View Poll Results: Which QB would you want?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geno Smith

24 53.33%
  • Matt Barkley

9 20.00%
  • Mike Glennon

0 0%
  • Tyler Wilson

0 0%
  • Other (Specify)

12 26.67%
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

Default Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

At this point, which QB would you rather have KC draft in 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    If you're referring to Kiper, remember that he had Jimmy Clausen as the top QB and 4th overall rated player in 2010. This doesn't speak loudly for his QB evaluation skills.
    Agreed. One would do better to listen more closely to Mike Mayock these days.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Agreed. One would do better to listen more closely to Mike Mayock these days.
    Love him...and unfortunately his board doesn't really take shape until after the Senior Bowl. Though as much as I love Mayock, he was as high as anyone on Blaine Gabbert in 2011.

Just goes to show that nobody truly knows how these guys will pan out and to the same extent that you scout and love a player, there's still a lot of luck involved. The only guys I hope get it right are the hired scouts of the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    It's because he's so far down own most draft boards. We are most likely picking in the top 4. I have seen him rated number 10. This just isn't a deep qb class and that's just the truth of it. This organization has reached enough on picks to fill needs. If we can trade down to 7,8,9 then yeah grab him. My hunch though is the combine will expose him. Outside of rgiii, spread qbs really don't have a lot of NFL success.

So he had a monster game against Kansas. Have u seen them play, they lose to 1-aa schools. He played poorly against better teams they had a 5 game skid I believe.
    vs Kansas wasnt first great game

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    vs Kansas wasnt first great game
    5 game losing streak went from Heisman front runner to not even close.

5 game losing streak went from Heisman front runner to not even close.
    Regardless, I feel that Geno has more talent than any QB currently on the roster. Getting him on the first team is the first step. Developing him into a stud NFL quarterback will be the hard part. Regardless, the tools are there to be successful at this level.

A 10 loss team (so far) that has as many holes as we do should take the best player available. If management (whoever it is at draft time) decides that Geno is the bpa - then I have no problem with them taking him at no. 1. I personally think that we need a replacement for Belcher. Teams are using tight ends more and more, and we need somebody to match up with them. If I was the GM, I would take Te'o (if we can't trade down). I would then take Tyler Wilson or Tyler Bray (whoever available) with our 2nd pick and let him fight it out with Quinn and Tanney.
    Last edited by Bike; 12-04-2012 at 11:58 AM.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Regardless, I feel that Geno has more talent than any QB currently on the roster. Getting him on the first team is the first step. Developing him into a stud NFL quarterback will be the hard part. Regardless, the tools are there to be successful at this level.
    So we draft Geno, who is the guy gonna be to coach. Are the chiefs capable enough to bring in the right coaches. This is all so freaking frustrating. We get home here and who is gonna be able to teach him. Trent green maybe?

So we draft Geno, who is the guy gonna be to coach. Are the chiefs capable enough to bring in the right coaches. This is all so freaking frustrating. We get home here and who is gonna be able to teach him. Trent green maybe?
    ANYONE to teach him that's not Romeo,Daboll,zorn they have proven they can't get the job done.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    ANYONE to teach him that's not Romeo,Daboll,zorn they have proven they can't get the job done.

Jay Gruden.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Jay Gruden.
    I would be open to that.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!