View Poll Results: Which QB would you want?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geno Smith

24 53.33%
  • Matt Barkley

9 20.00%
  • Mike Glennon

0 0%
  • Tyler Wilson

0 0%
  • Other (Specify)

12 26.67%
Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

Default Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

At this point, which QB would you rather have KC draft in 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Man MMH, formerly known as MMo, freaking hit that right on saying how terrible we both were. The AFC West is a joke of a division.

I still think Denver can beat anyone in the league and win the SB. But most of their wins have come from weak teams, so we will just have to see.

Why? Because of their qb. C'mon nigerian I had to add that in there ; )

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I still think Denver can beat anyone in the league and win the SB. But most of their wins have come from weak teams, so we will just have to see.

Why? Because of their qb. C'mon nigerian I had to add that in there ; )
    We couldn't even get him to come here for an interview talk about a slap in the mother effin face.

It's fine if it's a need position. Te'o is not a need position for us.

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Peyton Manning, these guys aren't going anywhere. It is a passing league and will be for awhile.

A good CB does a lot more for us than another ILB, which we already have in DJ, who was a pro bowler last year.

So if it is a passing league, tell me why would we need to draft another ILB when we have a huge hole to cover at CB, or even WR? DJ isn't near retirement, so this accomplishes pretty much absolutely nothing.
    Aaron Rodgers you talk about him so often when talking about great QBs. QB was not a position of need for them when they picked him. They looked at him and said he's a guy that can help us going forward. I do agree that we should look more at spots we need but I don't think we can ignore the talent of someone who has done what he has done. You just have to do your homework. The Packers could have said we can make it with Brett Farve anther year and not gone for Rodgers something tells me they are glad they didn't

And again If they think Teo would be the best to help they can move him to anther spot move someone else to anther spot they can find a way to use him. That would be the job of a head coach .

And like I said it's a passing league right now you're being short sighted things change. This spread offense where all the passing numbers is going strong right now. That could change. It's happened before where the game has changed it will happen again. NFL=Not for Long Some defensive coach will figure out a way to stop this spread offense and the defense will catch back up then some offensive coach will do something new and the offense will go ahead again. It's the nature of the game
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Aaron Rodgers you talk about him so often when talking about great QBs. QB was not a position of need for them when they picked him. They looked at him and said he's a guy that can help us going forward. I do agree that we should look more at spots we need but I don't think we can ignore the talent of someone who has done what he has done. You just have to do your homework. The Packers could have said we can make it with Brett Farve anther year and not gone for Rodgers something tells me they are glad they didn't

And again If they think Teo would be the best to help they can move him to anther spot move someone else to anther spot they can find a way to use him. That would be the job of a head coach .

And like I said it's a passing league right now you're being short sighted things change. This spread offense where all the passing numbers is going strong right now. That could change. It's happened before where the game has changed it will happen again. NFL=Not for Long Some defensive coach will figure out a way to stop this spread offense and the defense will catch back up then some offensive coach will do something new and the offense will go ahead again. It's the nature of the game

But why are you relying on assumptions for the future? What if it remains a passing league for the next 7-8 years.

Let's not assume, let's just look at our situation for what it is.

I just don't see the point with drafting an ILB like Te'o with the top pick in the draft is all, not when we have DJ, a good ILB and have so many other holes to fill.

Difference in opinion. But That's it, I am leaving it at that.

But why are you relying on assumptions for the future? What if it remains a passing league for the next 7-8 years.

I just don't see the point with drafting an ILB like Te'o with the top pick in the draft is all, not when we have DJ, a good ILB and have so many other holes to fill.

Why assume because that's just how the game is. It's always changing. It has a history of change. It could be 15-20 years before it changes it could be 1-2 years.

And again I stress I'm not saying draft Teo I'm saying do our homework. I ask you why assume? Why assume that Teo can't help us?

Lets just say for the sake of argument that we just foucus on qb or cb that's all we look at. We look at many but no one really impresses so we just draft the best of what we see. Meanwhile Teo is really standing out for other teams during his workouts. Our pick be it Geno Smith or whoever ends up to be a total bust while Teo impress for many years. Can you say you won't think what if? So why assume he can't help us? Why assume that whoever our coach is next year (HOPEFULLY NOT ROMEO) couldn't find a role for him to be a bost to the defense. I would at least fell better if we did our homework on him. Looked at him saw what he could offer and then look to see if we could find a role for him to be better for the team then a QB. It's possible some coach could do it. Why assume he can't be someone who can help just because of the position he plays.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

ILB IS a position of need! We need a replacement for Belcher to play opposite of DJ!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    ILB IS a position of need! We need a replacement for Belcher to play opposite of DJ!
    and DJ isn't getting any younger

This is a bad year for QBs. They should have picked one up last year.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Once again, Belcher plays about 50% of the snaps on defense per game...tops. That's not a position you spend a first round pick on. Using a 1st round pick on a guy that isn't going to play more than half the snaps is illogical. Using a 1st round pick on a quarterback who could be the future of our franchise is logical.

As long as the offense goes 3 and out (1/11 on 3rd down), the defense is going to give up points. It's that simple folks. For the most part the defense buckled down and held them to 3 field goals and 3 touchdowns (one off a punt return). Time of possession was 26:31 for the Chiefs to 33:29 for the Browns. The defense is the least of our worries. It's impossible to evaluate them and say they're playing horrible when they're constantly under pressure because the offense can't sustain a drive. Even Belcher said in a text to his buddy the night before that whole tragic ordeal went down that "the offense can't even put up 7." This offense averages the 2nd fewest points in the league. The offense is the ultimate downfall of this team.

So which makes more sense? A linebacker that plays 50% of the plays, or the best quarterback in the draft? Once a team rolls out their 3rd wide receiver, Te'o is coming off the field.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 12-09-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Once again, Belcher plays about 50% of the snaps on defense per game...tops. That's not a position you spend a first round pick on. Using a 1st round pick on a guy he isn't going to play more than half the snaps is illogical. Using a 1st round pick on a quarterback who could be the future of our franchise is logical.
    Okay with the Dwayne Bowe branden Albert situation what do we do if we are unable to sign both. Do we draft the LT comin out this year and cut ties because to me Dwayne Bowe is obviously more important than branden Albert as Donald Stephenson has shown promise.