? Really????? Secondly the stock of Geno smith and Matt Barkley are continuing to drop I have seen Geno as low as 15 and Barkley at 22. You would reach for a qb with the number 1 or 2 pick in the draft when we could get a guy who is the best athlete in draft and get a comparable qb in either the late 1st or early 2nd. We have drafted for need a lot2 of your fave picks Dorsey and Jackson because of need and not best player available.

Yeah because every heisman candidate has never been a bust. Please.

Chiefs Crowd still doesn't understand the need to take risk, we have to. Every super bowl champion since the 2005 season has done it. We are ABSOLUTELY FINE at the linebacker position, we don't need Teo. We need a quarterb
    Last edited by MyManHali; 12-08-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    David Carr
    Joey Harrington
    Eli Manning
    Carson Palmer
    Alex Smith
    Vince Young
    Jamarcus Russell
    Matt Ryan
    Mathew Stafford
    Sam Bradford
    Cam Newton
    Andrew Luck

Most of the successful teams in the NFL have qb's drafted in the first round. It's time we take that step. You want to keep playing it safe like we have been doing the past 4 seasons? It is why we are 2-10

The only thing manti and Aaron have in common is that they both won the dick Butkus award. Manti has won just about every award a defensive player can win and is likely to finish second or maybe even with the Heisman.

But Geno "the football need" smith who is a student of the game likes to throw gang signs and taunt from the sidelines. Yeah give him a fat contract it won't get to his head. Does Geno have more upside than manti u bet but until he proves me wrong at the combine, which he will have to throw at I will have my reservations. Last years qb class was so deep a lot of them didn't have to throw. So no Geno until I see it with my own eyes.

Dude, i was using Curry as an example, Teo could be a bust as well, you dont know. It's this kind of conservative thinking that leads us to losing seasons, and we have been losing for too long.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 12-08-2012 at 02:00 PM.