Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let the Sean Peyton lottery begin

Default Let the Sean Peyton lottery begin

I have no idea if there is any chance of this happening. But we need a coach and this is likely Scott Pioli's last chance to get it right.

Coach I think Scott is gone after this year, but yes we need Payton. We need payton badly!

My biggest fear is that Peyton will go to Dallas before he'll come to KC as long as Pioli is the GM. Hunt must act swiftly once the season is over and can Pioli right after the last game, if he's not going to do it in mid-season. Otherwise, there's no chance of Peyton having any interest in KC.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    My biggest fear is that Peyton will go to Dallas before he'll come to KC as long as Pioli is the GM. Hunt must act swiftly once the season is over and can Pioli right after the last game, if he's not going to do it in mid-season. Otherwise, there's no chance of Peyton having any interest in KC.
    Why wait? What good is pioli right now to us what does it hurt to fire him now. What advantage is their to keep him at 1 and 7,having never led in regulation,have been down 18 in every game but 1, gonna break the record for turnovers l, is 0 and 4 against Oakland at home, has gone 4 and 12, 10 and 6, 7 and 9, and ill be surprised if we win a game the rest othe year, heads better be rolling tomorrow. If Clark really gives a poop.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I have the same fear. Dallas will throw whatever money it takes to get it done, and Peyton would have at least a semi-decent QB to work with. But I'll hope for the best, as I have been for the last 30 freak'n years.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    I have the same fear. Dallas will throw whatever money it takes to get it done, and Peyton would have at least a semi-decent QB to work with. But I'll hope for the best, as I have been for the last 30 freak'n years.
    I think Clark would open up the checkbook to hire Payton after the coaching carousel we've had here the last 10 years. I don't think Pioli will lose his job.

The biggest problem here is that I think Payton stays in New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Why wait? What good is pioli right now to us what does it hurt to fire him now. What advantage is their to keep him at 1 and 7,having never led in regulation,have been down 18 in every game but 1, gonna break the record for turnovers l, is 0 and 4 against Oakland at home, has gone 4 and 12, 10 and 6, 7 and 9, and ill be surprised if we win a game the rest othe year, heads better be rolling tomorrow. If Clark really gives a poop.
    I agree & you make all valid points. That's why I added to my sentence "if he's not going to do it in mid-season".

If the decision were mine, Pioli would already be gone. But, alas, it's up to Hunt & one can only speculate what he may be thinking. My biggest fear regarding Hunt is that he may be letting sentiment get in the way of his judgement regarding Pioli or it could be dollars and cents as Pioli's contract is guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I think Clark would open up the checkbook to hire Payton after the coaching carousel we've had here the last 10 years. I don't think Pioli will lose his job.

I hope you are wrong regarding Pioli, but you are probably right regarding the other 2 points.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 11-04-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

I agree he has a close relationship with Drew Brees he won't leave the saints.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I agree he has a close relationship with Drew Brees he won't leave the saints.
    Now we need to think about this the saints could have a season in which they are well below .500. This bounty scandal may have ownership a little frustrated and didn't they put something in drew brees contract similar to Indys with Peyton like a super high roster bonus due in march again. So if they decline to pay drew his money it may be a two for one type situation.

Alas Jerry jones would give the world to get those two.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I agree that if you have decided to let him go, then you should try to do it sooner that later. One thing that Hunt could be thinking is that possibly Pioli is already negotiating new contracts for our Free Agents like B. Albert. Ditching Pioli sets that back pretty far.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast