Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs wave Stanford Routt

Default Chiefs wave Stanford Routt

He sucked this year, but shocked they cut him:

From Sam Mellinger:

"#Chiefs waived Stanford Routt to make room for Shaun Smith, Romeo references "relationship" w/ Routt not progressing. Interesting."

Source: https://twitter.com/mellinger/status/265537308680409088

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Carr made it clear after the deal that he was not going to resign with the Chiefs. He wants to go to Dallas and play for his child hood team. It was not a question of money, he wanted out of Kansas City.

You guys just don't seem to get it. These guys are driven by various motivations, not all of them are highest bidder.
    But 5 years at $50 million helped a lot.

Default The Stronghold

These were some bold moves made today. Its very shocking to see Routt go. He had a few INTs, but every team we played, went after him. They seen the weakest link and so did we.

Congrats to Mr. Gibbs. Hopefully we can win atleast one more. It would be nice to see our CHIEFS win the next 8. But all I want is to beat the broncos. And Geno Smith as our starting QB in 2013

I agree it is surprising to see him completely cut and not just demoted. I guess it partly had to do with signing Smith. I wouldnt be surprised if there were locker room issues, cut the cancer out all together. The only other thing I can think of is his injury that kept him out last week was more serious, so they cut him.

I thought Arenas did ok last week. It would be great to see him step up into the #2 CB slot and out of the role of only being a nickel back.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    That would explain why they just cut him. It's the only thing that really makes sense to me really. If Dorsey is going to be out a long time might as well just hold him out and not risk anymore injury the seasons already over I just can't think of anything else.
    Agreed. Routt getting cut sent a message to the lockerroom. These moves today clearly reflect Pioli applying pressure on Crennel to make some changes.

Changes needed to be made, lets hope they help.

Quote Originally Posted by reded View Post
    I honestly don't see todays transactions affecting the outcome of next Mondays game. Routt sucked but he was better than Daniels. Doesn't really make any sense but what the hell has this year?

Sounds like they wanted the best chance of being the first to draft this coming draft year.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Agreed. Routt getting cut sent a message to the lockerroom. These moves today clearly reflect Pioli applying pressure on Crennel to make some changes.

Something Pioli should have done LONG LONG Ago. Now he's putting the pressure on Crennel hopefully he's feeling the pressure from Clark It's really needed for this team at this point.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    Take that Jags, we're getting that number 1 pick!! Can't wait to use it on a FB......
    eff that, I wants a long snapper

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

Yeah I was reading about Jim cassel? Giants head coach. I think they were 2 and 6 and special teams had been performing poorly so he cut the MVP of the special teams and said he would keep cutting until performance improved....not the same situation those giants lost to Baltimore in the Super Bowl.

But this could light a fire under everyone's butt.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    So whose going to replace Routt?
    Next years first round draft pick! Oh that is right. No franchise QB, because there isn't one worth taking the risk of giving the number one over all.

We are taking a qb, or we better. If not all hell will break loose among the KC fan base (as if it has not already)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast